Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your top five acts of Coachella 2014 (Weekend Two Edition)

Default Re: Your top five acts of Coachella 2014 (Weekend Two Edition)

1. Arcade Fire: even though it will never beat 2011, it was still amazing. I enjoyed hearing the new songs live and made me really appreciate Reflector. I was right next to the B-stage and had some up close encounters with Win and the crew.

2. Beck: to go from Beck to Arcade Fire was amazing, would have loved for him to play a longer set though. I didn't look at all what happened w1 and was completely thrilled/over run with joy when he played "Debra". That was one of the best moments I have ever had in the 6 years attending.

3. Caravan Palace: only knew a little bit about these guys going in and boy was I blown away. We were dead front with only 1 person in front of us, plenty of space to dance, and the energy they brought was so French and cute. Had a great time dancing like it was the 20s and the great depression was in full swing.

4. Queens of the Stone Age: went in not expecting much, honestly was only there to get a good spot for Muse (who seemed unenergetic and not all there and a disappointment). That said, they took me to another level of rock that I hadn't experienced in a long time. The mosh pit looked insane and I am glad that I got to see them.

5. Jagwar Ma: these guys. This was my first solid dancathon I had this year and they really brought the energy to a great level during the day. Would love to see them again.

HM: Woodkid, Flume, Grouplove, and anyone in the Yuma that I randomly saw when I was there to cool down during the day

Arcade Fire
    Beck
    The Knife
    Courtney Barnett
    Rudimental
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (1&2), 13 (2), 14 (2)
    Lolla 03, 06, 07, 08
    Outside Lands 08, 10, 11, 12
    Nerd Project: www.coacheller.com

1 Q
    2 O
    3 T
    4 S
    5 A
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyblj View Post
    1. Arcade Fire: even though it will never beat 2011, it was still amazing. I enjoyed hearing the new songs live and made me really appreciate Reflector. I was right next to the B-stage and had some up close encounters with Win and the crew.

2. Beck: to go from Beck to Arcade Fire was amazing, would have loved for him to play a longer set though. I didn't look at all what happened w1 and was completely thrilled/over run with joy when he played "Debra". That was one of the best moments I have ever had in the 6 years attending.

3. Caravan Palace: only knew a little bit about these guys going in and boy was I blown away. We were dead front with only 1 person in front of us, plenty of space to dance, and the energy they brought was so French and cute. Had a great time dancing like it was the 20s and the great depression was in full swing.

4. Queens of the Stone Age: went in not expecting much, honestly was only there to get a good spot for Muse (who seemed unenergetic and not all there and a disappointment). That said, they took me to another level of rock that I hadn't experienced in a long time. The mosh pit looked insane and I am glad that I got to see them.

5. Jagwar Ma: these guys. This was my first solid dancathon I had this year and they really brought the energy to a great level during the day. Would love to see them again.

HM: Woodkid, Flume, Grouplove, and anyone in the Yuma that I randomly saw when I was there to cool down during the day

Thats a great list for me as well...all except no 5.... I was bang centre front for Caravan Palace, best show, great vibe, dancing was a great experience...

btw Am I the only person that thought Lorde was a little Girl lost on a big stage?.....?

Oh man...such a tough choice of groups to see but seeing I'd never seen a SINGLE group at this years Coachella I was able to experience tonnes of bands who people may have already seen several times over.

1 QOTSA - Unreal performance. Wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. Super tight live and they know how to put on a real rock show. Loved them giving big props to the guy doing the sign language to the crowd.

2 Future Islands - great atmosphere. Sounded amazing live and the vibe of everyone there was amazing. Of my whole 12 person crew at Coach, I was the only one who saw them and so I was by myself but had a great time.

3 Lorde - Great setlist. Cool stage persona and as I turned 29 that day, made me realise I am getting older in life. Her asking the crowd, "Are you scared of getting older?" kinda hit home. Last year of 20's so it was surreal.

4 City and Colour - Beautiful setting to a criminally underated band. Dallas and co did a great job singing about life and its hardships etc. Unreal band.

5 DJ Carnage - I know I'm going to catch major flack for this but with my friends there and the atmosphere he did exactly what I wanted him to do. Picked up the beat when it needed to be and played one of my favourite remixes ever - Bastille's Pompeii (Audien Remix) and Colors by Tritonal. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanTyler View Post
    3 Lorde - Great setlist. Cool stage persona and as I turned 29 that day, made me realise I am getting older in life. Her asking the crowd, "Are you scared of getting older?" kinda hit home. Last year of 20's so it was surreal.
    I'm glad that someone else mentioned this too - to me this was the most poignant moment of Coachella. Made everyone in the crowd think about what the future holds.
    Last edited by gopher37; 06-18-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    Coachella 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.2, 13.2, 14.2, 15.2
    Outside Lands 10, 11, 13, 14