Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 256

Thread: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

  1. #211
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,861

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Craig, do you have a checklist of internet clichés you keep at the ready? you know, for times like these?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  2. #212

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Wolfbeckett - do you like, have 2 screens or something? So you can corpse camp on one and make lame comments on the message board on the other?
    Multiboxing from my mom's basement all day erryday.

  3. #213
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,203

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    Multiboxing from my mom's basement all day erryday.
    Get a job, nerd.

    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  4. #214

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Get a job, nerd.
    Haha I was just kidding! ...It's my mom's garage, I live in San Diego, nobody here has a basement!

  5. #215
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Tom, I'd say a good 80 percent of my material is rehash, about 20 percent is fresh.

    I catalog them by type, length and delivery type. Pretty effective when you are pressed for time.

  6. #216

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by craigoneil View Post
    Tom, I'd say a good 80 percent of my material is rehash, about 20 percent is fresh.

    I catalog them by type, length and delivery type. Pretty effective when you are pressed for time.

    Do you have a drafted exit strategy by chance? If so, please use it. Watching you get board-raped got old a few pages back.
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

  7. #217
    old school kroqken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, California.
    Posts
    5,768

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by craigoneil View Post
    im not sure where this sexual attractiveness stuff comes from.

    my favorite music are women, not all of them attractive.
    Nina Simone
    Kate Nash
    Beth Gibbons
    Ella
    I could really go on, so I am not sure why this white male, beauty focused agenda thing is being directed at me.
    Zooey Deschanel also can sing quite well, when she chooses to.

  8. #218

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    I have to admit, this thread got me curious. I have never heard Lana (or Llama) Del Rey (or Del Taco) before, and I had no interest in it...but I gave her a listen. I made it about 90 seconds into the "Video Games" video before I got bored. Yes, she has a pouty mouth that I want to fuck sideways, but she really doesn't have much vocal talent.

    Compared to Austra who had an amazing voice and put on a great show, I think that Del Rey has far to go. Of course, if you can write songs that appeal to hormones, you most certainly will find an audience.
    They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.

  9. #219

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    She's toured Europe more extensively then the States so far so there is some kind of universal appeal here - none that I can really pinpoint.

  10. #220
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,537

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    This entire thread is about her rabid fan base. She doesn't have far to go. She is already at the top
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

  11. #221
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,203

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    She can always go higher. One day, with much vocal improvement, she'll have one more fan in dj12inches. And that fan will make the difference.

    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  12. #222

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    She can always go higher. One day, with much vocal improvement, she'll have one more fan in dj12inches. And that fan will make the difference.
    I don't think that taking an average karaoke voice and transforming it into an awesome karaoke voice is ever going to make me a fan.

    You become a fan when you want to be that person. I don't want to be pretty and sad with an average karaoke voice. I did become a fan of Davey Havok though.
    They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.

  13. #223

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Was dragged to this set by the girlfriend, like everyone else has said crowd sucked donkey dicks. I thought her performance was ok (never listened to her to begin with) but the crowd just killed it. I've never seen so many cell phones at one set before, even saw one chick slap some other chicks phone out of the way so she could get a better spot for her phone. Some of the comments I heard from her fans were just great too like "Can't believe Imagine Dragons isn't headlining this year." During NMH's set "OMG what is this Christian band doing at chella." Plus the amount of assholish behavior made it the low-point of the festival for me.

  14. #224
    Member zachattacks11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by DBA13 View Post
    Was dragged to this set by the girlfriend, like everyone else has said crowd sucked donkey dicks. I thought her performance was ok (never listened to her to begin with) but the crowd just killed it. I've never seen so many cell phones at one set before, even saw one chick slap some other chicks phone out of the way so she could get a better spot for her phone. Some of the comments I heard from her fans were just great too like "Can't believe Imagine Dragons isn't headlining this year." During NMH's set "OMG what is this Christian band doing at chella." Plus the amount of assholish behavior made it the low-point of the festival for me.
    Chicks who instagram at concerts don't fuck around. Posting blurry pics from 200 feet away is a cutthroat business.

  15. #225

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    I don't think that taking an average karaoke voice and transforming it into an awesome karaoke voice is ever going to make me a fan.

    You become a fan when you want to be that person. I don't want to be pretty and sad with an average karaoke voice. I did become a fan of Davey Havok though.
    (1) You have absolutely no ability in judging vocal talent, obviously. (2) Being a fan of somebody does not mean you want to be them, it just means you appreciate their message or like what they are trying to do. For example, I am a fan of The Smiths, but never once wanted to be that miserable bastard known as Morrissey. Maybe you can post up something showing us your great singing ability, so we know that you actually know what you're talking about, instead of just being an unoriginal hater or talentless critic. Yeah, that world needs more of that shit...
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

  16. #226

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    I have to admit, this thread got me curious. I have never heard Lana (or Llama) Del Rey (or Del Taco) before, and I had no interest in it...but I gave her a listen. I made it about 90 seconds into the "Video Games" video before I got bored. Yes, she has a pouty mouth that I want to fuck sideways, but she really doesn't have much vocal talent.

    Compared to Austra who had an amazing voice and put on a great show, I think that Del Rey has far to go. Of course, if you can write songs that appeal to hormones, you most certainly will find an audience.
    Austra sucked. She does have a nice voice and writes good songs but the W1 show sucked. Maybe they were better W2.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

  17. #227

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by kellybuck99 View Post
    (1) You have absolutely no ability in judging vocal talent, obviously. (2) Being a fan of somebody does not mean you want to be them, it just means you appreciate their message or like what they are trying to do. For example, I am a fan of The Smiths, but never once wanted to be that miserable bastard known as Morrissey. Maybe you can post up something showing us your great singing ability, so we know that you actually know what you're talking about, instead of just being an unoriginal hater or talentless critic. Yeah, that world needs more of that shit...
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice - so YEAH, I know how to judge vocal talent. Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir. What makes you think that YOU know what you are talking about? Obviously, you were at the show holding up your phone to get a blurry Instagram pic. Did you slap another girls phone out of the way for that shot?

    And whether you like it or not, you do want to be Morrissey - but you can't be, so you tell yourself that your life is better than his. Your pathetic little life is boring and filled with days of intolerable repetition. But, compare yourself with that "miserable bastard" so that you feel better. Yes, his melancholy lyrics contrasting with ironically happy melodies is exactly what your life is like. Hey, you don't want to be that guy that travels the world performing, advocating for animal rights, and being politically active. You just be you.
    They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.

  18. #228

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    Austra sucked. She does have a nice voice and writes good songs but the W1 show sucked. Maybe they were better W2.
    Judging solely on the quality of her singing. Weekend 1 they had some equipment problems....remember them fixing her keyboard mid-set? I wonder what WK2 was like.
    They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.

  19. #229
    Member swiftmaggot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    slut
    Posts
    202

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    Judging solely on the quality of her singing. Weekend 1 they had some equipment problems....remember them fixing her keyboard mid-set? I wonder what WK2 was like.
    Austra was really fucking good on W2- I was super impressed with the entire performance actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Listen to Ron if you don't want to listen to me. Or will you call his experience into question as well? He's probably one of the most (if not THE most) respected members of this board.

  20. #230
    Member Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Park
    Posts
    1,868

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    I've seen every episode of Pokemon, and like three of the movies, so nobody better fucking dare challange my opinion on how to be a Pokemon Master.

  21. #231

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice - so YEAH, I know how to judge vocal talent. Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir. What makes you think that YOU know what you are talking about? Obviously, you were at the show holding up your phone to get a blurry Instagram pic. Did you slap another girls phone out of the way for that shot?

    And whether you like it or not, you do want to be Morrissey - but you can't be, so you tell yourself that your life is better than his. Your pathetic little life is boring and filled with days of intolerable repetition. But, compare yourself with that "miserable bastard" so that you feel better. Yes, his melancholy lyrics contrasting with ironically happy melodies is exactly what your life is like. Hey, you don't want to be that guy that travels the world performing, advocating for animal rights, and being politically active. You just be you.

    Confirmed----you're a hater.
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

  22. #232
    Member geo-god's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    I've seen every episode of Pokemon, and like three of the movies, so nobody better fucking dare challange my opinion on how to be a Pokemon Master.

  23. #233
    old school kroqken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, California.
    Posts
    5,768

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice - so YEAH, I know how to judge vocal talent. Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir. What makes you think that YOU know what you are talking about? Obviously, you were at the show holding up your phone to get a blurry Instagram pic. Did you slap another girls phone out of the way for that shot?

    And whether you like it or not, you do want to be Morrissey - but you can't be, so you tell yourself that your life is better than his. Your pathetic little life is boring and filled with days of intolerable repetition. But, compare yourself with that "miserable bastard" so that you feel better. Yes, his melancholy lyrics contrasting with ironically happy melodies is exactly what your life is like. Hey, you don't want to be that guy that travels the world performing, advocating for animal rights, and being politically active. You just be you.
    COuldn't save the "X Factor", could you? Hell, couldn't save "Community" either". I hate a world where "Community" gets cancelled but Yoshinoya is still in business. America is so lame sometimes.

  24. #234
    Member dillycup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice - so YEAH, I know how to judge vocal talent..
    You are indeed qualified, to be a complete dumb shit on the Coachella message boards.

  25. #235

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by dillycup View Post
    You are indeed qualified, to be a complete dumb shit on the Coachella message boards.

    Too easy to bait people here. Everybody is trying to be so clever.
    They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.

  26. #236
    Member dillycup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    ohhhh i get it, cause a standard vinyl is 12 inches......wow, ur good

  27. #237

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

  28. #238

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by dillycup View Post
    ohhhh i get it, cause a standard vinyl is 12 inches......wow, ur good
    Way before your time, son.
    They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.

  29. #239
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,306

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Honestly, my sister and I watched her the 1st weekend and I expected a much worse crowd. It wasn't as bad as I expected or as bad as I've read here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  30. #240
    Member dillycup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    Way before your time, son.
    And somehow, you were the one at Lana del Rey.

    How do you explain that, pops?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 01:40 PM
  2. Lana Del Rey
    By SlowMotionApocalypse in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 04:44 PM
  3. Lana Del Rey
    By mistakenstrangers in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 06:44 PM
  4. For just $0.02, you can teach this poor South Asian boy about Art
    By RageAgainstTheAoki in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 08:46 PM
  5. i'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance mofo
    By liddyloo19 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 07:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •