Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reward Credit Card

Default Re: Reward Credit Card

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I'm looking to apply for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus credit card. If I get approved, I'm unsure on what to do with the cards I have. The Barclay would become my primary card. I currently have a Marriott Visa card that I don't use often (only a few hundred dollars a month) and my primary card, the Capital One Venture. My Marriott has about $4,500 more on the credit limit than my Capital One.

Do I close the Marriott because I don't use it as often and the rewards aren't as great?
    Do I close the Capital One because it has a lower CL than the Marriott?
    Do I just keep them all open?
    I'm surprised you're going with Barclaycard, I find their rates and terms are generally less favorable than other CC companies.

You need to look at your overall credit scenario. Are you carrying balances on your credit cards? If so you'll want to not go over 50% of your total credit line available under all cards, so it behooves you to have some credit headroom with the other cards. What about annual fees? I've gone to MyFico before to see how my FICO score will change based on my closing accounts, it may cost a couple of bucks but probably would be worth the investment.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    I'm surprised you're going with Barclaycard, I find their rates and terms are generally less favorable than other CC companies.

You need to look at your overall credit scenario. Are you carrying balances on your credit cards? If so you'll want to not go over 50% of your total credit line available under all cards, so it behooves you to have some credit headroom with the other cards. What about annual fees? I've gone to MyFico before to see how my FICO score will change based on my closing accounts, it may cost a couple of bucks but probably would be worth the investment.
    I'm mostly just worried about my credit score if I close an account. I pay off my card every month, so there's no carry-over balance. Hence why I was looking at Barclay. It has the highest rewards, and if I continue to pay it off every month, I won't have to pay any interest.

Annuals fees are:
    Barclay: $89 (first year waived)
    Capital One: $59
    Marriott: $85

I'm mostly just worried about my credit score if I close an account. I pay off my card every month, so there's no carry-over balance. Hence why I was looking at Barclay. It has the highest rewards, and if I continue to pay it off every month, I won't have to pay any interest.

Annuals fees are:
    Totally supportive of the Barclaycard. Burn the Marriott one.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Annuals fees are:
    Don't close them. When the annual fees hit for CO and Marriott, call Customer Service and ask to product change to a no annual fee card.

Are you applying for the:

Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard
    http://www.barclaycardarrival.com/ar...&cellNumber=45
    or the...

Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard?
    http://www.barclaycardarrival.com/ar...&cellNumber=24

Similar names, but different. I have the Elite. The latter one is comparable to the Venture (if not better). 2X points on EVERYTHING, and when you redeem your points for travel, they give you 10% of those miles back, which averages out to an effective 2.2% on ALL purchases. Which gives it a slight edge over the Venture. Venture still a great card though. Can't go wrong with either.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Amex fo Airline and/or Hotel points. Been using them up too quickly though. Ah well.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.