Thread: IF i cant find a room/motel now, and i go to coachella, will i find something there?

Default IF i cant find a room/motel now, and i go to coachella, will i find something there?

HELP!!!

we r 3 people and didnt find a motel yet.... so if we go to coachella... u think i could get something there? or 30 min away? or an hour away???

i need a room!!!

Default Re: IF i cant find a room/motel now, and i go to coachella, will i find something the

Good luck, but maybe the God's will be shining on you.

Default Re: IF i cant find a room/motel now, and i go to coachella, will i find something the

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Good luck, but maybe the God's will be shining on you.
    my brother say "it will be ok" but i dont think it will be!!!

You're brother is most likely wrong, but the worst that could happen is a couple nights in a car. Of course you never know. Besides there is no turnin' back now.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    You're brother is most likely wrong, but the worst that could happen is a couple nights in a car. Of course you never know. Besides there is no turnin' back now.
    LOL no no sleeping in the car! its convertable! lol and i need my shower!

need to look good for the third day for MIKA! lol

this is what's going to happen: after two nights of sleeping in a car with three people when your interior car temp hits 90 degrees at 6:30 am you'll be hating life so much that you'll drive back mid-day saturday.

My buddy found a room last year right of the 10 20 minutes from the venue...it's possible!!!

Quote Originally Posted by montague View Post
    this is what's going to happen: after two nights of sleeping in a car with three people when your interior car temp hits 90 degrees at 6:30 am you'll be hating life so much that you'll drive back mid-day saturday.
    lol i need to be there in sunday for mika show! lol
    no going back!!!

but i know what u mean!

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    My buddy found a room last year right of the 10 20 minutes from the venue...it's possible!!!

well if i cant find anything by than...i guess we will have to try our luck,,,but i hope i wont need to...

old school

Yr only hope is to bid on some aucitons for reservations on Ebay. I wouldn't go there expecting to get a room within an hour of Indio.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Yr only hope is to bid on some aucitons for reservations on Ebay. I wouldn't go there expecting to get a room within an hour of Indio.
    im trying on ebay to...

I honestly wouldn'[t worry about it. Two experiences:

2004: I check in at motel 8 in palm springs with my overpriced coachella reservation that I got 2 months earlier. THe guys behind me who were just passing through got a room without reservation for much less money.

2006: I'm driving all around on Friday night looking for gas and cigarettes and come across 3+ strip motels with vacancy.

Consider that Palm Springs and surroundings are tourist hotspots all year long and there is more infrastructure that exists than you can find or reserve online beforehand. Bottom line, don't worry about it. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by moooo View Post
    I honestly wouldn'[t worry about it. Two experiences:

2004: I check in at motel 8 in palm springs with my overpriced coachella reservation that I got 2 months earlier. THe guys behind me who were just passing through got a room without reservation for much less money.

2006: I'm driving all around on Friday night looking for gas and cigarettes and come across 3+ strip motels with vacancy.

Consider that Palm Springs and surroundings are tourist hotspots all year long and there is more infrastructure that exists than you can find or reserve online beforehand. Bottom line, don't worry about it. Sheesh.
    okee...ill try not to worry

Lurker

Post a bulletin on your myspace asking if anyone you know or they know is going and wouldn't mind letting you and your friends sleep on the floor + split costs.

I asked around and turns out two of my friends who aren't going have other friends that are renting a house. So my friend and me can stay w/ them.

Now I just need to work on getting Sat & Sun tickets.

Lurker

I have an extra room reservation 2 miles from the venue contact me soon

there will be scalpers aka. heartless bastards selling camping tickets at the campsite. guaran-damn-teed. there was last year, shouldnt be any different this year. just be prepared to pay up the yang for them..

I have a house for rent. I had posted this a while back, but I injured my wrist and wasn't able to get the house ready and get photos posted. It is now available for renters for that weekend.

The house is in Morongo Valley. Granted, it is about a 45 mi. drive to the fest, but it is actually a very nice and easy drive. Hwy. 62 to Int 10, East. I think you can take the Jackson exit, in Indio, and continue to the fest from there.

I'm asking $100.00 a night, and a $50.00 cleaning fee. It is a three bedroom, two full bath home, and you will have it to yourself. The third bedroom is more of a study, but there is a double in one bedroom, a queen in the master, and a twin fold-out couch in the living room. It is w/in walking distance to town, and three blocks from Hwy. 62.

Here is a pix link:

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...e673d3d0a&sb=1

If you are interested, or know of anyone needing a rental, please email me at:

robincc@prodigy.net

There is also possibly enough room for you to partner up w/ someone and share rental expenses. Sleeping bags are welcome. Outdoor smoking only, please. Areas are provided for such.

Red face Re: IF i cant find a room/motel now, and i go to coachella, will i find something the

I have a reservation in Palm Desert if your're still in need-30 min away
    for Sat and Sun -

the room is a bit pricey...but it is a mini suite, big enough for 3 or 4 peeps-

send me a PM if you are interested and we can work out the details.

call around each day till the festival. also, check hotwire/orbitz/travelocity and etc. also check craigslist and whatnot. you have a better chance (as far as price goes) with craigslist or these forums than calling the hotels directly. the hotels will jack their prices up because they know they can fill the rooms. your best bet is to find a posting by someone who is canceling their reservation and just wants to break even.

this is my first coachella, but i'm guessing if worst comes to worst and you don't have a room by the first day of the festival, you can probably try holding up a sign in the lot near the entrance/exit asking if anyone has room to share.
    Last edited by ashtraygrl; 04-24-2007 at 01:12 PM.

worse comes to worse
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

dont arrive without a place ready for ya
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Has anyone ever slept in their car and then showered at one of the nearby truck stops? My friend and I are traveling from Cleveland, Oh and trying to save some money. It is totally worth it to pay $$$$$ from the scalpers? We will only be there Thursday and Friday evening. Any suggestions?

Park at the closest hotel parking lot to the fest and shower in their pool, lol....no really..
    You ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?

glamourdamaged.etsy.com

a CV expat, now in the San Joaquin Valley

well, you could always try one of the outlaying cities... i have seen it where it gets booked up all the way into Banning and beyond on the west-end and as
    far south as West Morland and Brawley on the south-end. however in '06 i was able to find something in Hemet which is about an hour away just past San
    Bernadino. good luck, but if you don't find something within a month get ready to just park at a wal-mart and camp there.

This thread is so last year.

In related news.....I wonder if they ever found a place to stay or slept 3 people in a convertible.

It would be interesting to know how these people pulled it off. I bet they found some friendly people though. Coachella was full of them.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Just camp...or maybe try going doorknocking at the nearby motels and finding some fellow coachella-ers that you might be able to bribe into giving you some floor space to sleep on. You're bound to find a taker there...at some point...I wouldn't personally do it, but I'm chicken shit like that