Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Woman Dies from Apparent Drug Overdose After Attending Weekend 1

Default Re: Woman Dies from Apparent Drug Overdose After Attending Weekend 1

The thing that baffles me is that this turd thinks that all it would take for Cuba to get an MLB team is for them to no longer be ruled by the Castros. The Dominican Republic isn't run by an unelected dictatorship right now, they pump out tons of players, they are located nearly as close to the US, and yet we don't have the Santo Domingo Powerhouses in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    The thing that baffles me is that this turd thinks that all it would take for Cuba to get an MLB team is for them to no longer be ruled by the Castros.
    Turd? Wow. I was wrong in assuming that a girl with the handle of "The Encyclopedia" could do better than that. Name calling is always so classy and clearly adds to the credibility of your argument. I suspect there are actually many things that baffle you. Who knows? Maybe there is a slim chance someday, certainly not any time in the foreseeable future, that major league baseball will be a reality in the Dominican Republic. But it is much more than simply pumping out tons of players, an astute observation by you. MLB is all about revenue and, for a myriad of reasons, Cuba is a natural for expansion. With the large Cuban-American population in Miami, high speed ferry transportation (perhaps with onboard gambling), and a very short plane flight, it may well be projected to create enough revenue to gain a franchise that would succeed. Maybe the Rays will move there one day. After all, they had pathetic attendance last year of less than 19,000 average per game. Fidel's surgeon son Antonio is very involved in working for closer ties with MLB and believes the future of Cuban baseball relies on severing ties with the country's political past. But, of course, with your vast knowledge and expertise about MLB, Cuba, and the Dominican Republic baseball scene, you knew that. And, like me, you probably have a couple clients who have actually played winter ball in the Dominican Republic, right? No, it takes more than just the demise of Fidel. That is why my projection was for 5 years after Fidel departs. The franchise would certainly be the beneficiary of a major TV deal, as were the Dodgers, allowing the boys in blue to spend an obscene amount of money amassing new talent. But even having an existing and enthusiastic fan base, Havana will probably have to wait in line behind Salt Lake City, Norfolk, Oklahoma City, Orlando, Austin, and perhaps Las Vegas. Does MLB actually go to the gambling capital? Pete Rose will be all over that.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

So, does everyone you know hate your guts? 90%?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

wow page #5 is random..

If one person dies out of 18 Coachellas held, that is less than one out of a million. It is sad, but I like those odds.
    Last edited by kroqken; 04-22-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I totally agree. Isn't this only the second Coachella-related death ever?
    What was the first Coachella related death?

Quote Originally Posted by Fffrancisco View Post
    Frontgates and Goldanvoice read this. I have never done illegal drugs but drink heavy. I left half way threw Outcast set. Past out as soon as the shuttle droped me of at Shadow Hills and did not after party. I read Uber Taxi's where blocking regular Taxi's and Twitter Ignited about the line Friday/Saturday. Even if she did do drugs she needed Water and to get out of there. I blame this on the Taxi Nightmair at the Taxi area since MTV. COM Freaking publiched she passed out Waiting for a Cab after Outcast at 230 saturday.
    I hate Uber.

Quote Originally Posted by HiFromDFU View Post
    RIP, Kimchi. Her poor parents now live with the nightmare every parent fears --- outliving your child.

Many questions will be answered by toxicology reports. But then there are questions beyond discovering exactly how she died. If it was drugs, did she bring them in or did someone provide them at Coachella? That someone needs to be found. Were the drugs tainted by someone? How long was she treated onsite before someone realized it was a life and death situation and she needed to be in an emergency room immediately?

People die in accidents every day. Accidents are tragic and part of life, but it is even worse when the death could have been prevented. It is amazing what people put in their bodies without realizing potential consequences. We all do stupid things in our lives, particularly in our youth. I am probably lucky that I did not die from alcohol poisoning during my fraternity days. It is a shame that Kimchi paid the ultimate price for this.
    Kim Chi dies, but Keith Richards is still alive, as was Mickey Rooney until a few weeks ago.

I agree. I am prepared to mock the death of people like Kim Jong Il, Fidel Castro, and other mass murders, but not a young girl who did something dumb. May she rest in peace and may her parents get through the unimaginable loss of a child.
    24 is not a "young girl", she is a legal adult, albeit on the younger side.

In your world that is funny? Nice try, however, your response is also foolish and is totally lacking in both accuracy and moral clarity. Because I mentioned opposition to Castro, you attempt to label me as a Batista supporter. I challenge you to cite where I have ever defended Fulgencio Batista. He was also a dictator. My hope is that people of that nation will someday enjoy the opportunity to have free and fair elections. When that happens, I expect many good and hard-working people to return to their homeland and to families from whom they have been separated. I hope to someday see the day I can go to Havana and watch the Dodgers and Puig battle the Havana team in a 3-game series.

As an aside, I may someday be contributing to a book that chronicles the Cuban Coffee Caper. One of my best friends was involved in that, which was the greatest sting ever against Fidel. It happened at a time when Cuba was the only nation in the world burdened by the Trading with the Enemy Act. The Cuban Coffee Caper was an operation designed to expose Castro for cheating his Soviet benefactors, thus causing a rift in the relationship. Castro was buying cheap coffee and passing it off to the Soviets at far more than market value so he could pocket the money.
    Cuba has flaws, but there are no homeless people, people have guaranteed health care and there is no illiteracy. I would support political openness in Cuba. However, turning Cuba over to the capitalist wolves and multinational corporations is not the answer,

Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    If one person dies out of 18 Coachella held, that is less than one out of a million. It is sad, but I like those odds.
    i have a feeling ill be the next 1/1,000,000..... oh wait thats just my ocd and paranoia flaring up

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    i have a feeling ill be the next 1/1,000,000..... oh wait thats just my ocd and paranoia flaring up
    Kimchi dies, but Congressman Ralph Hall and actress Doris Day are both still alive.

ken, your posts are the most disrespectful part of this thread.
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    ken, your posts are the most disrespectful part of this thread.
    I was responding to others. However, I am sad that young lady died and have not said anything disparaging about her. I also will say Coachella has nothing to do with her death whatsoever, she made the choices that she did. No one forced her to take any illicit substances.

I also hope that people realize there is only so much of illicit substances that one human body can handle

I also hope that people realize there is only so much of illicit substances that one human body can handle
    FAT CHANCE

If only you didnt realize this and kept going?

Lurker

I had a friend who was working security weekend 2. He said 3 people died of drug overdoses. He also said that the ambulances were constantly taking people to the hospital. Maybe we just don't here about it.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    If only you didnt realize this and kept going?

This is why we can't have nice things...
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

Turd? Wow. I was wrong in assuming that a girl with the handle of "The Encyclopedia" could do better than that. Name calling is always so classy and clearly adds to the credibility of your argument. I suspect there are actually many things that baffle you.
    real fucking classy
    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Listen to Ron if you don't want to listen to me. Or will you call his experience into question as well? He's probably one of the most (if not THE most) respected members of this board.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

What do you think you're pointing out there?
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Listen to Ron if you don't want to listen to me. Or will you call his experience into question as well? He's probably one of the most (if not THE most) respected members of this board.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

everyone is a hypocrite.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by surferalby77 View Post
    I had a friend who was working security weekend 2. He said 3 people died of drug overdoses. He also said that the ambulances were constantly taking people to the hospital. Maybe we just don't here about it.
    I work in the intensive care unit of one of those local hospitals---and the girl that died was in my unit. We get our fair share of people from the Coachella. Some things are worse than death, like being in a persistent vegetative state for the rest of your "life." I stick to the occasional beer and avoid drugs altogether, but I'm an old bastard now. Be careful people---meth and cocaine are the worst (in that order), but no drug is completely "safe," including Ecstasy.
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

What was the first Coachella related death?
    xbnmx

RIP

Cuba has flaws, but there are no homeless people, people have guaranteed health care and there is no illiteracy. I would support political openness in Cuba. However, turning Cuba over to the capitalist wolves and multinational corporations is not the answer,
    Yep, women would really love life in Cuba. Some of you are naive. Some just stupid.

http://townhall.com/columnists/humbe...9170/page/full

Barbara Walters “interviewed” Fidel Castro in 1977 and again in 2002. But the famous ABC Wicked Witch who interrogated Nixon, Reagan and Bush –when confronted by Fidel Castro-- morphed in Ann Margaret in front Conrad Birdie. No hint of the famous ABC News dominatrix in Washington was evident in the smiley and goo-goo-eyed groupie in Havana.

Instead this famous “feminist” shamelessly stroked among the most brutal and insatiable male egos in modern history—and within walking distance of where hundreds of his female victims languished in filthy, rat-infested and sweltering torture chambers.

When feminist icon Barbara Walters sat quivering alongside Fidel Castro in 1977 cooing: “Fidel Castro has brought very high literacy and great health-care to his country. His personal magnetism is powerful!” dozens of Cuban (genuine) feminists suffered in nearby torture chambers. From exile today many of them recall the horrors:

“They started by beating us with twisted coils of wire recalls former political prisoner Ezperanza Pena from exile today. “I remember Teresita on the ground with all her lower ribs broken. Gladys had both her arms broken. Doris had her face cut up so badly from the beatings that when she tried to drink, water would pour out of her lacerated cheeks.”

“On Mother’s Day they allowed family visits,” recalls, Manuela Calvo from exile today.” But as our mothers and sons and daughters were watching, we were beaten with rubber hoses and high-pressure hoses were turned on us, knocking all of us the ground floor and rolling us around as the guards laughed and our loved-ones screamed helplessly.”

“When female guards couldn’t handle us male guards were called in for more brutal beatings. I saw teen-aged girls beaten savagely their bones broken their mouths bleeding,” recalled prisoner Polita Grau.

Fidel Castro’s regime jailed and tortured 35,150 Cuban women for political crimes, a totalitarian horror utterly unknown—not only in Cuba—but in the Western Hemisphere until the regime so “magnetic” to Barbara Walters. Some of these Cuban ladies suffered twice as long in Castro’s Gulag as Alexander Solzhenitsyn suffered in Stalin’s.

Their prison conditions were described by former political prisoner Maritza Lugo. “The punishment cells measure 3 feet wide by 6 feet long. The toilet consists of an 8 inch hole in the ground through which cockroaches and rats enter, especially in cool temperatures the rat come inside to seek the warmth of our bodies and we were often bitten. The suicide rate among women prisoners was very high.”