Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Front Gate FAILURE Thread, Presale 2015 Edition

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL *** Front Gate FAILURE Thread, Presale 2015 Edition

I refreshed my page at 9:59 and immediately redirected to the standby page. I purchased my tickets by 10:22 using Safari on my phone. Also they hid the Payment Plan option, not until my card got denied did I find it. I hit edit on payment info and that's where I found the 20% deposit. But I know A LOT of people who had to pay in full because they bypassed that.
    Coachella '11, '12, '13, '14, '15

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    FYI internet speed was totally irrelevant here.

I could have done just as well with my old 56k baud dialup modem.

Yes, kids, that was once a thing.
    DUH. All you need is an internet connection and a shortcut bypassing the queue of frontGATE hell.

I am never aware of that old existing (/recurring?) loophole and you did not mention it in your first post, however, I did not really get into this thread until after my experience yesterday. I thought a fast speed connection had a fighting chance against the thousands who will be at the starting gate. I thought of this thread and tried to check wtf is going on but all I saw was the freezing and beautiful Coachella white screen.

If i was going to trade passes for a different wknd in the future what is the safest/smartest way of trading?

For the past 5 years I have had to resort to using a fleet of 80 machines across 5 internet connections using 4 browsers just to ensure I can place my orders. I feel bad for people without a surplus of computing resources.

FYI I know why it was not in the first post and since it made the LA Times, hopefully they will finally bother to fix it, that is, if and only if GV still let them handle this in the future. I support 100% this thread.

And I was lucky because I got my 2 weekends passes. It was my fault not taking these frontGATE known issues closely in the past (eg, by not bothering to ask my buddies here what is causing the notorious "queue of hell"). What if I used my throttled-speed smartphone instead? So I am thinking, luck, speed and patience helped my case.
    Last edited by idrive1life; 05-17-2014 at 06:55 AM.

I had no problem getting tix last 2 years but this year the "click here" link didnt work on my computers or phone(fuck you front gate). It wasnt until I refreshed the whole page that finally went on the stand by page. Unfortunately i had lost 5 valuable minutes. Ended up getting wknd 2 wich I totally fine with me but if had had click refresh earlier i would of got wknd 1 no doubt.

I settled for 2 weekend 2 passes.
    I'm thinking of reselling later or buying weekend one in January and go both times.

Quote Originally Posted by poweruser86 View Post
    For the past 5 years I have had to resort to using a fleet of 80 machines across 5 internet connections using 4 browsers just to ensure I can place my orders. I feel bad for people without a surplus of computing resources.
    my kinda guy ... resourceful, forward thinking, takes what he wants ...
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

let's fuck
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Frontgate made MULTIPLE failures in this pre-sale that could have easily been avoided.

1. While they beefed up the bandwidth on the FrontGate server that puts you in the waiting room, they stupidly routed you through the Coachella.com website to get there instead of having you hit the FG server directly. Coachella.com melted down under the pressure and people were getting 404 errors or time outs. Frontgate should have hosted the landing page link and sent a direct URL to prospective buyers.

2. The new User Interface was a complete pile of crap. With each hit of the "next" button it would open a new dialogue box, but shoot you down halfway through the content so that you entirely missed the upper portion of the box. This was where the payment plan radio button was hiding. Having to scroll UP is completely counter intuitive and poor UI design. On top of that, every browser handled the dialogue boxes different and it seems that FG did not test on multiple platforms, or their UX department, didn't seem to care. Couple that with an EXTREMELY short session time (6 minutes), and of course half of the buyers missed the payment plan option or were completely confused since they were missing large portions of content that you had to scroll UP to find. Just a stupid stupid UI that was not thought out well or tested in a live environment.

3. The direct links, ohhhhh those dreaded direct links. Here's the deal, no one had a "direct link" it is just that the IT team at Frontgate was issuing a token (or cookie) for each connected session that made it to the ticket purchase page. Instead of making this a single use token (which is basic Programming 101) it was a multi-use or unlimited use token that would allow everyone who used that specific individual's session URL to bypass the waiting room (stand by page) and go straight into session. They should of used a GUID or had all buyers log in with their FG accounts first and then issue a GUID so their URL could not be shared.

That said, my group was lucky enough to get tickets so I am certainly not complaining, but I really do feel bad for the people who were shut out or ended up paying in full because of the ineptitude of FG's design team. I hope FG will learn from these errors and correct the mistakes for the next sale. They shouldn't have reinvented the wheel this year with their new UI and should have stuck to what worked.
    Last edited by Maijag; 05-17-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maijag View Post
    Frontgate made MULTIPLE failures in this pre-sale that could have easily been avoided.

1. While they beefed up the bandwidth on the FrontGate server that puts you in the waiting room, they stupidly routed you through the Coachella.com website to get there instead of having you hit the FG server directly. Coachella.com melted down under the pressure and people were getting 404 errors or time outs. Frontgate should have hosted the landing page link and sent a direct URL to prospective buyers.

2. The new User Interface was a complete pile of crap. With each hit of the "next" button it would open a new dialogue box, but shoot you down halfway through the content so that you entirely missed the upper portion of the box. This was where the payment plan radio button was hiding. Having to scroll UP is completely counter intuitive and poor UI design. On top of that, every browser handled the dialogue boxes different and it seems that FG did not test on multiple platforms, or their UX department, didn't seem to care. Couple that with an EXTREMELY short session time (6 minutes), and of course half of the buyers missed the payment plan option or were completely confused since they were missing large portions of content that you had to scroll UP to find. Just a stupid stupid UI that was not thought out well or tested in a live environment.

3. The direct links, ohhhhh those dreaded direct links. Here's the deal, no one had a "direct link" it is just that the IT team at Frontgate was issuing a token (or cookie) for each connected session that made it to the ticket purchase page. Instead of making this a single use token (which is basic Programming 101) it was a multi-use or unlimited use token that would allow everyone who used that specific individual's session URL to bypass the waiting room (stand by page) and go straight into session. They should of used a GUID or had all buyers log in with their FG accounts first and then issue a GUID so their URL could not be shared.

That said, my group was lucky enough to get tickets so I am certainly not complaining, but I really do feel bad for the people who were shut out or ended up paying in full because of the ineptitude of FG's design team. I hope FG will learn from these errors and correct the mistakes for the next sale. They shouldn't have reinvented the wheel this year with their new UI and should have stuck to what worked.
    Sorry, but you're incorrect on the bolded part. I got through the "normal" way by waiting. Once through, I noticed the URL. Like you, I initially thought it to be a single-use token (it sure as hell looked like one from the URL), so I saved it in case I got some kind of timeout or other common Front Gate fail. When the reddit link appeared, it was identical to the link I had saved for myself.

So unless I'm the guy who posted on reddit and just forgot that I did it, your statement is wrong.

It wasn't even a token. It was just a URL made to look like a token.

The rest of your points seem pretty correct, though.
    Last edited by Archie Bunker; 05-17-2014 at 09:38 AM.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseSensitive View Post
    I'm trying to recall...which browser had the highest success rate in years past?
    I was using Netscape.

Also, thanks to the Reddit person who helped with the link to bypass the waiting room. I know people are pissed at whoever that person is, but at least the tickets are most likely going to people who are attending, and not the scalpers who have already put their tickets on stubhub.

Love all the people who gamed the system yet keep posting that they feel bad for those that weren't able to purchase passes. Fucking assholes right there.

Hmmm ... So what you are saying is that they didn't issue any token at all? If that's true, they're even more incompetent than I initially suspected.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Love all the people who gamed the system yet keep posting that they feel bad for those that weren't able to purchase passes. Fucking assholes right there.
    I had no idea this reddit shit happened. I was a little upset I couldn't get a ticket yesterday, but now I know why. I will get a wristband and attend Coachella, im not worried about that, but I wish I had one paid for already. Is everyone banking on these tickets reaching $2500 a piece on stubhub again? Fuck those people, book the stone roses again so they have to dump their tickets under face value.
    09,10,12w1,13w1

People were repeatedly logging back in using that direct link and buying up passes with different cards.

earlier this morning there was one seller on stubhub with 17 tickets available all at $600 a piece. which is over 10k before stubhub fees.
    BEYOND FUCKED.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarinn18 View Post
    If i was going to trade passes for a different wknd in the future what is the safest/smartest way of trading?
    use the buyer's first-born as collateral. usually works
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    True. In desperation and while waiting in agony, I will be honest, if I had known that loophole, I would have actively searched the blogosphere until I find it and do it that way. But this board might be too much for me to even read after getting passes that route.

I am planning to do it again in 2020 or maybe, keep trying this lottery system every year and go if I win every time. I expect a more organized chaos or some sort of a new Coachella lottery (pre)sale system in the future after this year's shit storm.

I would be really surprised if they don't switch to the Glasto style of ticket acquisition next year.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Has anyone been able to successfully get frontgate to switch their full payment into a payment plan AFTER their initial email response of "sorry all sales final?" I saw someone say earlier in this thread they called frontgate but they supposedly selected the payment plan and still got charged the full amount and frontgate was able to verify this. Most of us aren't in that boat.

^^ glasto setup would be amazing for all. except scalpers. what's the incentive for coachella to NOT go change to a glasto type system?
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Quote Originally Posted by ActionComics View Post
    book the stone roses again so they have to dump their tickets under face value.
    Yeah man! Let's book a shit headliner to punish the majority of people of legitimately buy tickets so a few scalpers lose money!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Has anyone been able to successfully get frontgate to switch their full payment into a payment plan AFTER their initial email response of "sorry all sales final?" I saw someone say earlier in this thread they called frontgate but they supposedly selected the payment plan and still got charged the full amount and frontgate was able to verify this. Most of us aren't in that boat.
    \
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...nt-Plan-Issues

Just call them. You'll be on hold for an hour, but they will let you switch over.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    Yeah man! Let's book a shit headliner to punish the majority of people of legitimately buy tickets so a few scalpers lose money!
    Fuck you.

And seriously, no need to go Glasto style on this...just create a system where each user/account has a UNIQUE link to them (that expires) created after being spitted from the waiting room, and this entire thing is fixed. It's fucking basic programming. FrontGate is 100% at blame here.

Are you scared you will have to balk on buying a ticket if it went te way if Glasto? Makes it easier on everyone else buying, and gets rid of all the traffic from the ticket brokers.

what's the incentive for coachella to NOT go change to a glasto type system?
    GV scalps more coachella tickets than all other scalpers combined. That's why.

There's a really nice post on reddit with a script to follow that has been getting a very high rate of success in switching to payment plan.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    There's a really nice post on reddit with a script to follow that has been getting a very high rate of success in switching to payment plan.
    Can you link this? I'm not very familiar with Reddit.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    Can you link this? I'm not very familiar with Reddit.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Coachella/co..._payment_plan/

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    Thanks!
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015