Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Front Gate FAILURE Thread, Presale 2015 Edition

Default Re: *** OFFICIAL *** Front Gate FAILURE Thread, Presale 2015 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    Basically the programmers were really, really lazy for some reason.

1) Put buyer in waiting room, assign them a number
    2) Draw a number randomly. Send buyer with that number to buy page at a predetermined "secret" URL.
    3) Keep repeating #2 until desired number of buyers is hit
    4) When any buyer completes a transaction, auto-log them out and repeat #2

The problem here is that the "secret" URL is the same for everyone.
    #4 wasn't working very well. My friends were able to go right back to the select tickets page after checking out. This enabled them to buy multiple sets of tickets while avoiding the waiting room. They discovered this by accident.
    They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.

Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    Same here.....there was no payment plan option. I didn't expect to be billed for the full amount. I have emailed them, let's see what happens.
    There was one, they just hid it. You had to wait until the very end, when the final "submit" button comes up you can instead click "edit" next to your payment options and then you can select the layaway plan. Why they hid this in such a bullshit manner I don't know, I'm not a business major so maybe the extra cash up front is worth damaging your reputation but from this end it's hard to see how.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
    Yes. I actually lucked into getting through. When I saw the URL of the buy page, I wondered, "Hmmm.. does everyone get a different link?", but the gibberish at the end of the URL seemed to indicate a different code for each user, so I didn't think much of it.

I couldn't check this forum because it was white-screening at the time.

Then I checked the forum when it went back up, and someone had posted that identical URL I remembered seeing when I got through, and I just facepalmed really hard.

Now, you might ask, "If you got tickets, why are you complaining?"

I am complaining because the system sucks, and I just scratch my head every year (especially this year) at some of the choices they make when putting it together.

Maybe they should rename the 2015 festival Redditchella, because that's who will be attending Weekend 1.
    I'm regular Coachellagoer and I actually felt kinda guilty after buying tickets using the link that someone had posted on facebook. I was actually upset the whole time I was purchasing the tickets just because I couldn't get over how ridiculous it was that they didn't randomize the URL for each person.

Frontgate should be renamed Backdoor.

What are the chances that they will hold people to only 2 tickets per Frontgate account?

yea, i think im out. maybe if the lineup is amazing i'll try my luck at the january sale or spend way too much on stubhub, but if not i might just skip next year or stop going all together. a lot of the magic died for me this year anyway
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

I feel like not enough people are celebrating the very real silver lining of today's event, though. 7 months without GPS's useless photos and shitbag racism is well worth the price of some of you having paid in full.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    I didn't see a payment plan option anywhere when I purchased tickets using Chrome. Where was it located? I did get tickets but I had to drop $750 to do it. Anyone have similar issues? Anyone know if there is a way to re-instatre a payment plan option for tickets already purchased? Either way, see ya in 2015
    I also didn't see the payment plan option on Mobile Safari (my iPad was the only browser that got out of the waiting room all morning). By the time it found passes and parking, there was only ~1 minute left on my cart; so I just paid the full amount rather than scouring the page trying to find the payment plan options.

Sounds like I should just be happy that we got our W1 tickets in under a half hour without Reddit trickery.
    Last edited by joshc; 05-16-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by "Archie Bunker
    Basically the programmers were really, really lazy for some reason.

1) Put buyer in waiting room, assign them a number
    2) Draw a number randomly. Send buyer with that number to buy page at a predetermined "secret" URL.
    3) Keep repeating #2 until desired number of buyers is hit
    4) When any buyer completes a transaction, auto-log them out and repeat #2

The problem here is that the "secret" URL is the same for everyone.
    #4 wasn't working very well. My friends were able to go right back to the select tickets page after checking out. This enabled them to buy multiple sets of tickets while avoiding the waiting room. They discovered this by accident.
    You're right, but by "auto-log them out", I mean just that -- log out their account.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Wonder what FGT will do in terms of damage control after creating Scalpchella 2015. Publicly encourage fair face-value trading on the forum here? I was lucky to get 2 GA W1 tickets that I may be willing to swap for a W1 VIP.

Lurker

We found that they hid the payment plan link if you paid in full last year, but showed it if you previously had a payment plan. I am not surprised that several people were expecting a payment plan but were charged in full.

Frontgate should be renamed Backdoor.
    Paging GPS
    Papi Piratón!

I just called Front Gate and asked them what they are planning to for the aggrieved would-be presale buyers.

I recorded their response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

FWIW, I e-mailed FrontGate after purchasing asking about the payment plan options. At that time, they said there was no way to convert the order and that orders were non-refundable; now their twitter page is telling a slightly different story: telling people to repurchase , use the payment plan option, and then ask for one order to be refunded.

How can you repurchase if the sale is done?

FWIW, this link thing isn't anything new. It seems to be more blatant this year because of reddit, twitter, and facebook posts. In the past, once you got through the waiting room and bought tickets, you were able to go back on your browser and keep purchasing. Last year I bought mine and then several others using the same link. I just wasn't broadcasting the link.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I got fucked a couple years ago buying a couple VIP passes. The layaway option wouldn't process. S0 I ended up paying full amount right there and then...bastards.

it's been like this for 3 straight years......i got tickets for multiple friends/family today
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by arsgunner View Post
    it's been like this for 3 straight years......i got tickets for multiple friends/family today
    My friends were able to do the same thing. Obviously once your code is in...you are in.

I was on the second 10am hit...even started at 9:55am hitting every second. Didn't get through weekend 1. Figured it was due to slow net speed here...then found out brother who has a T1 line (top end net) couldn't get though weekend 1 either. I work in a lab and we had 5 computers going....not one got past the waiting room.

My guess is they held more tickets back this year....it's just a guess.

Called bud and he got us ours for weekend 1....squeeked it out.

Feeling very very fortunate. Was going to have to hope for the local sale...which was awesome in the past, but utter failure this past year due to them trying to do it online.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO BACK AND DO THE LOCAL SALE THE WAY IT HAS BEEN DONE IN THE PAST!!! IT WORKED AND MADE SURE ONLY LOCALS GOT THE TICKETS!
    Last edited by baily; 05-16-2014 at 01:24 PM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

I opened my page at 10:03
    Got through by 10:36 and bought all my group tickets
    No problem, Seemed fast and easy ...

That glitch has been in existence every year of the presale. Really surprised that they haven't fixed that by now.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    I didn't see a payment plan option anywhere when I purchased tickets using Chrome. Where was it located? I did get tickets but I had to drop $750 to do it. Anyone have similar issues? Anyone know if there is a way to re-instatre a payment plan option for tickets already purchased? Either way, see ya in 2015
    THIS! I emailed Frontgate about it and the response was "all sales are final and we cant change anything"
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ELIZA83TH View Post
    I think Frontgate did a good job of HIDING THAT FUCKING PAYMENT PLAN OPTION.
    I figured it out, but it sounds like a lot of people had trouble finding it.
    It was defaulted at "pay in full" - sneaky, sneaky.
    Plus that damn 6 minute timer giving you anxiety, so you rush through it.
    Way to get all of peoples' money at once… LAME.
    fuck that shit. and fuck frontgate!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    THIS! I emailed Frontgate about it and the response was "all sales are final and we cant change anything"
    Is this even legal in California? A friend of mine that is a lawyer got a refund for one of his friends one year. Initially, they gave him the same line at first....

I waited about 50 minutes in the "waiting room" for weekend 2. I got tired of waiting, so I closed the page.

I then re-started the process, and got directly into the "select tickets" page without any wait.

Then, just after I clicked the "confirm purchase" link, the page crashed.

So I had to restart the process all over again, and I was able to purchase my 2 tickets.

I then received two separate confirming emails, indicating that I have purchased two sets of 2 tickets each.

I am now living in fear that both transactions will be cancelled.

What a fucked up process.

Hey, GV, why the hell are you still using Front Gate?

Fire them bitches. Make it happen, GV!!! Make it happen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    I waited about 50 minutes in the "waiting room" for weekend 2. I got tired of waiting, so I closed the page.

I then re-started the process, and got directly into the "select tickets" page without any wait.

Then, just after I clicked the "confirm purchase" link, the page crashed.

So I had to restart the process all over again, and I was able to purchase my 2 tickets.

I then received two separate confirming emails, indicating that I have purchased two sets of 2 tickets each.

I am now living in fear that both transactions will be cancelled.

What a fucked up process.
    Have a similar problem! Do people know how strictly they enforce this?!

please contact FG to sort it out crazy
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Not looking forward to interacting with Front Gate.

I sent FG an e-mail regarding the payment plan mishap. Sure, maybe it was my fault for not looking harder, but when you're on a serious time crunch, you tend to overrlook things like this if they're not made more visible/accessible. The overwhelming amount of people who are in the same boat proves that they really fucked this up this year.

Doubt I'll hear back or they'll even do anything about it since the full payment has already been processed, but I purposely sent it just to be another e-mail clogging up their inbox. Fuck them.

Lurker

Was able to get in after waiting for 40 mins but try to purchase 2 tickets and wouldn't let me but was still able to get a ticket with car camping pass for wk1. Alot of my group couldn't get through in time so had to get wk2 instead and since only like 5 of us were able to ge through for wk1 out of our group of 25 we are just gonna trade to wk2.