Thread: All those GoPros

Default All those GoPros

With all those people with gopros on sticks, there heads, and a million other things, has anyone ever in the history of gopros at Coachella ever made an actual video that is worth watching? I just don't see the whole obsession with bringing them in if all they do is sit there and maybe capture a few good frames. Please if you have a good video, please prove me wrong

Default Re: All those GoPros

This isn't even substantive enough to be a first world problem.

I could ask the same thing about smartphone videos, and the answer to all of the above is no. And anything on a totem needs to be banned already.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...nto-this-video

Please, I don't want to reignite the conversation about Sahara tent / EDM bros or how there are many ways to experience Coachella. And I suppose this video is just capturing a few good times as you said but I think that's why people record things: to help them remember something as the years go on and our infamously unreliable human brains have more and more trouble recalling old memories. I'm also not suggesting everyone should love this video, I'm just very glad I have it as a tangible tribute to a great time had with friends, which is kind of a case for people recording events like Coachella.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abauti2004 View Post
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...nto-this-video

Please, I don't want to reignite the conversation about Sahara tent / EDM bros or how there are many ways to experience Coachella. And I suppose this video is just capturing a few good times as you said but I think that's why people record things: to help them remember something as the years go on and our infamously unreliable human brains have more and more trouble recalling old memories. I'm also not suggesting everyone should love this video, I'm just very glad I have it as a tangible tribute to a great time had with friends, which is kind of a case for people recording events like Coachella.
    You fucking worm
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

http://vimeo.com/beardofzeus/ndmf2013

This is not Coachella, its a festival in El Paso. A buddy wore a GoPro the whole day, he even got into some mosh pits and ended up with a cool recap reel. It's mixed with footage from other cameras and photography but still, came out nice.

I walked around the campgrounds thursday with a gopro and brought it in the first day but couldnt really enjoy myself so I left it behind the other 2 days. It's nice having thursday and friday to watch and remember how fun it was but I couldnt dance the whole time so I said fuck it. Going to upload a 15 second video to Instagram when im not lazy.
    Never Knows Best.

It was my first year to bring my gopro. I tried not to block others' views. I just held that thing toward the stage below my height thinking at least I could get a decent audio recording. But the sound recorded during live sets are terrible. iPhone5 records better sounds. Never again.

No video cameras allowed, but yet GoPros are cool....