Thread: Solange - can we please talk about her for a sec here??

Red face Solange - can we please talk about her for a sec here??

Shocked she doesn't have her own thread yet this year! She was absolutely AMAZING, possibly my favorite of 2014.

Such an incredible singer, dancer, performer/entertainer, and just completely winning, adorable and gorgeous too. Killer style and awesome hair! She was lighting that Gobi tent on fire! I'm very surprised too that she was in the smallest tent and it seemed far from crowded, we got there a few mins late and walked up pretty close. I also find it strange that Beyonce coming out to dance with her Wknd1 didn't make it more popular Wknd2? Maybe it's because her album hasn't come out yet or something, people just don't know who she is yet or how great she is?? Either way I feel so lucky to have gotten to witness this performance.

Her 2 covers in the set were ridiculously creative and fantastic - Dirty Projectors' "Stillness is the Move" was a chance for her talented backup singers to really shine, and Kate Bush's "Cloudbusting" was one of the most glorious vocal feats I've ever experienced. My jaw was just hanging open in awe at her vocal virtuosity and originality. I have never seen another artist even attempt to do something like what she did on this song.

She also mentioned she's been coming to the festival for the past 6 years, which I thought was cool, and on Friday night (wknd2) we saw her walking around the ground with some friends, dancing and goofing around having a blast.

In conclusion, SOLANGE IS THE BEST. Discuss
    Coachella 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2)...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Flowers are born to die, bro

Default Re: Solange - can we please talk about her for a sec here??

Definitely one of the best sets of the two weekends. Weekend 2 set was absolutely incredible. Her band/chops have gotten even better since FYF only a few months earlier. Really impressive set.

I absolutely love her! I was conflicted on the as I also wanted to see Foster the People that night but I'm so glad I made the walk over to Gobi and snuck on down the side fairly close to the front to finally see her live! Beyonce was just a little sprinkling of icing sugar on top of the already awesomely decorated cake of a show!
    2012(1), 2013(2), 2014(1)

When I saw her last year she wasn't that great. Her dancing and band interactions were forced, she was giving the soundguy shit, just generally seemed like she didn't want to be there. Glad to hear she put on a better show.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Definitely one of the best sets of the two weekends. Weekend 2 set was absolutely incredible. Her band/chops have gotten even better since FYF only a few months earlier. Really impressive set.
    This. I loved her at fyf but w2 was awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.