Thread: Insight on El Dorado?

Default Insight on El Dorado?

Anyone camped at El Dorado last year? In the tents maybe?

I think I read somewhere they made some changes like adding floor? Can anyone confirm that or give any insight on how was the experience compared to previous years?

Also, they don't let you take popup tents in there anymore right? Does it get very hot in the safari style tents?
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Default Re: Insight on El Dorado?

Will the Eldorado info show up on Friday? I can't remember if that is what happened last year or what.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I'm looking for recent reviews of El Dorado as well, can't find much on the boards from the last couple of years. I saw that they installed wooden floors in the four person tents a couple of years ago, but I'd like to know if they've since installed flooring in the teepees. Also, any pictures from El Dorado that people would like to share would be swell.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Will the Eldorado info show up on Friday? I can't remember if that is what happened last year or what.
    it's already been posted in the 2015 advance sale FAQ.

06/30 Jack White - L'Olympia
    07/01 Slow Magic - Le Batofar
    07/29 Boris - The Mohawk
    08/31 Little Dragon - The Moody Theater
    10/03 Shonen Knife - Red 7
    09/12 GvsB IV w/Panda Bear, SOPHIE, DOSS, Ejecta - Granada Theater
    11/7,8,9 Fun Fun Fun - Auditorium Shores
    11/12 The Horrors - The Parish
    11/23 Caribou, Jessy Lanza - The Mohawk

07, 08, 09, 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

Thanks. derp.

Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Stayed there last year in a teepee
    There is flooring in all of the tents, no flooring in the teepees. There are about 7-10 four-person tents that have a "lakeside" advantage, not as close to the lake as the teepees but are about 20 feet back off the water with nothing in front of them. The teepees are mostly all on the lake, with a few being in the second row behind other teepees. All the teepees were designed by an artist and every 7 or so featured different designs (Animals, Patterns, Native American Theme), along with the solid color ones everyone has seen. It was GREAT to wake up every morning and look outside on the lake. The scenery is really what makes this place. There are great picnic tables by the lakeside there were great to just hang out at and eat or have a beer. It really is a great setting if you are on the water, if not, I feel like it would be a waste of money. The cots are as comfortable as camping cots could be. Most people had blow up air mattresses and did away with the cots.

I dont know about previous years as I had only car camped, but it was very pleasant and enjoyable and the people that work there are very friendly and easygoing. There are lots of foreign people, seemed to be mostly Australian, but met people from England, Ireland, Germany and Sweden as well.

Biggest advantage I felt like I had over car camping was the ease of use for the shower and the bathroom situation. There are male and female air conditioned bathrooms and showers. The porta-potties were never filthy and the air conditioned bathrooms (two stalls, two urinals in the mens, with a working sink) were very nice to have although those seemed more trashed than the porta-potties at times. You could walk up to the shower and walk right in at most times. I never once waited for a shower and the womens never had too long of a wait either, and some girls even started to use the "mens" shower by Saturday as there was no designation, and the mens was almost always empty. They also had outlets, mirrors and sinks right outside the showers so you could beautify yourself if you felt the need.

We were allowed ins and outs with our car between the hours of 8am and 10 pm. We could drive out, pick up food, more beer, whatever, and head back in. The parking lot is about 100 yards away from the El Dorado gate, from the back corner of lot 7 to the entrance at the front of lot 7. The first two days of arrival, Thursday and Friday, they had peddle cabs available in the parking lot to take you and all your stuff to the gate for $20(?). El Dorado also had pull carts you could use in exchange for your license or identification. You aren't too far from the food terrace which is nice and easy to get to in the morning, or whenever you get up, to go grab some goodies.

Overall I would totally recommend it as it really is another great way to experience the festival. Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer.
    Last edited by gam3g3ni3; 05-15-2014 at 08:47 AM.

Is Eldorado 18 and over, no exceptions?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Is Eldorado 18 and over, no exceptions?
    I do not believe so, but im not 100% sure. I definitely saw a mom chaperone her daughter(s) and friend(s) in a 4 person tent. Although they all could have been 18, they didn't look the part.

If I had any freinds that would get with it we would grab a 4 person tent and get there super early and grab one of the "lakeside" 4-persons that also stay in the shade for most of the day. Oh and I forgot to mention that the sleeping bags they give you are also Branded with "Lake Eldorado" with a little Teepee/Lake logo on them. I would have kept mine but had no room for it with my luggage.

Edit: Amyzzz I just looked up and down the FAQ and nowhere does it say that it is 18+ older no exceptions. The 18+ unless accompanied rule applies here too. Take your kids, grab a 4 person tent, get there early and have a great time.

And now that I think about it there was a family, from Australia, that had a younger teenage son. So yes, you can bring your kids.
    Last edited by gam3g3ni3; 05-15-2014 at 09:00 AM.

That sounds great gam3g3ni3! Thanks.

How's the heat inside the tepees or tents?
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    That sounds great gam3g3ni3! Thanks.

How's the heat inside the tepees or tents?
    I never found my teepee too bad. Thursday Weekend 1 was a little above 100 degrees at the peak time during the day. I arrived at 11am to grab the teepee of my choice. It was hot no matter what you would do, but it wasn't unbearable. By the time it rolls around to be hot enough you are out and about anyways (noon-2pm). You could always find a nice breeze off the lake and sit down and let it cool you off.

The tents seemed much cooler and could open up more to give better ventilation.

Unrelated but just remembered - they also had a Bocce ball court set up that I didnt take advantage of...but it was nice to know it was there.

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    The tents seemed much cooler and could open up more to give better ventilation.
    This. The teepees are little sweatboxes compared to the tents.

Also, kids are definitely okay in Eldorado so long as they are accompanied by an adult. I brought two of mine a couple of years ago no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzwriter View Post
    This. The teepees are little sweatboxes compared to the tents.

Also, kids are definitely okay in Eldorado so long as they are accompanied by an adult. I brought two of mine a couple of years ago no problem.

But if you get one of the teepees on the north or south of the lake you get wind coming into your teepee during the day (north side) or night (south side) making them actually pretty pleasant.

Tents and teepees are balls hot.......... follow the shade around outside with your cot and you'll be fine. Showers are fuckin awesome. Security is tight and your shit will be safe. I stayed there twice but last year we rolled car camping with a sweet set up. I missed the Eldorado showers and shitters tho'! DO IT! if ya got the funds