Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

I thought that Martin Garrix was Packed weekend 1.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher37 View Post
    I'm assuming that you also didn't enjoy the 30 for 30 Ole Miss football doc "Ghosts of Ole Miss"? That was another great one I thought, that was about a very serious topic.
    I've enjoyed all of them except for these Soccer Stories. All 3 thus far have been boring as fuck to me.

Quote Originally Posted by slickfootanna View Post
    Not going to lie, I am kind of disappointed in the large amounts of people at Coachella. Sure it's a music festival and it's expected but everywhere I went, the crowds were just ridiculous. I had to leave several sets because it was just dangerous to stay and the fear of getting crushed was serious, granted I am only 5' tall but still. Empire of the Sun at the Sahara being one of those instances where I booked it. I went to the tent 30-40 mins before it started with the hopes of finding a good safe place to stand where I wouldn't get crushed so I stood at the back left corner by the railing... within mins the tent got so packed that I left even before it started. People were packed like sardines. Not even shoulder to shoulder but just squished. Had there been a fire or emergency, there was no effing way paramedics would have been able to get to anyone in there without getting trampled on.

Flume was another one. I was in the middle and as soon as the music stared everyone in the middle went batshit crazy and started pushing and shoving everyone. I immediately left because the guy next to me took no consideration of the people surrounding him and just was going crazy and he was elbowing people in the face because we were so close. I was literally in the guy standing in front of me pits from how closely packed those tents are. Seriously, those tents are not big enough to house the amount of people that go. I ended up just saying "fuck this" and heading to the Yuma tent to dance.

Granted I've been to big festivals like Bonnaroo and I've never felt like my life was in danger. Example last year for Paul McCartney at the main stage there was a good 100,000 people for that set and I never felt scared of getting crushed.

There were not 100k at Roo for Macca. Cause their cap is 80 and change. Also, be glad you didnt attend in 2010. You probably would have left early when there were another 10 - 15,000 people in a smaller space than it is even now.

Yeah thank god suprefan is around to warn everyone of life . If you want a condescending teen who's never grown out of that stage please adopt suprefan . He had sex once in 2003 ( sex was at its prime then ) since then it's been a world of terribleness . Someone please save this poor soul.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    There were not 100k at Roo for Macca. Cause their cap is 80 and change. Also, be glad you didnt attend in 2010. You probably would have left early when there were another 10 - 15,000 people in a smaller space than it is even now.
    http://np.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments...ofr5?context=3

No 100k, but it must have got VERY close. Should be the biggest crowd Macca has ever played to in the US.