Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

Default Re: Lana Del Rey fans teach a course in being a terrible crowd

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Lana Del Rey teaches a course in being a terrible performer.

this may be the best goddamn thing i have seen on the internet today.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

can we get back to trashing lana's fans?
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Quote Originally Posted by craigoneil View Post
    1. Singers who cant sing without significant assitance
    Doesn't apply to Lorde

...she doesnt have the pipes to recreate the studio tracks live and should instead do a live set that shows off her actual abilities vs trying to recreate a studio sound live, when she clearly doesnt have the chops.
    Yes, clearly. Except that pretty much everyone that saw her live has the opposite opinion. You can have this opinion, yes, but I can also have the opinion that Steve Aoki is the best DJ on the planet, but that simply means that have an incorrect and quite idiotic opinion.

I can dislike her for my own and we can both be right.
    You can dislike her for your own reasons, yes, but that doesn't mean you are right. It just means your view of her actual talent is likely skewed by your awkward perception of her performance.
    fuck.

This craig guy sounds like a total asshole.
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

OK Tuscon, care to supply any evidence? My argument at least comes with supporting information not solely opinion or conjecture.
    Telling me "everyone disagrees with you" is pointless, lots of people agreed with Hitler, doesn't make them right.

The fact that you have to hold on to your position as the only possible proper evaluation of a situation is obtuse, small minded and arrogant. People have critiqued art throughout history with credible critics having wildly different views on a artists.
    Living in a world of single right and wrong is rather boring and frankly makes arguing with you a pointless effort.

You have a bias based on your opinion. I only formed my opinion after viewing the performance live and judging it based solely on its merit. If your argument is that Lorde has the pipes to sing on her own without the production tricks, than provide evidence supporting that.

And, I appreciate the compliment Drewski

As a general rule I don't tend to enjoy
    who gives a shit?

Telling me "everyone disagrees with you" is pointless, lots of people agreed with Hitler, doesn't make them right.
    No, no. What is trying to be relayed is that everyone here hates you. You're missing the point.

The fact that you have to hold on to your position as the only possible proper evaluation of a situation is obtuse, small minded and arrogant.
    How are you any different? Other than being dumb as all fuck. I mean, jesus, really? There is such a thing as bad taste and you're proof.

I mean you post a list of rules that every artist must follow or you don't like them, and then you call someone else small-minded? How fucking stupid is that? Real fucking stupid. Go fuck yourself.

Pile on. The scotch smells wonderful and I'm ready.

If I gave a shit what people on forums thought of me I'd have killed myself long ago. If you micro penis really bothers you that much why dont you go to the doctor and have it looked at.

The fact is that we are all a bunch of keyboard cowboys taking out our sexual frustrations by pounding our chests.

You don't know me. Now you're just projecting. You're pathetic.

how do you know tom has a micro penis unless you've been sucking on it?

OK Tuscon, care to supply any evidence? My argument at least comes with supporting information not solely opinion or conjecture.

The fact that you have to hold on to your position as the only possible proper evaluation of a situation is obtuse, small minded and arrogant. People have critiqued art throughout history with credible critics having wildly different views on a artists.
    Living in a world of single right and wrong is rather boring and frankly makes arguing with you a pointless effort.

You have a bias based on your opinion. I only formed my opinion after viewing the performance live and judging it based solely on its merit. If your argument is that Lorde has the pipes to sing on her own without the production tricks, than provide evidence supporting that.
    1) *Tucson

2) Lorde's voice was only helped by the backing tracks in choruses. It was only "assisted" during parts of the song where more than one voice is utlized. Throughout the entirety of her set, when she sang the individual verses, it was pretty close to spectacular. She sang most of her set without any sort of assistance whatsoever and was on key with a powerful voice and delivery that allowed her voice to project well. I don't get why the focus of your criticism is regarding the "assistance" she received in sparse portions of her set when she was able to perform with nothing more than her voice, a backing band and her ridiculous seizure-like dance moves.

Saying "Lots of people agreed with Hitler" is quite possibly the dumbest reference you could make in this situation. Comparing a festival performance with one of the most vile men in the history of the world is not only a stretch, but completely off base. You are literally the first person I have spoken with who has the opinion you have about Lorde's performance. You continue say "Lorde doesn't have the pipes" and say that's your "evidence" to your claim.

You stated, "My argument at least comes with supporting information not solely opinion or conjecture," but saying a vocalist -- who clearly has a strong voice -- doesn't have the pipes to put forth a strong performance is clearly both opinion and conjecture.
    fuck.

Has Lorde ever used a group of backup singers?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    How are you any different? Other than being dumb as all fuck. I mean, jesus, really? There is such a thing as bad taste and you're proof.

I mean you post a list of rules that every artist must follow or you don't like them, and then you call someone else small-minded? How fucking stupid is that? Real fucking stupid. Go fuck yourself.
    Well now that I have been told off by Tom do I get a badge or something? Shouldnt there be some sort of merit system.

Yes Tom, I am dumb as fuck, thank you for pointing that out. I should have known by all the mouth breathing but sometimes I'm slow, as you can probably understsand.

I have bad taste because I think Lorde cant produce a live performance in line with her studio material and should focus on producing a live performance of equal merit vs trying to replicate something that clearly has some studio / engineer effort to produce?
    OK, sounds reasonable...

My PREFERENCES are my PREFERENCES. They have to do with me personally and what I believe denotes quality music. The same is the case in visual art, etc. I have a feel that is based off of certain criteria. They dont have to be your criteria or the only criteria, they are mine. If they dont work for you, then so be it, I'm not trying to convert you. You can believe that an artist can be evaluated under different guidelines and I'm ok with that. You and others however seem to love the idea of calling people dipshits if they have their own criteria and that someone disagrees with yours. Jesus, do you even lift?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Has Lorde ever used a group of backup singers?
    Not sure, but considering she has only been performing live for a year (give or take a few months), I expected much much less from her performance.
    fuck.

My PREFERENCES are my PREFERENCES. They have to do with me personally and what I believe denotes quality music. The same is the case in visual art, etc. I have a feel that is based off of certain criteria. They dont have to be your criteria or the only criteria, they are mine.
    If the criteria you use produces false assumptions or completely dillutes your view of what actually happened, then you are basing everything you believe on something false. You must be Catholic.
    fuck.

He seems to fall more in line with Hitlers youth than he does being Catholic.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    1) *Tucson

2) Lorde's voice was only helped by the backing tracks in choruses. It was only "assisted" during parts of the song where more than one voice is utlized. Throughout the entirety of her set, when she sang the individual verses, it was pretty close to spectacular. She sang most of her set without any sort of assistance whatsoever and was on key with a powerful voice and delivery that allowed her voice to project well. I don't get why the focus of your criticism is regarding the "assistance" she received in sparse portions of her set when she was able to perform with nothing more than her voice, a backing band and her ridiculous seizure-like dance moves.

Saying "Lots of people agreed with Hitler" is quite possibly the dumbest reference you could make in this situation. Comparing a festival performance with one of the most vile men in the history of the world is not only a stretch, but completely off base. You are literally the first person I have spoken with who has the opinion you have about Lorde's performance. You continue say "Lorde doesn't have the pipes" and say that's your "evidence" to your claim.

You stated, "My argument at least comes with supporting information not solely opinion or conjecture," but saying a vocalist -- who clearly has a strong voice -- doesn't have the pipes to put forth a strong performance is clearly both opinion and conjecture.
    There are plenty of vile people in history. What about all the good things Hitler did? (kidding)
    The point is that complete agreement doesn't constitute fact or truth. There is plenty of of situational bias here, likely on both sides.
    I came in unclear if Lorde could reproduce the same strong sound from the album in a live environment. I walked it looking to critique the set and answer my own questions.
    Using Tennis Court as a point of evaluation I thought it was weak. I thought she really started to let the track take over, even in the verses, later in the song and the chorus' were all weak in my opinion. There is something to be said for using it as a back up and something entirely different to be said for acting as a backup to the track. Around the 11:00 mark in the above referenced video she clearly let the recording come first and dropped in some vocals with it. People attacked Andre 3000 for the same sort of half ass bullshit on WK1 and its no different here. No matter how much you want to like the girl and have situation bias because of it, that doesnt remove the fact when you review the track.

In your support, nearly every video I cant find anywhere of Royals is strong. She clearly is comfortable with that track. However, if you view the Letterman performance of Tennis Court she has the same issues (IMHO) and the fact may be that that particular song isnt easy to reproduce live because of the studio work done on the track.

Would you guys like to start taking cracks at my SAT scores, pigeon toedness, white trash upbringing or the fact that I was a complete dork in 2nd - 5th grade, come on, bring the insults.

Debating with you Is like arguing with a deaf, drunk retard.

While I hate to contribute to the thread getting off topic (Lana fans ARE terrible), I do have some Lorde opinions.

I watched Lorde's performance via feed weekend 1 and really enjoyed it (not really a fan of her recorded music), and I am very impressed by her stage presence and ambition. I think she still has a long way to go in terms of developing her delivery and performance, but SHE'S 17! What she's accomplished thus far is incredible for a teenager and I think she is really going to blossom artistically as she grows up and gains experience. She displays an incredible emotional and intellectual maturity that is at this time far more impressive than the actual music, so I look forward to seeing where she goes next.

Watching the feed, I did find myself wanting there to be real backup singers there with her, as this would go a long way to fleshing out her studio creations. More of a band would also be great, but I don't fault them for this right now because they really are just getting off the ground and I'm sure they will add a lot more to their live show in the coming years. You have to keep in mind that a year ago, people really didn't know who she was at all. Things have blown up for her in a massive way and that takes some getting used to. Regardless, I am proud of her for what she is doing. She is a very talented, driven young woman with a unique voice (both in terms of singing and what she wants to express) and I for one really want to see her succeed in the long-term.
    Coachella 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2)...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Flowers are born to die, bro

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Debating with you Is like arguing with a deaf, drunk retard.
    I must insist that you not use such vile language, its not fair to people to misuse a word that has forever been used as a badge to express their lack of intellect and awkwardness.
    Deaf and Retard are fine though. Just not Drunk. The D word is off limits man.

I used to like this thread.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by ELECtROjan View Post
    can we get back to trashing lana's fans?
    Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    I used to like this thread.
    The fact that I have turned a Lana Del Rey thread into a debate about Lorde is a shot at both Lana Del Rey and her fans in itself.
    fuck.

You camped out in the LDR thread in order to have a debate about a different artists. Kudos on the performance art.
    Well played.

The point is that there is no point about debating LDR's lack of talent because its not debatable, its entirely factual.

Craig, you might just be the dumbest piece of shit to date.

Drew, thank you so much for the award.

Craig ONeil - Dumbest Piece of Shit to Date.

My mom said I would never amount to anything, so I cant wait to call her and rub her nose in this one.

This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015