Thread: Does The Forum suck?

Default Does The Forum suck?

I've never been to shows at The Forum in Inglewood and but I was reading some of the Yelp reviews and it sounds awful. I was thinking about getting tickets for Arcade Fire there but now I'm a bit hesitant now.

Does it really suck?

I don't like 'arena concerts', I hate concerts in the Staple's Center but I do have to admit that the sound is usually good there. The Forum doens't look as big as Staple's in the pictures.

Any thoughts?
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Default Re: Does The Forum suck?

I saw Interpol at the Forum back in 2007 and it was ok. I imagine it might be a lot better since they renovated it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Supposedly, the revamped version has the best acoustics of any indoor venue anywhere according to some press release.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

The Forum is about half the size of Staples. The sound was great.

I saw Prince, AC/DC and Black Sabbath (w/Dio) there within the last 5 years or so. Also saw many shows there before Staples was built. It's an awful, shitty hole of a place. Only marginally better than the LA Sports Arena. It feels like a stone mausoleum and has acoustics like one- big, echoey, and poorly defined. The bathroom situation is one of the most catastrophic I've ever seen. Prince show was so bad, the only option they had for men's restrooms was a series of porta-potties set up outside the venue with a line from hell that is probably still going. The beer options are terrible. The sight-lines are not the worst but that won't make up for much. The parking is a usually a disaster and the area doesn't afford you too many options. From the moment you walk into the damn place, about all you'll do is look forward to the moment you leave. Honestly, I was hoping they'd just tear the place down so I wouldn't be subjected to anymore shows there. Oh, and it sucked for hockey and basketball too.

Now, that said, I have not been since the renovation. I'll be there later this year at least once, so I will reserve judgement for now. But I am thinking it had nowhere to go but up. I'm hoping the new venue is as good as some of you are saying.
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 04-25-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I've been going to shows there for years. Back when it was considered a big arena, having to sit the nose bleed seats would be a bummer. Now that Staples Center exists, the Forum seems quite intimate...you could fit the entire Forum inside of Staples. I was there for one of the Eagles shows that reopened the newly renovated Forum and I was really impressed with what's been done. The biggest improvement is the sound. They put in cloth theater style seats and eliminated the lower Loge floor risers that made the place a reverberating mess at times -The sight lines are great too.. Better concessions and
    Improved restrooms although there is still not enough women's stalls so they have restroom trailers on the outside concourse to help with that. The bad thing is that parking is $25.

Quote Originally Posted by birdiearch View Post
    The Forum is about half the size of Staples. The sound was great.
    Maybe a quarter smaller, not half.

Go to the damn show, get over Yelp reviews, those people know nothing.

The only concert I went to there a long time ago the sound was awful, but apparently they turned it into a concert specific venue with much better acoustics and seats that help absorb the sound instead of having it echo off them. However it is now owned by the MSG group which is lea by James Dolan so I take everything he does with a grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Wait. So, this isn't about Us?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Oh... it is. IT IS!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

The forum remodel is terrible. If you get cheap seats, you better be under 5' and a size 0. Seriously, start your diet now.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...