Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Woman Dies from Apparent Drug Overdose After Attending Weekend 1

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Woman Dies from Apparent Drug Overdose After Attending Weekend 1

Yes, the biggest threat to people at music festivals is being in 100 degree heat, dancing for 10 hours, not drinking enough water, and then also consuming substances that even further dehydrate you.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarator View Post
    I wonder what day this happened on. I thought i noticed an increase in security checks on Sunday. Could be a correlation? Or i was in a shitty line.
    In this thread it says Sunday morning: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...stupid-actions

Her family must be devastated.

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Ecstacy hardly hurts anyone , alcohol and opiates mixed are the worst. I had neighbors up all night doing coke and drinking vodka.
    You might want to learn more about your drugs before heading out to the desert to use them... Very sad news...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

The saddest part is that she had tons of photos of the Washed Out proposal
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    The saddest part is that she had tons of photos of the Washed Out proposal
    Then maybe you should have posted that in Thread #1, Thread #2, or Thread #3.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

For such a sad thread title, this thread is really entertaining thus far. Feel bad for the girls family though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    40,000 posts Tom

#40000 #legendary #GetALifeLoser
    I don't know what you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about.
    You dick
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Watch. Tom is gonna become one of those people who turn 40,000, but continue tell everyone else that they're 39,999 forever.

Is no one else gonna ask what exactly she was on and where she got them? Cause back in my presober days, that's the first thing I'd want to know. #thagoodshit
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Let's get real, she barely knew the bro she got them from and definitely didn't know what was in them.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    Let's get real, she barely knew the bro she got them from and definitely didn't know what was in them.
    Figures, it was probably just sandstorm related anyway with a sprinkling of hard drugs.

i think GV needs to terminate the sahara tent and all bro's from the polo fields
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

The article I learned about this in had an instagram of her with the group she came with... enough in the group that someone could have kept an eye on her.

THERE IS NO APOSTROPHE IN THE PLURAL OF BRO.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I thought she was referring to the possessive nature of the bros and then got lost in her own sentence before hitting "post quick reply".

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Ex bros call current bros bro's.

They found out about Todd Terje yesterday because of a Pitchfork article and they are now music connoisseurs. They've left their bro days behind...

Somewhere in this statement lies a funny bro joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    So, people doing ecstasy at Coachella is a new phenomenon?
    Also, the idea that people only recently have been using lots of drugs at Coachella is fucking asinine. Most of the regular posters on this message have been ingesting massive amounts of drugs and alcohol at this for its entirety.
    Both of these.

Ask Rick about all the shit he took at Coachella back in the day. It's nothing new. Overdoses have probably happened more times than we know, but back then, websites like Pitchfork weren't around to report every festival detail.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

This should be EVERYONE'S signature. EVERYONE!!!

Unless the ' is a visual marker of the fact that when you put more than one bro together, you can count on them having their arms up in the air in a fist pump, highlighting their impeccably chiseled shoulders.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Both of these.

Ask Rick about all the shit he took at Coachella back in the day. It's nothing new. Overdoses have probably happened more times than we know, but back then, websites like Pitchfork weren't around to report every festival detail.
    Really though, in 2010 two tents down from us in Lot 8, someone's campmate did not wake up on Saturday morning, I looked in and suggested they call over the medics at the info booth. Truth be told, it might have been better if they had just waited it out and got him a body bag. I could hear how much he had aspirated every time he breathed, which wasn't very often. I always figured he had died, but who knows, the young are resilient sometimes.

Unless the ' is a visual marker of the fact that when you put more than one bro together, you can count on them having their arms up in the air in a fist pump, highlighting their impeccably chiseled shoulders.
    ..... ______________
    ... / ........................ \
    . /............................ \
    /''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''\

Sahara Tent in ASCII^^^

Sucks.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Ecstacy hardly hurts anyone,
    Who's the noob?
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Frontgates and Goldanvoice read this. I have never done illegal drugs but drink heavy. I left half way threw Outcast set. Past out as soon as the shuttle droped me of at Shadow Hills and did not after party. I read Uber Taxi's where blocking regular Taxi's and Twitter Ignited about the line Friday/Saturday. Even if she did do drugs she needed Water and to get out of there. I blame this on the Taxi Nightmair at the Taxi area since MTV. COM Freaking publiched she passed out Waiting for a Cab after Outcast at 230 saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Fffrancisco View Post
    Frontgates and Goldanvoice read this. I have never done illegal drugs .....
    yeah, I'm gonna stop you right here and call shenanigans.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Frontgates and Goldanvoice read this. I have never done illegal drugs but drink heavy. I left half way threw Outcast set. Past out as soon as the shuttle droped me of at Shadow Hills and did not after party. I read Uber Taxi's where blocking regular Taxi's and Twitter Ignited about the line Friday/Saturday. Even if she did do drugs she needed Water and to get out of there. I blame this on the Taxi Nightmair at the Taxi area since MTV. COM Freaking publiched she passed out Waiting for a Cab after Outcast at 230 saturday.
    Another victim of public schools
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    yeah, I'm gonna stop you right here and call shenanigans.
    Will all I do is Drink all Day Every Day. I guess i am. Joking. I also have a professional career which requires a BA.

Will all I do is Drink all Day Every Day. I guess i am. Joking. I also have a professional career which requires a BA level of .14.
    fixed
    Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds