Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

Craig, do you have a checklist of internet clichés you keep at the ready? you know, for times like these?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Wolfbeckett - do you like, have 2 screens or something? So you can corpse camp on one and make lame comments on the message board on the other?
    Multiboxing from my mom's basement all day erryday.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    Multiboxing from my mom's basement all day erryday.
    Get a job, nerd.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Get a job, nerd.
    Haha I was just kidding! ...It's my mom's garage, I live in San Diego, nobody here has a basement!

Tom, I'd say a good 80 percent of my material is rehash, about 20 percent is fresh.

I catalog them by type, length and delivery type. Pretty effective when you are pressed for time.

Quote Originally Posted by craigoneil View Post
    Tom, I'd say a good 80 percent of my material is rehash, about 20 percent is fresh.

I catalog them by type, length and delivery type. Pretty effective when you are pressed for time.

Do you have a drafted exit strategy by chance? If so, please use it. Watching you get board-raped got old a few pages back.
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

Quote Originally Posted by craigoneil View Post
    im not sure where this sexual attractiveness stuff comes from.

my favorite music are women, not all of them attractive.
    Nina Simone
    Kate Nash
    Beth Gibbons
    Ella
    I could really go on, so I am not sure why this white male, beauty focused agenda thing is being directed at me.
    Zooey Deschanel also can sing quite well, when she chooses to.

I have to admit, this thread got me curious. I have never heard Lana (or Llama) Del Rey (or Del Taco) before, and I had no interest in it...but I gave her a listen. I made it about 90 seconds into the "Video Games" video before I got bored. Yes, she has a pouty mouth that I want to fuck sideways, but she really doesn't have much vocal talent.

Compared to Austra who had an amazing voice and put on a great show, I think that Del Rey has far to go. Of course, if you can write songs that appeal to hormones, you most certainly will find an audience.
    They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.

She's toured Europe more extensively then the States so far so there is some kind of universal appeal here - none that I can really pinpoint.

This entire thread is about her rabid fan base. She doesn't have far to go. She is already at the top
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

She can always go higher. One day, with much vocal improvement, she'll have one more fan in dj12inches. And that fan will make the difference.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

She can always go higher. One day, with much vocal improvement, she'll have one more fan in dj12inches. And that fan will make the difference.
    I don't think that taking an average karaoke voice and transforming it into an awesome karaoke voice is ever going to make me a fan.

You become a fan when you want to be that person. I don't want to be pretty and sad with an average karaoke voice. I did become a fan of Davey Havok though.

Was dragged to this set by the girlfriend, like everyone else has said crowd sucked donkey dicks. I thought her performance was ok (never listened to her to begin with) but the crowd just killed it. I've never seen so many cell phones at one set before, even saw one chick slap some other chicks phone out of the way so she could get a better spot for her phone. Some of the comments I heard from her fans were just great too like "Can't believe Imagine Dragons isn't headlining this year." During NMH's set "OMG what is this Christian band doing at chella." Plus the amount of assholish behavior made it the low-point of the festival for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DBA13 View Post
    Was dragged to this set by the girlfriend, like everyone else has said crowd sucked donkey dicks. I thought her performance was ok (never listened to her to begin with) but the crowd just killed it. I've never seen so many cell phones at one set before, even saw one chick slap some other chicks phone out of the way so she could get a better spot for her phone. Some of the comments I heard from her fans were just great too like "Can't believe Imagine Dragons isn't headlining this year." During NMH's set "OMG what is this Christian band doing at chella." Plus the amount of assholish behavior made it the low-point of the festival for me.
    Chicks who instagram at concerts don't fuck around. Posting blurry pics from 200 feet away is a cutthroat business.

Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    I don't think that taking an average karaoke voice and transforming it into an awesome karaoke voice is ever going to make me a fan.

You become a fan when you want to be that person. I don't want to be pretty and sad with an average karaoke voice. I did become a fan of Davey Havok though.
    (1) You have absolutely no ability in judging vocal talent, obviously. (2) Being a fan of somebody does not mean you want to be them, it just means you appreciate their message or like what they are trying to do. For example, I am a fan of The Smiths, but never once wanted to be that miserable bastard known as Morrissey. Maybe you can post up something showing us your great singing ability, so we know that you actually know what you're talking about, instead of just being an unoriginal hater or talentless critic. Yeah, that world needs more of that shit...
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

I have to admit, this thread got me curious. I have never heard Lana (or Llama) Del Rey (or Del Taco) before, and I had no interest in it...but I gave her a listen. I made it about 90 seconds into the "Video Games" video before I got bored. Yes, she has a pouty mouth that I want to fuck sideways, but she really doesn't have much vocal talent.

Compared to Austra who had an amazing voice and put on a great show, I think that Del Rey has far to go. Of course, if you can write songs that appeal to hormones, you most certainly will find an audience.
    Austra sucked. She does have a nice voice and writes good songs but the W1 show sucked. Maybe they were better W2.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybuck99 View Post
    (1) You have absolutely no ability in judging vocal talent, obviously. (2) Being a fan of somebody does not mean you want to be them, it just means you appreciate their message or like what they are trying to do. For example, I am a fan of The Smiths, but never once wanted to be that miserable bastard known as Morrissey. Maybe you can post up something showing us your great singing ability, so we know that you actually know what you're talking about, instead of just being an unoriginal hater or talentless critic. Yeah, that world needs more of that shit...
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice - so YEAH, I know how to judge vocal talent. Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir. What makes you think that YOU know what you are talking about? Obviously, you were at the show holding up your phone to get a blurry Instagram pic. Did you slap another girls phone out of the way for that shot?

And whether you like it or not, you do want to be Morrissey - but you can't be, so you tell yourself that your life is better than his. Your pathetic little life is boring and filled with days of intolerable repetition. But, compare yourself with that "miserable bastard" so that you feel better. Yes, his melancholy lyrics contrasting with ironically happy melodies is exactly what your life is like. Hey, you don't want to be that guy that travels the world performing, advocating for animal rights, and being politically active. You just be you.

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    Austra sucked. She does have a nice voice and writes good songs but the W1 show sucked. Maybe they were better W2.
    Judging solely on the quality of her singing. Weekend 1 they had some equipment problems....remember them fixing her keyboard mid-set? I wonder what WK2 was like.

Judging solely on the quality of her singing. Weekend 1 they had some equipment problems....remember them fixing her keyboard mid-set? I wonder what WK2 was like.
    Austra was really fucking good on W2- I was super impressed with the entire performance actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Listen to Ron if you don't want to listen to me. Or will you call his experience into question as well? He's probably one of the most (if not THE most) respected members of this board.

I've seen every episode of Pokemon, and like three of the movies, so nobody better fucking dare challange my opinion on how to be a Pokemon Master.

What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice - so YEAH, I know how to judge vocal talent. Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir. What makes you think that YOU know what you are talking about? Obviously, you were at the show holding up your phone to get a blurry Instagram pic. Did you slap another girls phone out of the way for that shot?

And whether you like it or not, you do want to be Morrissey - but you can't be, so you tell yourself that your life is better than his. Your pathetic little life is boring and filled with days of intolerable repetition. But, compare yourself with that "miserable bastard" so that you feel better. Yes, his melancholy lyrics contrasting with ironically happy melodies is exactly what your life is like. Hey, you don't want to be that guy that travels the world performing, advocating for animal rights, and being politically active. You just be you.

Confirmed----you're a hater.
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    I've seen every episode of Pokemon, and like three of the movies, so nobody better fucking dare challange my opinion on how to be a Pokemon Master.

COuldn't save the "X Factor", could you? Hell, couldn't save "Community" either". I hate a world where "Community" gets cancelled but Yoshinoya is still in business. America is so lame sometimes.

What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice - so YEAH, I know how to judge vocal talent..
    You are indeed qualified, to be a complete dumb shit on the Coachella message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by dillycup View Post
    You are indeed qualified, to be a complete dumb shit on the Coachella message boards.

Too easy to bait people here. Everybody is trying to be so clever.

ohhhh i get it, cause a standard vinyl is 12 inches......wow, ur good

Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

Quote Originally Posted by dillycup View Post
    ohhhh i get it, cause a standard vinyl is 12 inches......wow, ur good
    Way before your time, son.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Honestly, my sister and I watched her the 1st weekend and I expected a much worse crowd. It wasn't as bad as I expected or as bad as I've read here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Way before your time, son.
    And somehow, you were the one at Lana del Rey.

How do you explain that, pops?