Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: El-P

Default El-P

Anyone know if El-P will be (or usually does) performing with any other Def Jux artists or DJs? (i.e. Mr. Lif, RJD2 etc.)

Default Re: El-P

From what I've read, Aes, Lif and Rob Sonic are all guests on I'll Sleep When You're Dead but I haven't heard the album so I don't know how involved they are. Mike Relm will probably be his dj.

Thanks much

well... El-P didn't come to coachella alone last time...

wasn't almost everyone there?

I can only hope that aesop and lif will be there for backup... hopefully it's not someone wack like PFAC

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

EL-P's production has never really been that impressive IMO. Makes one wonder if he would have so much released music if he didn't own Def Jux.

I stopped listening to his stuff years ago. Does he MC now? I thought he was just a producer.

emererson lake and palmer ... wow i didnt know they had new stuff out ... cr***

He does production still, but he's releasing his second album as an MC this year. The first one was called Fantastic Damage and it came out a few years back. He's not my favorite MC from Def Jux but he's pretty good, kindof dark.

did anyone see him on mtv's "i'm from rolling stone"?

El-P is a missy piggy-lookin' leprechaun

Does EL-P MC now; yes he always has. EL-P was the lead emcee in Company Flow. Does anybody remember that "diss track" EL-P recorded for Sole when EL-P played minutes worth of a telephone conversation in which Sole professed his undying love for EL? Hysterical. I haven't checked the dates, but I imagine if EL-P plays Coachella with anybody it would probably be Cage who is on tour or going on tour soon.

Hey elslovene -- Does your name mean that you are from Slovenia? Just curious...

I'm a big El-P fan... or at least I was a while back. He's probably a better producer than an MC though. I liked when GV brought the entire Def Jux crew to Coachella a few years back... although the crowd really thinned out of that tent about a half hour into their set.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    EL-P's production has never really been that impressive IMO. Makes one wonder if he would have so much released music if he didn't own Def Jux.

I stopped listening to his stuff years ago. Does he MC now? I thought he was just a producer.
    this has got to be the most uninformed post i've ever seen in my life. Maybe you should think twice before opening your mouth about stuff you have no idea about.

Go listen to fantastic damage again, maybe get some company flow tracks, go on www.ohhla.com for the lyrics, and get back to me about him as an emcee.

I think the point was that he didn't know and he was asking a question. The uninformedness was self evident.

Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    I think the point was that he didn't know and he was asking a question. The uninformedness was self evident.

Relax.
    the point is that he formed an opinion out of thin air like he's some sort of cloud of great knowledge and dropped it on us like he's god of rap.

and to boot he didn't know what he was talking about. this is a message board son, i got the right ta.

Of course. But you didn't read what he wrote the same way I did then, because what I read was him saying:
    EL-P's production has never really been that impressive IMO.
    Does he MC now?
    which, as I read it, doesn't say anything negative about him as an MC. Then you said:
    Go listen to fantastic damage again, maybe get some company flow tracks, go on www.ohhla.com for the lyrics, and get back to me about him as an emcee.
    Remember, he asked if he was an MC, because he didn't know. Implying that he hasn't heard Fantastic Damage or any other material.

the point is that he formed an opinion out of thin air like he's some sort of cloud of great knowledge and dropped it on us like he's god of rap.
    I also disagree with this assessment.

Of course. But you didn't read what he wrote the same way I did then, because what I read was him saying:

which, as I read it, doesn't say anything negative about him as an MC. Then you said:

Remember, he asked if he was an MC, because he didn't know. Implying that he hasn't heard Fantastic Damage or any other material.
    you're full on bonkers man.

dude DISSED el-p when he said he doesn't think he that great of a producer, giving an uninformed opion and then stating that he doesn't listen to him very much which makes my point valid.

I gave him the instructions to listen to fantastic damage and get the lyrics because he didn't know that he emceed, thereby giving him better insight and then being able to form a vaild opinion.

you took what I said as negative because I was telling the truth. Get off my Aidz bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

I have a hard time understanding you.

How does disliking someone's production and stating that infer uninformedness? Isn't that just an opinion?

Also - is uninformedness a word?
    Last edited by full on idle; 01-24-2007 at 11:43 AM.

I have a hard time understanding you.
    and you always will, because you don't have aidz.
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

Well, okay.

Well, okay.
    lol :P

Lurker

RJD2 is no longer a part of DefJux

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGwenPlease View Post
    you're full on bonkers man.

dude DISSED el-p when he said he doesn't think he that great of a producer, giving an uninformed opion and then stating that he doesn't listen to him very much which makes my point valid.

I gave him the instructions to listen to fantastic damage and get the lyrics because he didn't know that he emceed, thereby giving him better insight and then being able to form a vaild opinion.

you took what I said as negative because I was telling the truth. Get off my Aidz bitch.
    Asswipe,
    How the fukk do you even pretend to know what I am or am not informed of? I said he wasn't that impressive IMO. Do you know what IMO even stands for?

Somebody doesn't agree with your taste in music so they automatically don't know what they're talking about? You are the worst type of snob. I own fantastic damage, douchebag. I've heard the old company flow stuff. I was listening to this stuff for the last 7 or 8 years and got over it because there's far better music out there than EL-fukkingP. EL-P is relatively boring to me. Even the most obscure anticon producer is more interesting than he is. I've heard countless local small-timers better. I'm convinced that if his famous jazz legend father hadn't bankrolled def jux nobody would have ever heard of him. The only reason he's at coachella is because GV wants to maintain a good relationship with def jux.

My opinion is informed by years of listening to the music. A little while after Fantastic Damage I gave up on him and stopped paying attention. I was only paying attention to the production. His MC skills are not memorable. (EDIT: in fact I've just now gone back and listened to some of it for the first time in years and the guy sounds like a retard on too much caffeine)

You're an ignorant retard. Pull the stick out of your ass and go get some better taste in music.
    Last edited by jackstraw94086; 01-24-2007 at 03:32 PM.

Ok, so yeah, I guess he was dissing him. I retract my statements. I'm outta here!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon View Post
    Hey elslovene -- Does your name mean that you are from Slovenia? Just curious...

I'm a big El-P fan... or at least I was a while back. He's probably a better producer than an MC though. I liked when GV brought the entire Def Jux crew to Coachella a few years back... although the crowd really thinned out of that tent about a half hour into their set.
    Curmudgeon--Hey, I'm not from Slovenia; I was born and raised in the U.S. My maternal grandparents were from Slovenia and proud of it. How about you?

haha, i'm glad Jack came back to clear that up. I like El-P
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by elslovene View Post
    Does anybody remember that "diss track" EL-P recorded for Sole when EL-P played minutes worth of a telephone conversation in which Sole professed his undying love for EL?

Quote Originally Posted by CiderMouseRules View Post
    El-P is a missy piggy-lookin' leprechaun

Quote Originally Posted by CiderMouseRules View Post
    Doesn't "Dear Elpee" can of remind you of Eminem's "Stan" unintentionally of course.

Well, Stan reminds me of Dear El-Pee. Dear El-Pee hit when I was in high school... back then, it was the greatest song ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    Somebody doesn't agree with your taste in music so they automatically don't know what they're talking about?

The only reason he's at coachella is because GV wants to maintain a good relationship with def jux.

You're an ignorant retard. Pull the stick out of your ass and go get some better taste in music.

you are such a jackass. You just proved my entire point, that you were dissing El-p.
    The fact that you're telling me that because i like el-p I have a bad taste in music is the same thing as me telling you that you have bad taste in music for not liking him.

Don't contradict yourself when you're trying to diss someone. And I have fantastic taste in music or else I wouldn't be excited for at least 50 of the bands that are going to coachella and knew them BEFORE the list went up.

and the reason he's at coachella is because he's going to drop another classic album relatively soon. You're opinion is your opinion and that's all it is so sit behind your little computer screen and diss legends with bad humor all you want, but nobody is going to laugh but you.

bitch.