Thread: Quick Parking Question

Default Quick Parking Question

I'm a seasoned Lolla and OSL vet. I plan on attending Coachella 2015. Right now the plan is to stay in Palm Springs and drive into the festival every day.

How's the parking situation? How long does it take to exit the festival? Any other suggestions?

Default Re: Quick Parking Question

Leaving parking can take a couple hours sometimes, but other times, it can be fast. Driving from Palm Springs take about 45 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I've read a few posts on here saying that it's improved over the last couple years.

Driving back and forth from Palm Springs sucks. Stay closer
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

If you arrive before 2 o'clock each day you park very close to the fest, and leaving the fest is only bad on Saturday. less than an hour.
    if you arrive later it sucks parking and leaving.

Unless you're staying in Palm Springs for free or a timeshare, I would agree with kronz. Stay closer.

Parking is doable. as they say sometimes there are waits leaving. like any big event.

but listen to these people about where to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Considering how big the event is, I had no problems this year coming or going. Arrived at the festival between 2-3 and left just before the end each night.

Not bad getting there from Palm Springs. Take the 10, stay off 111, way too may lights. The only day I waited more that 30-45vminutes to get out was Friday night. All the rest where no issues and I stayed until the end each night.

This past year was my first year staying off-site. I stayed in Palm Springs. Getting to the festival was super quick and easy. Probably 45 minutes door to door (minus walking which is quite a ways). Leaving was a nightmare on Friday and Saturday. I stayed til the end each night(1am/12 on sun). I think Friday I got back to the hotel around 3:30, Saturday was about 2:30-3 and Sunday was 1:30. I obviously don't know what parking will be like in '15 but on Friday I parked in the Easternmost lot (along the shuttle line) and that was the worst decision ever. Its such a clusterfuck leaving the festival the same direction as everyone in the shuttles.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman110 View Post
    I'm a seasoned Lolla and OSL vet. I plan on attending Coachella 2015. Right now the plan is to stay in Palm Springs and drive into the festival every day.

How's the parking situation? How long does it take to exit the festival? Any other suggestions?
    It all depends if the parking people actually do their job properly. And if you stay til the end or not. Saturday this year took no time at all due to the dust storm and a ton of people left early. Friday was the only major one, since everyone stayed til Outkast finished. About an hour to get out of a parking lot that was literally next to a street. Sunday was no problem either as people are tired and leave a little early. Make sure you give yourself a decent amount of time to drive and park, and then walk into the festival. If youre trying to time it to arrive before a certain act, give yourself maybe an extra 30 min, cause you never know. And where in Palm springs is always the question as the commute. If youre on the north end by the freeway, it should take you half an hour to get from there to the parking lot. If youre in downtown Palm Springs, youre only option is Highway 111, and its still a quick drive, you just have signal lights to deal with. Theres no point in wasting 20 mins to drive up to the freeway, when you would be halfway there just going south on 111.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman110 View Post

Take the shuttle. Make it easy on yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I was planning on booking a cheaper hotel in Palm Springs. The idea of booking one of the travel packages is tempting, but I do not want to start paying for my stay already. If I book something simple like a Motel 6, I just pay at check in.

Does anyone have a better idea on where to stay? Keep in mind I'm flying in from Canada and camping isn't really an option.

Also, thanks for all the responses. As I said, I've been attending Lolla for a decade, and been a member of the forums for over 5 years. Everyone here is much friendlier and willing to help.

You CAN pick up a cheap tent at Wal-mart if you don't mind the camping part. There are a couple Motel 6's closer to a venue too. I know there is one just off the I-10 in Indio (that could already be booked; I don't know). Don't book the travel packages; they are way over-priced. You can also go the route of renting a house on VRBO.com or other places if you have friends willing to chip in.

camp at Lake Cohuila, or onsite.

If you take the shuttle or camp onsite, you can party it up and not worry about driving, so there's that to think about.

Getting out of the lots was a lot better than I remember. 2014 was my first year since 2008, and getting out back then was painful.

This year, Friday and Sunday I was out in 10 minutes, from lot 14.

Saturday I was in lot 15, and it took about 45 minutes.

There are plenty of hotels in Palm Desert, which is a bit closer (but will probably cost more than the cheapest Palm Springs options).

We've stayed in hotels or rentals in Palm Desert the last few years, but since we typically arrive a few days early and end up driving back/forth to Palm Springs for parties, dinner, the airport, etc, we might try staying in Palm Springs next year.