Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 125

Thread: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

  1. #61
    Member Buddha99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere but not here
    Posts
    283

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    If they say 2014 was worse than 2010, they weren't there in 2010.
    This needs to be noted...

  2. #62
    Member santasutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    2,210

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    Paul Tollett has admitted he could fit many poor people at the polo grounds, but he cuts the attendance in order to make it a more comfortable experience, even if it makes him less money.
    This is a line of bullshit.
    Last edited by santasutt; 04-23-2014 at 07:23 PM.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    You're aware that the grounds have been expanded, yes? Oh, and isn't Grace that person who was trying to humblebrag about scalping but not scalping at as high a price as other scalpers? Fuck her.

    I'll help you out Guedita, since all that bitterness you are constantly spewing seems to affect your reading comprehension. Yes, I'm aware that the grounds are expanded. I even said it in my first post, which also has my name on it. And you are still free to do the same thing to yourself that you keep telling me to do to myself.

    Somewhere on this board do you actually say anything about having had a good time? Because the only posts I see from you are all really obnoxious and it seems like that may be the main reason Coachella is feeling so much more crowded - maybe it's got a lot more people like you who do nothing but be mean all day?
    Last edited by Grace44; 04-23-2014 at 07:17 PM.

  4. #64

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    If you talked to any "staff" they should know that there is a maximum capacity for the festival and it was only raised by about 5,000 people this year and with the expanded terrace, craft beer gardens, larger Yuma Tent and relocated Do Lab, this year was absolutely nowhere near close to 2010 and I am someone who watched EOTS, Fatboy Slim, Lorde, Capital Cities and various other popular acts throughout the weekend and I only felt like a packed sardine near the Sahara.

    Also, the festival promoter himself said there were approximately 30,000 people who snuck in back in 2010, which was on top of the 75,000 passes they sold that year. Back when there was no terrace, no yuma, no craft beer gardens and the Do Lab planted right in the middle of it all. You are absolutely insane if you think this was anywhere nearly as bad as 2010. It took people over four hours to get inside on that Friday because of how crowded it was.



    Most of us here are, as you put it, "Coachella Vets". This was my 8th time and many other people responding to you in here have been to more than that. I can tell you that you and all of your friends are certifiably retarded.
    I was comparing 2010 to this year, so the 25,000+ was noting the rise from the 75,000 you quoted in 2010 to the 99,000 this year (which includes the guest passes, because guess what, those bodies take up space too, even if they're all crowded into the VIP section when they can). So actually, your own post confirms what I said.

    Now I've never asked or spoken to GV staff about how many they estimate crashed in in 2010, so I'll ask about the 30,000 figure next time I see them. But just going on all our (house of about 8 vets this year who were all there in 2010) experiences, this year was far far worse.

    I'll definitely say that maybe the point about it all depending on which sets you went to has a lot to do with it. This year aside from the sets already mentioned in this thread as insane, Pharrell and Outkast were also insane. Nothing we experienced in 2010 even came close to comparing, but I also stayed on the very outer edges for Thom Yorke that year so I didn't experience what you guys are talking about.

    At the end of the day, just like you, I'm going to trust my own experiences and what the GV staff I talked to said, just as you'll trust your own experiences and what staff tell you more than my anonymous post here. But I'd be really interested to know if the staff you talk to are really, seriously, saying that the expansion of the grounds they've done (including moving the Do Lab, which definitely did help some) has really meant that things are manageable for the average attendee at the most popular stages/tents. I don't know anyone who worked there and was actually in the tents/circulating on the fields who thought it wasn't way way way too crowded.

  5. #65
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,109

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    My friend runs the festival Grace. 2010 was a horrendous year for them, the shit they had to handle was out of control. When I asked him about this year he stated it was the best one yet. There were a few issues due to the wind, but overall a perfect weekend. If it was as crazy as you said it was he would have not had the weekend he did. So stop.

    There is a huge difference between 100,000 in 2010 and 100,000 in 2014. There are dozens and dozens of more acres available now than there was then. It is simple math that would dictate 2010 was far more packed in than this year.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-23-2014 at 07:43 PM.

  6. #66
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,076

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace44 View Post
    I was comparing 2010 to this year, so the 25,000+ was noting the rise from the 75,000 you quoted in 2010 to the 99,000 this year (which includes the guest passes, because guess what, those bodies take up space too, even if they're all crowded into the VIP section when they can). So actually, your own post confirms what I said.

    Now I've never asked or spoken to GV staff about how many they estimate crashed in in 2010, so I'll ask about the 30,000 figure next time I see them. But just going on all our (house of about 8 vets this year who were all there in 2010) experiences, this year was far far worse.

    I'll definitely say that maybe the point about it all depending on which sets you went to has a lot to do with it. This year aside from the sets already mentioned in this thread as insane, Pharrell and Outkast were also insane. Nothing we experienced in 2010 even came close to comparing, but I also stayed on the very outer edges for Thom Yorke that year so I didn't experience what you guys are talking about.

    At the end of the day, just like you, I'm going to trust my own experiences and what the GV staff I talked to said, just as you'll trust your own experiences and what staff tell you more than my anonymous post here. But I'd be really interested to know if the staff you talk to are really, seriously, saying that the expansion of the grounds they've done (including moving the Do Lab, which definitely did help some) has really meant that things are manageable for the average attendee at the most popular stages/tents. I don't know anyone who worked there and was actually in the tents/circulating on the fields who thought it wasn't way way way too crowded.
    The 99,000 figure is full capacity. Which includes staff, guests, artists, etc. The 75,000 figure is tickets sales alone.

    This isn't hearsay. These are figures in the proposal that was presented to the City of Indio by Goldenvoice and agreed to. That agreement is available for view somewhere on these boards.

    Also, the person that actually throws the festival is the one who publicly stated that approximately 30,000 people snuck in back in 2010. That's one of the biggest reasons for all of the improved security measures surrounding the festival. The 30,000 figure wasn't told to me by GV staff. This was publicly stated by Paul Tollett.

  7. #67
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,797

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    BUZZ
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  8. #68

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    The only thing dangerous at coachella is the security staff

  9. #69
    old school djandrews25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    4,488

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    So, you went 30 minutes early to a set to get a spot in the back where everyone tries to push past to get to a good spot? If you want a good spot get to the middle of any tent/stage and you'll be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

  10. #70
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,024

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace44 View Post
    I'll help you out Guedita, since all that bitterness you are constantly spewing seems to affect your reading comprehension. Yes, I'm aware that the grounds are expanded. I even said it in my first post, which also has my name on it. And you are still free to do the same thing to yourself that you keep telling me to do to myself.

    Somewhere on this board do you actually say anything about having had a good time? Because the only posts I see from you are all really obnoxious and it seems like that may be the main reason Coachella is feeling so much more crowded - maybe it's got a lot more people like you who do nothing but be mean all day?
    Effect. And your argument is that Coachella feels more crowded because someone on the message board is occasionally cynical? That makes no sense. And let's talk reading comprehension, because plenty of my posts are positive and about me having a good time. The obnoxious ones you see are the ones directed at idiots like yourself who say idiotic things. Oh, and scalpers. Go fuck yourself.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  11. #71
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,076

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    BUZZ
    hahahahahahahahaha
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  12. #72
    old school kvnty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DreamLAnd
    Posts
    3,368

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    EOTS was a little scary. Thought I could cut through the mass of Sahara Tent Rats to the safety of the Rose Garden w2 but realized my mistake about 50 rodents in. There was nowhere to go once inside that sardine-packed crowd that stretched from the stage all the way to the food stands. It was impenetrable and I was violated in about 10 different ways just standing there searching for an escape route. After a few minutes of being poked and prodded and fondled, some girl behind me began hyperventilating. Her friends (a very young girl and guy) were no help trying to guide her out of that shitshow. So I took a deep breath and yelled for them to follow me. It was like that lawnmower scene in Dead Alive. I must have mowed down a dozen rodents getting us the fuck out of there. But we finally prevailed and my three followers were very thankful. And I thoroughly enjoyed an epic set from Empire.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

  13. #73
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,646

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Effect. And your argument is that Coachella feels more crowded because someone on the message board is occasionally cynical? That makes no sense. And let's talk reading comprehension, because plenty of my posts are positive and about me having a good time. The obnoxious ones you see are the ones directed at idiots like yourself who say idiotic things. Oh, and scalpers. Go fuck yourself.
    Occasionally cynical??? Bitch, please...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  14. #74
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,024

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Oh, hey Bev. Any victims of sexual assault that brought it upon themselves and shouldn't be believed because the cops didn't believe them on your radar today? Any minors culpable of seducing middle aged men that need shaming?

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  15. #75
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,086

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Because there merit to anything you say, Bev...
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  16. #76
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,646

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Oh, hey Bev. Any victims of sexual assault that brought it upon themselves and shouldn't be believed because the cops didn't believe them on your radar today? Any minors culpable of seducing middle aged men that need shaming?
    Nope. Once I found out that no REWARDS were being given, I lost interest and wanted a challenge so I decided to go Cunt Hunting instead...Lo, and behold, it wasn't as challenging as I expected... By the way, where did you learn that the victim brought it upon themselves, because i never said or even alluded to that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Because there merit to anything you say, Bev...
    You are adorable when you try to put more than 4 words together, you know that?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  17. #77
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,646

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    To the average person, if Cara and I were to be the only two people on that polo field right now, some might consider it dangerously packed... lol
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  18. #78
    old school kroqken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, California.
    Posts
    5,759

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    The 99,000 figure is full capacity. Which includes staff, guests, artists, etc. The 75,000 figure is tickets sales alone.

    This isn't hearsay. These are figures in the proposal that was presented to the City of Indio by Goldenvoice and agreed to. That agreement is available for view somewhere on these boards.

    Also, the person that actually throws the festival is the one who publicly stated that approximately 30,000 people snuck in back in 2010. That's one of the biggest reasons for all of the improved security measures surrounding the festival. The 30,000 figure wasn't told to me by GV staff. This was publicly stated by Paul Tollett.
    Interesting that Metallica went after its fans for illegal downloading, but Tollett could not go after legally those 30,000 people who snuck into Coachella 2010.

  19. #79

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    My friend runs the festival Grace. 2010 was a horrendous year for them, the shit they had to handle was out of control. When I asked him about this year he stated it was the best one yet. There were a few issues due to the wind, but overall a perfect weekend. If it was as crazy as you said it was he would have not had the weekend he did. So stop.

    There is a huge difference between 100,000 in 2010 and 100,000 in 2014. There are dozens and dozens of more acres available now than there was then. It is simple math that would dictate 2010 was far more packed in than this year.
    I believe you, but I'm going to say again that everyone here - at least initially - is posting based on their own experience and some based on who they spoke to. My own experience of 2010 vs 2014 is that 2014 was more crazy, and my experience isn't really up for debate. And until reading your post I had no reason to doubt the staff I spoke to. We were also at several similar sets in 2010 and this year, so maybe it's not so surprising we have similar impressions.

    All that said though, if you really know someone who runs the whole festival and that's what they told you, I have no reason to doubt you, you sound like you're telling the truth. And obviously the top people who run it will know the big pictures for both years. So I leave this conversation with the understanding that even though myself, my housemates, and staff working at Coachella had the same impression we did about which year was more crowded, as this thread shows, even in one year different people can have different impressions depending on which bands they saw and where they stood. If a head honcho says 2010 was THE out of control year, I believe it, even though many had a different experience.

  20. #80

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Effect. And your argument is that Coachella feels more crowded because someone on the message board is occasionally cynical? That makes no sense. And let's talk reading comprehension, because plenty of my posts are positive and about me having a good time. The obnoxious ones you see are the ones directed at idiots like yourself who say idiotic things. Oh, and scalpers. Go fuck yourself.
    I know this will be really hard for you to believe, but I don't read these threads looking for posts from you (positive or negative). But of the many I have seen, they stood out because of how extraordinarily bitchy your posts are. So, I'll take your word for it that you also post about having fun, even though I've never actually seen one. But it is nice to know that someone who ends so many posts with some version of "Go fuck yourself" actually can enjoy something too. Something other than being perpetually snarky and cursing people out, that is.

  21. #81
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,797

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Hey dummy. We know Steve. See, we are sort of a community that knows each other in real life. So don't come in here spouting a bunch of shit and doubting the claims of others when you have no fucking idea who any of us are. Go back to reddit.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  22. #82
    Member Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Park
    Posts
    1,812

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    The only crowd that felt super packed to me was Disclosure. Even then, I knew what I was getting into.

    7/1 - Deafheaven @ The Casbah
    7/11 - Cloud Nothings @ Soda Bar
    7/19 - Wolves In The Throne Room @ Che Cafe
    8/5 - Arcade Fire, Spoon, Dan Deacon @ Sleeptrain Amphitheater
    8/21 - NIN, Soundgarden, Death Grips @ Sleeptrain Amphitheater
    8/22 - Future Islands @ Irenic
    8/23~24 - FYF

  23. #83
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,024

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace44 View Post
    I know this will be really hard for you to believe, but I don't read these threads looking for posts from you
    Well if you ever decide to use this forum as a source for something other than a place for you to humblebrag about scalping or conjecture about relative crowd problems, you're in for a real fucking treat.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  24. #84
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,086

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    2010 was way more insanely packed. There really isn't anything to be arguing about here. Grace, you have obviously come down with a case of claustrophobia since 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  25. #85
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,828

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace44 View Post
    I was at 2010 - and I was there this year. And I spoke to some of the Golden Voice staff. There were 25,000+ MORE people there this year than in 2010, and while the overall polo field site has expanded, they simply have not adequately expanded the actual stages/tents enough.

    Your impression is your impression, but the numbers and festival staff themselves prove this year was way way more crowded and crazy. So do not discount the original poster's point, because frankly she's absolutely right. Coachella has never been that packed before.
    you are truly an idiot

  26. #86
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,828

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace44 View Post
    I was comparing 2010 to this year, so the 25,000+ was noting the rise from the 75,000 you quoted in 2010 to the 99,000 this year (which includes the guest passes, because guess what, those bodies take up space too, even if they're all crowded into the VIP section when they can). So actually, your own post confirms what I said.

    Now I've never asked or spoken to GV staff about how many they estimate crashed in in 2010, so I'll ask about the 30,000 figure next time I see them. But just going on all our (house of about 8 vets this year who were all there in 2010) experiences, this year was far far worse.

    I'll definitely say that maybe the point about it all depending on which sets you went to has a lot to do with it. This year aside from the sets already mentioned in this thread as insane, Pharrell and Outkast were also insane. Nothing we experienced in 2010 even came close to comparing, but I also stayed on the very outer edges for Thom Yorke that year so I didn't experience what you guys are talking about.

    At the end of the day, just like you, I'm going to trust my own experiences and what the GV staff I talked to said, just as you'll trust your own experiences and what staff tell you more than my anonymous post here. But I'd be really interested to know if the staff you talk to are really, seriously, saying that the expansion of the grounds they've done (including moving the Do Lab, which definitely did help some) has really meant that things are manageable for the average attendee at the most popular stages/tents. I don't know anyone who worked there and was actually in the tents/circulating on the fields who thought it wasn't way way way too crowded.
    you are truly an idiot

  27. #87
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,828

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grace44 View Post
    I believe you, but I'm going to say again that everyone here - at least initially - is posting based on their own experience and some based on who they spoke to. My own experience of 2010 vs 2014 is that 2014 was more crazy, and my experience isn't really up for debate. And until reading your post I had no reason to doubt the staff I spoke to. We were also at several similar sets in 2010 and this year, so maybe it's not so surprising we have similar impressions.

    All that said though, if you really know someone who runs the whole festival and that's what they told you, I have no reason to doubt you, you sound like you're telling the truth. And obviously the top people who run it will know the big pictures for both years. So I leave this conversation with the understanding that even though myself, my housemates, and staff working at Coachella had the same impression we did about which year was more crowded, as this thread shows, even in one year different people can have different impressions depending on which bands they saw and where they stood. If a head honcho says 2010 was THE out of control year, I believe it, even though many had a different experience.
    this is not a matter of opinion, you fucking retard

  28. #88

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    this is not a matter of opinion, you fucking retard
    I see Quedita isn't the only one here with reading comprehension problems and only able to respond with name calling. Fair enough, then there's no reason to keep responding to anyone other than the many here who do actually engage in conversation (like the person I was actually responding to in that post).

  29. #89

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Well if you ever decide to use this forum as a source for something other than a place for you to humblebrag about scalping or conjecture about relative crowd problems, you're in for a real fucking treat.
    Right, because the fact that I've only seen you call people names means you know which threads I read... Lesson learned: only respond to the adults here. I have no problem with people who disagree with me (because unlike you, I realize I can be wrong). It's the incessant name calling and bitching that makes your posts not worth responding to. So... Again, lesson learned.

  30. #90

    Default Re: Is Coachella Usually This Dangerously Packed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    2010 was way more insanely packed. There really isn't anything to be arguing about here. Grace, you have obviously come down with a case of claustrophobia since 2010.
    No, not at all. Apparently though me and everyone I went with picked all the least crowded sets/positions in 2010 and the most crowded in 2014. What I don't get is why, on a board with thread after thread of people having different crowd experiences even at the SAME SET on the SAME NIGHT, it's so hard for many of you to accept that people can have really different experiences. I already said that if a lead organizer is on record about 2010 being the true nightmare year, then I believe that. It just wasn't my personal experience or that of others I know who were there both years.

    C'mon folks, in crowds of 100,000 people, not everyone is going to experience everything exactly the same way! 2010 was the nightmare year for most, but 2014 was the worst for my group. That really seems impossible to you guys?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-27-2014, 03:43 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 09:13 AM
  3. SAHARA EACH DAY WILL BE PACKED
    By SickWithIt in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 02:41 PM
  4. The Ghostbusters cap is packed...
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 08:46 AM
  5. who packed already?
    By airguitarvet in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 10:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •