Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Payment Plan Issues

Default Re: Payment Plan Issues

Just went through the process again. The problem with the code on the page is where the anchor for the accordion is placed. Once you hit next on the delivery method, is scrolls you down to the top of the Payment Info FIELDS; not the top of the Payment Info SECTION where the Payment Plan info is.

Front Gate has shitty (lazy) coders, plan and simple. This is also the reason people could direct link to by-pass the waiting room.

This is some ass-backwards user design. Why the F would anyone scroll up once they've moved on to another step? Talk about counter-intuitive. Having that 7-minute timer countdown was not particularly conducive to reading through every step line by line. I was mainly concerned with placing my order before they sold out.

I plan to make a stink about it with Front Gate and Coachella.

I could afford to pay for my tickets now but I'd much prefer to have signed up for the payment plan. I have done it that way the past two years with no problem, but this year I never even saw the option while buying my tickets. Three of my coworkers all said the exact same thing - wanted to do payment plan but could not. One of our friends didn't have enough money to front the tickets all at once so wasn't even able to purchase his.

I can only imagine there will be thousands of other people in this situation, so I'm hopeful if enough of us complain about the process they will make an exception to the rule and let people switch over.

And there you have it.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Frontgate's got bigger issues than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

This should also be abundantly clear when the staff review ticket sales this afternoon.

Gee, 80% or whatever of our pre-sale tickets last year were payment plan.
    This year 1% are. I wonder what happened.

Bought tickets to Weekend 1, no payment plan offered on the screen. I sucked it up and still bought them. Bought tickets for Weekend 2, all of a sudden I have a payment plan option. This is definitely a glitch. I was looking for the payment plan each time, and it wasn't there the first time. This is a Frontgate problem.
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybuck99 View Post
    This is a Frontgate problem.
    Not really though...They are PAID either way and everybody in here complaining about the process got tickets. So we can only cry but so much....

I am saying the problem is on their end, not mine. Oh well...
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

I'm pretty upset with this. My phone got through the waiting room before any of my computer browsers did. You can't zoom out on the mobile site, so there was absolutely no way for me to see a payment option field suddenly opened up above. I did not have this issue last year, when I also purchased my pass on my phone. I saw Coachella tweeted to scroll up, but that was after I'd already submitted my order. Very frustrating, especially since the payment plan is a large reason why I do the presale each year to begin with.

This only occurred when you had Payment method saved in the profile. You had to go to the next step and then go up AND click Edit, at least that's how I got it. That's might not qualify at a "bug" or "glitch" in the eyes of FrontGate but it's definitely a bad UIX design and stupid as fuck. I guess you didn't catch that use case during UAT.

I almost paid $3100 for El Dorado, as I just kept clicking on Continue expecting to see those options as I remember seeing it on the Step by Step guide. Good thing my CC was declined for that amount. That gave me a chance to go up and see what the hell happened.

Take some responsibility for once at least Gv/FG.
    Last edited by ialvarado2; 05-16-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Same thing happened to me. There was no option anywhere for a payment plan. Huge inconvenience for me to have to drop $400 right now. This pretty much erases my hopes of getting to FYF this year. I'm very bummed about this.

Forget the payment plan being a problem, how about the link on reddit that allowed you to skip through the waiting line?

add me to the list. never even had the option to do the payment plan. i got worried about the purchase timing out and just wanted to guarantee i had tickets, so i said screw it and went ahead. but they definitely screwed up big time. it was always nice and clear the last few years. sending an e-mail to frontgate now, and plan on calling them if i dont get a response. annoying, but at least i got tickets.

Bwahaha, that's just the icing on a cake made of up really shitty coding then.

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    Forget the payment plan being a problem, how about the link on reddit that allowed you to skip through the waiting line?

same boat. Have 2 email tickets open right now with different people trying to get on payment plan, the phone line is still busy with frontgate.

If they cant change it, im just going to cancel, if they refuse ill just get my bank to cancel it

Is there a bunch of hipsters running frontgate? they are located in Austin

Same thing happened to my brother and my friend. In the rush to beat the time limit, they forgot to scroll up and paid in full. They were on Iphones

Nice little wave of panic seeing that the travel package was pay in full. It took a minute to figure out. This pre-sale was a hot mess.
    Coachella 11, 12 (W1), 13 (W1), 14 (W1)
    Mazzy Star, 11/7/13
    The Entrance Band, 12/31/13, 3/8/14
    Mogwai 4/17/14

Judging by all the comments on Coachella's Facebook page, it looks like we aren't the only ones that had this problem.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I would be nice if Goldenvoice did take some responsibility for issues like this and just say, we understand that the coding for the site was sub-par and we apologize that some of you had issues. If they can't let us change out payment option, fine. I get it. But at least be able to say that there was a glitch in the system.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

I had my billing info already entered from when I registered yesterday. Never saw the payment plan option. Panicked when I saw the timer on the page so I just bit the bullet and Purchased in full. I can afford it but it's $800+ that I wasn't expecting to pay today. So stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Judging by all the comments on Coachella's Facebook page, it looks like we aren't the only ones that had this problem.
    Granted, Coachella's Facebook comments are also still idiocy like "Why would you sell passes before a lineup? What festival in the world does that?", but in this instance, their anger is justified.

Was not there at the beginning or anytime I was purchasing....why must you insist when there are multiple people with the same problem.

it is hard coded into the page. it was there. you had to scroll up to see it.

.................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    you had to scroll up to see it.
    I think this is the nut of the issue right here.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I bought on my ipad and that whole entire section was literally cut off from my view. While it is true that I confirmed $870 purchase at the end I assumed that was giving me the entire price for my order after all the payments would have been made.

You're running a marathon, it's 95 degrees, you're thirsty and tired. You know you must finish the race, there's no other option and you have to do it under 90 minutes. You know there are people on the side of the road that hand out little plastic bags with water to hydrate yourself but for some reason you don't see them during those painful 20 miles.

They were right there dude, hidden behind some banners. You just had to look back to see them.
    Last edited by ialvarado2; 05-16-2014 at 02:43 PM. Reason: grammar
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    You're running a marathon, it's 95 degrees, you're thirsty and tired. You know you must finish the race, there's no other option and you have to do it under 90 minutes. You know there are people on the side of the road that hand out little plastic bags with water to hydrate yourself but for some reason you don't see them during those painful 20 miles.

They were right there dude, hidden behind some banners. You just had to look back to see them.
    Just got off the phone with frontgate and I shit you not they switched my order to payment plan. I was really nice and showed no hostility on the phone, I calmly explained that this is the 5th year running I've done pre-sale for the sole purpose of utilizing the payment plan. I addressed the fact that I've never had a problem with frontgate tickets and purchasing passes with a payment plan before but obviously this year there was a hiccup in the purchasing process as evidenced by the sheer number of people complaining. I sympathized with him today and mentioned things must be extra crazy for him and that I was not calling to bitch and yell. He seemed to appreciate my cordial attitude.

In the end I'm delighted that my issue was resolved. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE FRONTGATE TICKETS!

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I think this is the nut of the issue right here.
    on some browsers. depending on resolution. we tried on multiple computers here with mixed results. I found it no problem when I was putting together that step by step guide to try to be helpful. just contact front gate for help.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    Just got off the phone with frontgate and I shit you not they switched my order to payment plan. I was really nice and showed no hostility on the phone, I calmly explained that this is the 5th year running I've done pre-sale for the sole purpose of utilizing the payment plan. I addressed the fact that I've never had a problem with frontgate tickets and purchasing passes with a payment plan before but obviously this year there was a hiccup in the purchasing process as evidenced by the sheer number of people complaining. I sympathized with him today and mentioned things must be extra crazy for him and that I was not calling to bitch and yell. He seemed to appreciate my cordial attitude.

In the end I'm delighted that my issue was resolved. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE FRONTGATE TICKETS!

Excellent news. Lets hope it works
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff