Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank you Coachella! I packed all the joy I could into this video.

Default Re: Thank you Coachella! I packed all the joy I could into this video.

looks like you had a great time. thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by abauti2004 View Post
    I'm surprised at the uncharacteristic negativity that this Coachella forum generates. IMHO Coachella is about connecting with people through an incredible shared experience. This involves music of all genres, amazing art, and any number of joyous activities that you might partake in with new and old friends. As long as you're not being dangerous and reckless towards the people / environment around you, what could possibly elicit these types of reactions?

I'm fairly confident that this attitude comes from a vocal minority that thrives in this forum. The reason is because I never see or hear this kind of negativity while I'm physically at Coachella (or really from any other online Coachella community). If everyone had this type of short sided hatred towards people who enjoy the event any differently than they do, it would be a truly awful experience for all involved.

Spend all your time chasing front row spots at the biggest rock shows? Relax by the pool until your favorite hip hop artist comes on stage later in the evening? Wander aimlessly around the tents looking to discover something new? Spend time at camp having drinks with friends and neighbors until a late afternoon set? Spend all day at Sahara going wild? None of these situations are inherently better than the other, as long as you're being safe, enjoying yourself, and doing everything you can to make sure the people around you are enjoying themselves too.

Speaking for the people in this video, I can tell you there is nothing but love for Coachella and all the wonderful people we met this year. It was a truly joyous occasion. I'm sorry that was largely lost on this thread. Happy Coachella.
    Could not agree more. The elitism that exists in these forums is pretty lame. Great video

it's the internet, the same people who are nice at Coachella are dicks on the forum...it's expected.
    Don't try and think for a second people are going to put lovey dovey bullshit over humor behind a keyboard.

With that being said, glad you had a good time, I wasn't in the Do Lab or Sahara once, your edit was good.

Your Coachella experience was a lot different from mine in where you hung out, but it looks like the end result is the same----you had a great time. Thanks for sharing, and don't let the bastards get you down!
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

I love it! Seems like you guys had a blast, don't worry about the elitists on this board who take it too seriously, the ones who could be at their own daughters wedding and throw a hissy fit when the DJ plays a popular song. They haven't realized that people having fun comes in different forms.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    it's the internet, the same people who are nice at Coachella are dicks on the forum...it's expected.
    Don't try and think for a second people are going to put lovey dovey bullshit over humor behind a keyboard.

With that being said, glad you had a good time, I wasn't in the Do Lab or Sahara once, your edit was good.
    This asshole gets it
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Great video! Looks like y'all had a blast!

Happy Coachella!
    '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14... '15!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Sounds like a mashup of Benny Benassi, Spice Girls, and feces. I was really hoping for a Paris Hilton DJ set :/
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Just wait. I bet at the Sigma Chi chapter meeting this Sunday the brothers unanimously vote to do Sahara Semiformal at Weekend 2 2015.