Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know @ Fastboy Slim - guy that got really sick - what happened? Is he ok?

Lurker

Default Does anyone know @ Fastboy Slim - guy that got really sick - what happened? Is he ok?

Just wondering if anyone was at the Fatboy Slim set and saw that guy - I think having a seizure. His friend was desperately trying to get him out of the crowd. They were too far for me to help but I was so shaken by what I saw, I had to leave the show. And I couldn't get him out of my mind. Anyone know if he was ok???
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
    “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” ― Lao Tzu
    “Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.” ― George Carlin
    “None but ourselves can free our minds.” ― Bob Marley

Default Re: Does anyone know @ Fastboy Slim - guy that got really sick - what happened? Is he

Unfortunately, I heard a guy died not sure if it was the same person you're talking about though

http://pitchfork.com/news/54842-coac...g-at-festival/

Default Re: Does anyone know @ Fastboy Slim - guy that got really sick - what happened? Is he

It was a girl actually ..

Quote Originally Posted by jarrif1985 View Post
    Unfortunately, I heard a guy died not sure if it was the same person you're talking about though

http://pitchfork.com/news/54842-coac...g-at-festival/
    You're a fucking idiot

eidt: you corrected yourself, but you're still a fucking idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Lurker

The person I saw was definitely a guy. But wow - these stories make me really sad.

Thanks for the reply @jarriff1985
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
    “A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” ― Lao Tzu
    “Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.” ― George Carlin
    “None but ourselves can free our minds.” ― Bob Marley

Not the same guy - but on Sunday I went by the medic tents with a friend, and saw a guy come in on a stretcher - face down - vomiting foam and also having seizures. The guy had taken 10 pills, cocaine and two hits of acid. He ended up being alright after being hooked up to an IV and monitored. He looked worse than death.

Another guy however was taken to a hospital - and they closed his tent / bed chamber off, since he'd vomited blood all over it.

Going to the medic tents in the campgrounds is a different sort of chella experience - Scary Chella.

Quote Originally Posted by chadmims View Post
    Not the same guy - but on Sunday I went by the medic tents with a friend, and saw a guy come in on a stretcher - face down - vomiting foam and also having seizures. The guy had taken 10 pills, cocaine and two hits of acid. He ended up being alright after being hooked up to an IV and monitored. He looked worse than death.

Another guy however was taken to a hospital - and they closed his tent / bed chamber off, since he'd vomited blood all over it.

Going to the medic tents in the campgrounds is a different sort of chella experience - Scary Chella.

I don't get it... what that fuck is wrong with some people?

I'm all for legalizing certain drugs and promoting a responsible use and people like this make it really hard to go to our reps and make that case.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

All good things come in moderation...
    Woodstock '94 and '99, Phish Fest '99, Moe. down '00, Gathering of the Vibes '00-'03, Rock the Bells '07, Sunset Strip Music Festival '11
    Coachella W2 2013, Bottle Rock Napa Valley 2013, Outside Lands 2013, Uproar Festival Chula Vista 2013, NIN @ Staples Center 8.11.2013
    Phish @ SPAC 7.4.2014
    Crosby, Stills and Nash @ Bethel Woods 7.5.2014
    The Hudson Project 7.10-7.13.2014
    Motley Crue @ Chula Vista, CA 7.30.2014
    Outside Lands 8.8-8.10.2014
    NIN and Soundgarden @ Chula Vista, CA 8.21.2014

i had to go to the Medical Tent for a little clean up on a scraped knee. i saw the work they do and they do a great job of giving care to those in need. Hopefully none of us are in a situation to require medical attention while at Coachella. In the event you do, awesome people will be helping you. Please don't put yourself there by being stupid though by putting way too much of substances in your body. i like to think people who choose to drink or do drugs must have had some learning curve and should know what is too much, but we all know that isn't the case with some sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by chadmims View Post

How do you know exactly what and how much he took? Did you give it to him? Some friend you are..

In all of my Coachella years I've never heard so many ambulances go by our house as they did this year's...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gallo1129 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone was at the Fatboy Slim set and saw that guy - I think having a seizure. His friend was desperately trying to get him out of the crowd. They were too far for me to help but I was so shaken by what I saw, I had to leave the show. And I couldn't get him out of my mind. Anyone know if he was ok???
    Norman Cook was getting really sick
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

I wonder if there are statistics of that for every year.

Saturday evening of weekend 2 on the road next to the outdoor stage there was a guy tripping balls who was being held down by EMTs. Not sure what entirely happened but from what I heard he started getting violent, and when confronted by security instigated physical contact. They brought in EMTs and I saw them get out an IV.

It's surprising with the sheer number of people obviously there for the first time and going out of their minds with the freedom there aren't far more instances of this.

Quote Originally Posted by imademilwaukee View Post
    How do you know exactly what and how much he took? Did you give it to him? Some friend you are..
    I was sitting inside the tent and medic went into his area and closed the canvas curtain.
    The partition was literally a canvas curtain. It wasn't hard to overhear.

Quote Originally Posted by Axtell View Post
    Saturday evening of weekend 2 on the road next to the outdoor stage there was a guy tripping balls who was being held down by EMTs. Not sure what entirely happened but from what I heard he started getting violent, and when confronted by security instigated physical contact. They brought in EMTs and I saw them get out an IV.

It's surprising with the sheer number of people obviously there for the first time and going out of their minds with the freedom there aren't far more instances of this.
    Can you describe that person? Do you remember the color of his shirt, or hair color? I'm curious because I may know that person.

Friday night weekend 2, during Chromeo, some dude lying on the ground with a red shirt security suddenly appeared before me. I think he ate wayyyyyyy too much molly, (rubbing his hair, rolling on the ground, rubbing against the grass), dude was way too out of it for it to end well. He kept trying to flee the scene and started taking off his clothes, more security came and he started physically resisting. they let some girl from the crowd try pin him down, (or maybe she just joined? was still trying to watch the show) but it didn't work. More red and blue shirts come, and they're forcibly pulling his shorts back over his ass. then the PD came and took him away.

Saturday during Queens of the Stone Age this obnoxious tripping girl in pink hotpants was running around shouting nonsense in people's faces. I think she was trying to start a fight, the last I saw she aggressively threw water on some group that was just chilling and ran into the crowd. I wonder if someone ended up clocking her.

Quote Originally Posted by gallo1129 View Post
    Yeah, that was me. I ended up okay, it was a relatively mild seizure. I had just partied a little too hard and that in combination with the lack of sleep, poor diet, lights, loud noise, and strenuous physical exertion was too much I guess. We went to the med tent and they hydrated me, took my blood pressure, and after about 30 minutes I was all good.

Quote Originally Posted by murphy13 View Post
    Yeah, that was me. I ended up okay, it was a relatively mild seizure. I had just partied a little too hard and that in combination with the lack of sleep, poor diet, lights, loud noise, and strenuous physical exertion was too much I guess. We went to the med tent and they hydrated me, took my blood pressure, and after about 30 minutes I was all good.
    Excellent first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by murphy13 View Post
    So good to hear! Take care of yourself!

Bullshit

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

No I think it's true. When they guy was getting carried out I heard all his bros yelling "Murrrrrrph!"
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    No I think it's true. When they guy was getting carried out I heard all his bros yelling "Murrrrrrph!"
    LOL, Murphy is my dog's name. I was wearing a white and green hawaiin reyn spooner shirt (which I may have taken off at that point) and dark grey shorts, and the friend in question with me was a fairly large redhead with a beard, if OP or anyone who thinks they witnessed it wants to verify what they remember seeing. Makes no difference though, I know it was me regardless :P.

I hope you've learned something from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron808 View Post
    I hope you've learned something from that.
    Go fuck yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Ron808 was your comment really necessary?

It's highly unusual that there person spoken about comes around to respond.

welcome Murphy13

glad ur okay
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Glad you're all good, Reyn Spooner rocks too

Quote Originally Posted by catherineparr View Post
    Saturday during Queens of the Stone Age this obnoxious tripping girl in pink hotpants was running around shouting nonsense in people's faces. I think she was trying to start a fight, the last I saw she aggressively threw water on some group that was just chilling and ran into the crowd. I wonder if someone ended up clocking her.
    I almost clocked that bitch. Walking away from the Queens set she jumped in front of my group and screamed directly in our faces, pushing one of us. Out of her mind this girl

The only weekend I've never had to help someone out was Weekend 1 this year. It's hot and people make bad decisions.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)