Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Front Gate FAILURE Thread, Presale 2015 Edition

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL *** Front Gate FAILURE Thread, Presale 2015 Edition

There you go Ben. Probably for the best, my link might have been less helpful. but more lulzy.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

I probably could have used the lulz after 45 minute on hold. I got through about 2 minutes after clicking the link, much success.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Go reddit! Haha!

Is this the world we live in, where a reddit thread that dictates to people the most basic of information that anyone calling to change an order should already be aware of is celebrated?

11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Is this the world we live in, where a reddit thread that dictates to people the most basic of information that anyone calling to change an order should already be aware of is celebrated?
    The link didn't prove necessary. I wanted to read it in case I ran in to any problems with the phone rep that answered.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

I would be really surprised if they don't switch to the Glasto style of ticket acquisition next year.
    I've seen this mentioned a couple of times, and had to look it up as I have never been. Pretty interesting idea that definitely would cut down on scalpers. Each person having their own registration number, having to submit a photo, and having their entire order canceled if they are caught selling on the secondary market might be the way to go.

http://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/in...info#BASICINFO
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

You mean if you're courteous and show some patience with customer service reps they are more inclined to help you out? I had no idea.

I was speaking more generally - I'm not familiar with reddit either, but it appears as though there is a contingent of the population that would be absolutely unable to function without a variety of its how-to guides.

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    You mean if you're courteous and show some patience with customer service reps they are more inclined to help you out? I had no idea.
    Haha, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    If you're surprised that this isn't common knowledge, then the reddit suggestion would come as a surprise too.

I was speaking more generally - I'm not familiar with reddit either, but it appears as though there is a contingent of the population that would be absolutely unable to function without a variety of its how-to guides.
    Precisely

It's pretty obvious that people have gotten dumber the further technology has progressed. Mike Judge made a documentary about the future based on it.

I was able to get 2 GA passes and camping to both weekends (first year going to both) in 40 minutes....Don't know why some people had problems. I didn't use reddit either; that is some bullshit by the way.

I would be really surprised if they don't switch to the Glasto style of ticket acquisition next year.
    No chance.

This would require a lot more personnel, and frankly I can't see Goldenvoice spending all of this extra money just to make things more "fair" for concertgoers.

Their main concert is selling out both weekends, and they're still doing that, even with these dumb glitches.

That's not to say that there won't be changes. I am guessing that they will be more careful when programming the system in January, and this link-sharing crap will no longer work. They may fix other problems, as well, but I wouldn't count on it.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by levi760 View Post
    I was able to get 2 GA passes and camping to both weekends (first year going to both) in 40 minutes....Don't know why some people had problems.
    What an idiotic post. The fact that you (or any one person) was able to get tickets is pretty much meaningless.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by levi760 View Post
    I was able to get 2 GA passes and camping to both weekends (first year going to both) in 40 minutes....Don't know why some people had problems. I didn't use reddit either; that is some bullshit by the way.
    No, people like you going to Coachella is bullshit by the way.
    holy shit dude
    ^I earned this.^

"Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Quote Originally Posted by kellybuck99 View Post
    I've seen this mentioned a couple of times, and had to look it up as I have never been. Pretty interesting idea that definitely would cut down on scalpers. Each person having their own registration number, having to submit a photo, and having their entire order canceled if they are caught selling on the secondary market might be the way to go.

http://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/in...info#BASICINFO
    Too much work. They're EASILY selling out now. Why would they invest more money if they have nothing to gain from it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    TRAVI$ SCOTT for 2015

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    What an idiotic post. The fact that you (or any one person) was able to get tickets is pretty much meaningless.
    considering I was able to get tickets to BOTH weekends in 40min total while people waited for over an hour and didn't get tickets to either; another sign that things were pretty fucked up...Most people would see that my comment is relevant to the initial topic. I understand that you're probably not "most people"... let me know if you need help with the bigger words.
    Last edited by levi760; 05-18-2014 at 10:28 AM.

I think my biggest problem with all of this shit is that this is clearly now a lottery and they aren't advertising it as such. Show up at 10, get in line, and we'll randomly choose you to have the privilege to purchase tickets. If it's a lottery, say it's a fucking lottery. To sit in a waiting room for 90 minutes, being told the whole time that "your chances are looking good", only to get to the purchase page and be told that tickets are gone is fucking stupid.

Even though I have tickets, this has left a really sour taste in my mouth. I'm already on the fence about going, and this doesn't help. At the same time, I guess they don't need my business any more anyway.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The waiting room has always been a lottery. You got randomly chosen and it was never first in, first out. This has always worked in the past because there were always enough tickets to go around in the presale. I think it took a day to sell out last year, and like a week the year before.

The demand is now high enough that those who want a ticket during presale may not get it, basically making it like the regular onsale. Unless they move to ticketmaster or something that could handle the traffic of everyone at once, the waiting room is probably going to be used for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    Too much work. They're EASILY selling out now. Why would they invest more money if they have nothing to gain from it?

I appreciate the comment, but it's not too much work for Glastonbury, and they have a higher attendance record than Coachella. What they have to gain from it was listed in my original post---eliminate or at least minimize scalpers so real fans can get tickets each year without getting screwed on cost.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/27/glasto...d-low-3860086/

http://www.kgbanswers.co.uk/how-many...h-year/3677474
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I think my biggest problem with all of this shit is that this is clearly now a lottery and they aren't advertising it as such. Show up at 10, get in line, and we'll randomly choose you to have the privilege to purchase tickets. If it's a lottery, say it's a fucking lottery. To sit in a waiting room for 90 minutes, being told the whole time that "your chances are looking good", only to get to the purchase page and be told that tickets are gone is fucking stupid.

Even though I have tickets, this has left a really sour taste in my mouth. I'm already on the fence about going, and this doesn't help. At the same time, I guess they don't need my business any more anyway.

Yeah, this lottery bullshit has to go. Should be first in, first out.

How do you have first in first out when thousands all show up in line at the exact same moment?

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    How do you have first in first out when thousands all show up in line at the exact same moment?
    You could use the random selection from this group. But, do not let people who log in 5 minutes later go ahead. That is how they are *not* doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybuck99 View Post
    I appreciate the comment, but it's not too much work for Glastonbury, and they have a higher attendance record than Coachella. What they have to gain from it was listed in my original post---eliminate or at least minimize scalpers so real fans can get tickets each year without getting screwed on cost.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/27/glasto...d-low-3860086/

http://www.kgbanswers.co.uk/how-many...h-year/3677474
    My point was that is no incentive (either financial or reputation) for them to switch over to that system. It's going to sell out regardless. If all the people who bitch about Coachella selling out don't go like they've been saying the past few years, there will be someone else there to buy the passes that are being passed up on.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    TRAVI$ SCOTT for 2015

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    The waiting room has always been a lottery. You got randomly chosen and it was never first in, first out. This has always worked in the past because there were always enough tickets to go around in the presale. I think it took a day to sell out last year, and like a week the year before.

The demand is now high enough that those who want a ticket during presale may not get it, basically making it like the regular onsale. Unless they move to ticketmaster or something that could handle the traffic of everyone at once, the waiting room is probably going to be used for the forseeable future.

the demand was not high enough, multiple people got an upwards of 10 tickets, with intention of scalping by using multiple credit cards with the same shipping address and using the reddit link to bypass the regular people waiting.

it was a fucking shitshow for fans, and a dream come true for scalpers.
    end of story. nothing else to be said.

Your hyperbole about scalpers is retarded. There are the same amount of tickets on Stubhub this year as there were last year and the year before. If you look at the original reddit thread dozens of people got tickets that way, so it did not just benefit scalpers.

Presale sold out in an hourish. Last year it took a day and the year before it took several days. That's what you call high demand.
    Last edited by mmsk123; 05-19-2014 at 09:21 AM.

I'm actually the person who wrote that script.

The reason I wrote it is because even though the official Coachella Facebook page had stated that "Frontgate will switch you to a payment plan." three things were happening.

1) They were getting an automated email from frontgate refusing to switch to a payment plan.
    2) Once you got through to Frontgate, there was a message stating they would not switch to a payment plan.
    3) Once you got past the message and to a person at Frontgate, they were refusing to switch you to a payment plan.

At the time, they were apparently picking and choosing who they wanted to do it for. I mainly wrote the script so that people knew you could in fact get switched to a payment plan, and the other main part was so people knew that Coachella officially stated that you could do so, and Frontgate may not be aware.

So although in retrospect the information may seem insignificant, at the time it covered a lot of information that people were not privy to. Especially the official go ahead by Coachella to get switched over.

It's actually my only post on Reddit, I've never posted there before . . . or really visited that website other than maybe a link that sent me there at some point.
    Last edited by subby33; 05-19-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Here's an article on how the pro's get their tickets...

read this

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226634119343

Now you know the real scoop

With Coachella ticket secondary market hitting a record high every broker plus tom, dick and harry are buying additional to scalp.

It made no sense I was on SECOND 1 when it opened and I couldn't get through...freaking second 1. My brother has a T1 line at work and he too was on second 1 and couldn't get through.

We can't fight the bots...

The only recommendation I have for Golden Voice is to set up a booth at the Festival...and do the presale on site. This guarantees the people going are the ones buying. They can check ID there on the spot to match address. It'd take 3-4 people in a booth with a credit card machine...and that's it.
    It would stop a bunch of the scalpers ..as they won't take the time to show up to the fest as they are making their money over the computer and wouldn't take the time to fly out and go through the hassle of trying to get a room and everything else that comes with it.

How about that Psychic Friend? Possible you could recommend the idea of having a pre-sale AT COACHELLA. There'd be a lot of benefits with little to no drawback. Shoot they could even limit the buyers (if you are at weekend 1 you can only pre buy for weekend 1 next year) - thus keeping many tickets for those going to weekend 2 readily avail. GV would also benefit by having our money longer thus earning more interest.

This helps fans go to the show and helps GV make a little more via interest. Win-Win

thoughts?
    Last edited by baily; 05-19-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Define "many".