Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing Coachella? You can go back.

Default Re: Missing Coachella? You can go back.

I would rather just go to Stagecoach.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    Diggin this. I dont know what the capablities are, but it seems like the opportunities to create an interactive experience here are endless. One thing I wanted to do right away was go inside the Yuma.
    Yeah something weird happened with the collider on the Yuma, we're gonna fix that over the weekend. Obviously there's part of us that wants to rush and make all these changes right away, but honestly this project almost killed all of us. We need a couple days away from the computer. The Yuma IS in there though and looks decent, we do need to enhance the lighting effects though--no disco shark yet or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    So today we unleash something I've been working on with friends for a while now, I hope the board will enjoy it. The initial landing page isn't very pretty--that's because what we actually built for you to walk around in is gorgeous.

http://vration.com

This will work best in just about any browser but Chrome (it's a shame, I love Chrome myself, but it just doesn't play well with our system). The idea is to be able to stroll the fields once more and to be able to physically place photo albums throughout the world. You have to install a little plugin called the Unity Webplayer in order to make it work, I promise it's totally safe, used by millions worldwide. Full details of how you move around and do things are written out on the main page. You can switch between Daytime, Sunset, and Nighttime views (the Nighttime lighting is quite lush).

I hope you'll all enjoy it, feel free to reply with all commentary, positive or otherwise. A breakdown of the full control scheme is on the main page.

Please share it, please use it, etc. Took a lot of work to make this thing happen.

Here's a little instructional YouTube to help explain the control system:

This popped up on my newsfeed. CoS did a little story on it. Good job

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...aft-punk-play/
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

coool
    2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014

the Levels button
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    This popped up on my newsfeed. CoS did a little story on it. Good job

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...aft-punk-play/
    Re-share that! Pretty please?

I got it to work briefly on a mac using Chrome. I wasn't able to get out of the main entry way before it froze but the environment had a nice design to it.

So now that this is public can we start mocking it?

Wtf is the point of this? Am I just supposed to lose myself in a virtual Coachella? Can I create a character like WoW then run around tossing Devins?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Yeah, Macs + Chrome always equal trouble. Safari or Firefox SHOULD work, for the most part. We're gonna try and bust out some of the Mac performance issues over the weekend.

I realize most everybody is still at work and stuff, but if y'all could get some pictures up and into the world tonight I'd be thoroughly obliged. Once we start getting this place full of albums, it's really going to come alive. Just being able to walk around and see everybody else's pictures floating around will give a nice feeling of actually being at Coachella, or at least that's the theory. Also next week, campgrounds should be live so groups like DE and others can keep big group stores of all their camp fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    So now that this is public can we start mocking it?

Wtf is the point of this? Am I just supposed to lose myself in a virtual Coachella? Can I create a character like WoW then run around tossing Devins?
    Geographical photo sharing. There's also some filtering aspects we haven't quite had time to implement yet. But the premise is this--you create photo albums and physically place them where you were when you took the pictures (obviously a lot of this is particularly for people who are serious photo junkies and take pictures all over Coachella), and then you can assign which Artist the pictures were of. In the next update to be rolled out, you'll be able to filter out albums by the Artist or by each Art Installation. So if you really loved a particular set and want to be able to just see everyone's pictures of that one performance, you'll be able to use the filter (not yet in place) to filter out all other albums and browse through all the pictures everyone took of that set, or of a particular art piece you liked. Obviously there's some social applications to also be added--being able to easily search for specific friends photos, etc. It's coming.

I'll do my part in finding out if it's idiot friendly, deal?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Very, very cool stuff. Great work. Sharing as best I can.

Love seeing the new photo cubes popping up.

Thanks meyouseek, just saw your albums come through--great shots!

It is a legitimate question though and I'll open up the floor to frank discussion, Stinkbutt raises a point--so, we made this thing... do we give a shit? Or do you, more specifically? What's missing? We might be able to oblige you. This is an evolving thing, new features will be coming... but do we give a fuck?

It's working for me on a mac with firefox, my uploads don't seem to be showing up though. Still, this is really fucking cool and I had fun playing around with it. It would be cool to get some social functions, but I'm not sure what that would look like.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Oh yeah sorry--one other bug is it seems like after the upload is finished, some users have to hit Logout and then Login again for it to refresh. It was a rushed fix we had to put in place because of an issue with making that toolbar hideable. Sorry for not mentioning that earlier.

It is a legitimate question though and I'll open up the floor to frank discussion, Stinkbutt raises a point--so, we made this thing... do we give a shit? Or do you, more specifically? What's missing? We might be able to oblige you. This is an evolving thing, new features will be coming... but do we give a fuck?
    Maybe social interaction? A Sim like avatar meets Instagram or chat room. I dunno. Just throwing shit out. I'm serious about the Festival Tycoon thing. There should be some kind of game/interaction that keeps us returning.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

Hmm... let me ponder on that and think what maybe we could do with it.

Yeah we need some method of contacting/sharing more directly. Round 2.0

Perhaps we could visit other attendees albums at different locations when we arrive at an icon? Coachella Stage Pics, Gobi Pics, Heineken House pics and so on
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

Oh yeah sorry--one other bug is it seems like after the upload is finished, some users have to hit Logout and then Login again for it to refresh. It was a rushed fix we had to put in place because of an issue with making that toolbar hideable. Sorry for not mentioning that earlier.
    A lot of the time it won't even let me upload. I get this error "Error when initialize uploader : Ox19b.getComputedStyle(...) is null".

I also think some music would make it come alive even more.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Sorry. I didn't mean to poop on your party. This is really cool, and I hope it takes off for y'all
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

No, I'm legitimately asking the board at large. We have a platform here we can do a lot with, and I'm realizing more and more that while we can always keep acquiring new users... how many times will a given user come back once they've already had a look around, even if we had a BUNCH of pictures already in there?

I don't need any unneeded kind words, I'm looking for genuine reaction. Trying to build something here that can best recreate the experience of being at the festival in useful ways. So what else can we work in here? Would a system where you could link out albums to each other so that, say Stinkbutt, you, Salah, and like four other people all saw [some great act]. You all loved it. Suppose Salah sent you a link to the album that has all of his photos of that set in it, and hypothetically you took a bunch yourself. Would you give a shit about contributing to that album and inviting the other people at the set with you to do it as well, that way you could have this content system that isn't just YOUR photos of Coachella, but the photos of you and all the people you Coachella'd with? Does that make more sense?

I realize there's a slight functional lacking in the realm of "okay, but how do I make that connection? How do we find each others' albums, even if we do want to collaborate on them?" We're working on that. But suppose it WAS already working, you could send each other links to Albums and drop each of your photos in there and then the whole group has access to it.

Do you give a fuck about that premise? Asking sincerely.

Also, Stinky, you camp, right? Would that same principle using overhead photos of the campgrounds so that you could zoom in and create a group album directly over your cars/tents be something you would give a fuck about?

I'm interested in thoughts. This was something of a lark of passion for Coachella. But I mean, that doesn't mean my partners and I want to keep pumping money into an idea if it just fundamentally produces a "Meh" in 90 percent of even serious Coachella fans.

Nice work, Randy! I wish I had more time to play around with it, but it looks like you've put a lot of work into it since I last checked it out!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

I tried again and it worked. Firefox on PC. So far I've just run around an empty field. It's cool to see. I'll try more tomorrow.

Drugs.

This is really cool! The idea of having youtube streams on the jumbo-tron screens will be a nice touch, too.

Was this sort of built from the ground up, or was it made from software where anyone can design their own "world" ?

Everything had to be built custom. It's a lot of hours to model all those things and make them look real. It ain't easy. I'm trying to wrap my mind around something the other guy had mentioned about Festival Tycoon. Maybe we could make it so you could at least swap out different art pieces from various years of Coachella, but that's gonna be a lot of work, particularly to do the really cool pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by JelloPuddingChat View Post
    Maybe social interaction? A Sim like avatar meets Instagram or chat room. I dunno. Just throwing shit out. I'm serious about the Festival Tycoon thing. There should be some kind of game/interaction that keeps us returning.
    I agree that the having a chat window up to show who is on the grounds is a great idea, if we could somehow see each other or our avatars moving around that would be fun. Doesn't have to be a game per se, but just a means to see who is online.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Marcus Intalex @ Green Elephant 8/15 | DJ Red Eye's Birthday Bash with Kevin Saunderson @ It'll Do 8/16 | Hernan Cattaneo b2b Nick Warren and Guy J @ Kingdom Austin 8/31 | Lone. @ Empire Control Room Austin 9/11 | Tycho @ Granada Theatre 9/22 | Sam Smith @ House of Blues Dallas 10/9 | SBTRKT @ House of Blues Dallas 10/12 | Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.