Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C'mon everyone. Let's help Ivankay out!

Lurker

Red face C'mon everyone. Let's help Ivankay out!

Hey!

I usually stalk you guys quietly but now is the time to speak up! As you may have read Mike has had some of his camera equipment stolen!! So I have started a gofundme page for him. Let's all help Mike out and turn his frown upside down.. Once Mike has time to figure out what I'm doing then we can take I about donation minimums for prizes.

LETS DO THIS!!

http://www.gofundme.com/Ivankayfilm

Default Re: C'mon everyone. Let's help Ivankay out!

I'd be quick to help out as Mike has been a huge asset to our community, but as I'm a skeptic at heart, can you prove this is for Mike so I and others would feel more comfortable pitching in. I know he didn't want to go this route, but having him chime in here or some other form of verification would go a long way. And thanks in advance for stepping in on this, he deserves to have someone do this for him.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Actually, I told Mike today that he should start a gofundme campaign today at the photo shoot. I would buy copies of the group photo shoots or other Coachella photos he has taken over the years, if they were available as "prizes." He said his other option is to work more to pay for his loss - which is not a bad idea, but we have never paid him for all the work he has done for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Lurker

Totally understandable. Mike is currently on the field working, I'm at home. I told him about this, he still hates the idea but I think it's only right that we get this started and at least help a bit. I Facebook verified the account but it's still under my name. Oh and I also failed to mention that I'm mikes girlfriend.

Ok, Done. I'll kick in some more when I get back from LA next month.

Come on you Motherfuckers this looks legit.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

im pretty sure i know who girlafraid is and she is legit
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

I'm in. Hope this helps Mike out a bit!
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Hey, it was nice meeting you in the beer barn briefly on Saturday. Thanks for doing this!
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Lurker

It's the least I can do for him, if I was at the event you bet I would be putting "lost" flyers up and spending time on the camp grounds looking for that bag.

I'm on board, GirlNOTafraid to do the right thing! Very cool. He is a great guy. Big fan, here.
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

I'm in. I don't need any prizes or anything. Mike has certainly done enough for me.

Also, just going to throw this out there, but I sincerely hope Goldenvoice is generous and covers the difference between what we contribute and what he lost. No, they aren't legally responsible for his stuff (I don't think...I don't know), but he was there working on their behalf, and the stuff that was stolen was on one of their golf carts. It would just be the right thing to do considering the time and energy he puts into this every year...and were it my company, he would already have a check in hand.

Just sayin.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Girlafraid View Post
    It's the least I can do for him, if I was at the event you bet I would be putting "lost" flyers up and spending time on the camp grounds looking for that bag.
    It was good of you to do this, and hopefully you continue to get donations over the next couple of weeks. I put in a bit, and I hope he doesn't let it get to him too much this weekend and next!

Lurker

Aww guys. Thank you so much, for all the help so far. It means so much to me that Mike has so many friends on the board and that you really care about him. Tonight is day 3 of the second Coachella weekend, and nothing has been turned in so this seems like the best bet he has with getting anything back. You're all the bees knees.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I'm in. I don't need any prizes or anything. Mike has certainly done enough for me.

Also, just going to throw this out there, but I sincerely hope Goldenvoice is generous and covers the difference between what we contribute and what he lost. No, they aren't legally responsible for his stuff (I don't think...I don't know), but he was there working on their behalf, and the stuff that was stolen was on one of their golf carts. It would just be the right thing to do considering the time and energy he puts into this every year...and were it my company, he would already have a check in hand.

Just sayin.
    I agree and will kick in for Mike.

Guys, I'm sure as a smart pro photographer, Mike has insurance to cover his gear during events and other jobs.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Guys, I'm sure as a smart pro photographer, Mike has insurance to cover his gear during events and other jobs.
    If it only it were that simple. Yes, Mike is smart, but insurance only covers damage and not theft, and Mike doesn't do other events, he does Coachella on his free time which is what makes this loss even more heartbreaking.

If you don't want to donate to the cause Courtney, then don't, but no need to doubt why the page is up.

Don't get mad the thread on the chic who died turned into a mockery then a fn political battle.
    Anything is possible here

Lurker

I'm all about the peace and love.. Okay Mike more than I, but I came to the message board first with his page because I know you kids have mad love for Mike. I'm ready for your message board banter, but Im trying to stick to the lollipops and lemon drops feel here.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlafraid View Post
    If it only it were that simple. Yes, Mike is smart, but insurance only covers damage and not theft, and Mike doesn't do other events, he does Coachella on his free time which is what makes this loss even more heartbreaking.

If you don't want to donate to the cause Courtney, then don't, but no need to doubt why the page is up.
    I'm sorry to hear this, and sorry that my assumption was incorrect. I just assumed given that Mike and I have been at events before where I messed up my camera and thanked my lucky stars that I had insurance to cover the damage, so we have actually discussed in person how awesome lens insurance is.

Perhaps it would be useful to provide a little bit more information to folks who would like to donate: Which equipment was lost and what was the current market value of said equipment? Is Goldenvoice aware this has happened, and do they intend to cover any of the damages?

Lurker

If I had the information I would have provided it. I haven't spoken to Mike since last Wednesday, after the festival is over then hopefully we could talk logistics over this.. Again this was my idea to get a donation page started and not his so if you don't feel right donating until you get more info that's fine.. But thank you everyone who has donated it means so much to me and as much as Mike didn't want to do this, It's turning his frown upside down.

Ok. I don't mean to be a jerk, we have just had some pretty sketchy GoFundMe-type requests on here in the past (ahem mozabilly54), so I can't help but to approach any new asks with a fair dose of skepticism if they are thin on the details. Obviously this is different because we all know and love Mike and think he's awesome for what he does. But I do think it's a good rule of thumb in general to ask for info when people with user names you have never even seen before are asking you for money on the internets. Sorry if I came off douchey.

I'm wondering why the goal went from 6,000 to 4,500.
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

i saw that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

i asked it be reduced. i'm going to probably ask it be reduced more when i figure out the cost of everything in the bag. i still need to make the awful phone call to lensrentals to find out how much they will bill me for the lens and filter that was theirs.

i love my lady and appreciate her efforts to help make a bad thing better. i still feel very weird to be on the receiving end of a gofundme. When she told me, i was and still am a bit embarrassed. i am also emotionally touched by the support that has come to me in this fucked situation. The amazing support is what has helped me accept the gofundme. i am still hoping my bag turns up magically in Lost and Found. we had a tease on Saturday when one of the photo crew was taking shots of Lost and Found items and a black camera bag was amongst them. It was not mine and i hope the owner gets it soon. i also hope i could go without saying if the bag and the camera stuff inside are found, this gofundme ends and everyone gets their kind donations back. i've only donated before and am not sure exactly how these thing work.

i expressed in the thread i started about the bag i would like to give back by making prints. i also still need to figure that out since i have never had nice ones made before, but i want it to be cool enough that they could take up space on a wall. Nothing crazy huge, but hopefully nice.

This Coachella for me will officially go down as Bad Luckchella. There were still glorious moments for me though. i don't know what Job card i pulled before the weekends started, but it was amazing to me how many shit things could happen in my direction. i really wanted to give up and then i would run into old friends, take a cool picture and/or see an awesome set and it would pick me up. You guys being concerned for my problems makes it even more mushy.

i'm going to stop typing now and review some pictures. i am looking forward to seeing what i shot and hopefully can get some up soon.

Hi Mike,don't feel weird about what Randy has done. It was a stunning loss and required a lot of quick readjustments for you to function.
    We love you, man.
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I'm wondering why the goal went from 6,000 to 4,500.
    It went from 6,000 to 4,500 because I don't know how much lenses and camera junk costs. Like I mentioned I posted it for Mike and he had no idea that I did it and all I knew was that the bag was lost and not what was in it. Once he found out he gave me the rough estimate, which is why it was lowered. Not trying to be sketch peeps, just trying to help my man out.

Understandable, and I wasn't accusing of being sketch. I met you briefly so I know you're not a random woman trying to profit off of this. I'm all for the cause

I have not yet contributed a dime towards JustSteve getting new lungs, therefore it feels inappropriate to contributing towards Ivankay getting new lenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

i think Steve should be first in your priorities if you go the way of donating. As far as the funding for me goes, the first monies goes to amount lensrentals will charge me for their lens. Then would come the replacement of my personal stuff.

I'm definitely interested in purchasing a print or two, if that becomes a thing.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival