Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: An honest discussion about how Coachella has changed. Some say for the worse.

Default Re: An honest discussion about how Coachella has changed. Some say for the worse.

The people complaining about this thread are bros themselves. See them standing shirtless comparing pecs and banal tattoos.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Default Re: An honest discussion about how Coachella has changed. Some say for the worse.

Eh, it's still fine.
    06, 08-14

I think many of us just have attended too many fests / shows . It loses it's magic like anything in life . You start noticing the flaws in things . Marry the most beautiful person in the world and you'll find flaws eventually . The fact is it's a great festival and the complaints are more about us music addicts , not the fest . A headlining set from a band in a proper venue , with less people and better sound is just more fun after a while than massives. It's still a great way to pack in a bunch of concerts for a good value . We just don't care for the crowds . Appreciate it for what it is , a discounted massive amount concerts in great weather and mostly very nice people.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

coachella has evolved is all - the old days are gone - better or worse im going back for weekend 2

i have a cousin who is going for weekend 2 and the only acts he knows are outkast,nas and pharrell...he use to make fun of me for going to coachella..and now these type of people are who are attracted to this..how long before GV stops trying to reunite bands? it's pretty sad that the replacements crowd was shit..you don't have to like them..but a legendary band like them shouldn't give GV the privilege..that's why i was so fuckin happy they decided to reunite at riot fest.. i know a talking heads reunion will never happen..but do you honestly think it would be a big draw if they it did happen on the polo fields? it'd be a fuckin joke....so i think the problem is the taste in music with people these days..so GV is catering to them
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

the only thing that really annoyed me this year was all the damn selfies being taken. But honestly, this year had one of the more nicer crowds that I have dealt with in the last 5 years (this was my 14th Coachella). That being said, the line up is only as good as the available acts. All the other festival's line ups have proved its an off year for line ups. I still found plenty of music to watch and enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Complaining "Coachella's changed" is so 2010. get over it.
    No. It's so 2012. '10 was an anomaly. '11 made for welcome change. '12 was where the element really reared it's ugly head. IME.

I adore noobs. NOT all of them. But we were all noobs once. I feel pretty lucky that I tend to gravitate to people somewhat similar to me. We like or have very passionate feelings about music, we're somewhat intelligent/open minded on some levels. We accept that we have differences in some tastes of music or other aspects of life. I may notice but don't let it bother me when I notice total douchebaggary at the festival. There are 80K + people there. It is an entire city. There are going to be a-holes. The enjoyment of the festival really has a lot to do with how you are choosing to react to outside stimuli. Nobody "makes" you mad. You choose to be mad. I choose to be lucky if I get to catch a few sets. I choose to work and I realize I won't get to see a lot.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

PF

I'm bummed I didn't meet you. I have a feeling we were in very close proximity a couple of times, but our mojoes were not meant to meet. Someday…...

Ugh, I have such mix feelings. I have been making bitch posts like these for years... but I still manage to a great time at Coachella. It's mostly due to my friends and a few great sets. I'm an electronic music fan, but feel there is hardly any decent good electronic music at the festival anymore.. and the Sahara is fucking annoying.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

So what do you propose exactly? You honestly made a thread JUST to complain? I'm not exactly sure, but this is the line-up section not the whine like a little bitch section.

Moving forward, Coachella is like everything and it will only get bigger in time. Thankfully it still contains a lot of good music. What's the problem? How can you fix this instead of just complaining about it. Don't like it? Don't go, simple.

You should be happy that a festival you once loved is now open to more people, even though it's not the same as before. However, it still contains the same essence of seeing new music and enjoying the polo fields. Stop worrying about the people around you and go with people who have the same mindset as you. Or stay home and listen to all the "cool" shit you listen to because no one wants to be around a whiny little prick.

Either way... no one gives a fuck what you think. Reality ~_~

/THREAD

^Looks like You "gave a fuck" enough to respond to the post eh dickhead? Reality ~_~

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I think you may want to tread lightly with sonicc
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX_clothing View Post
    ^Looks like You "gave a fuck" enough to respond to the post eh dickhead? Reality ~_~
    Someone has to put some sense into your head. Think of it as doing charity work. You do it to feel better for yourself, yet you know NOTHING is going to change. Oh well...

Also, I'm drinking a Diet Mountain Dew watching YouTube prank videos. I have absolutely nothing better to do at this moment. Don't feel too special.

P.S. Diet Mountain Dew is not nearly as good as the original.

Here's what a Diet Mountain Dew can looks like for all those wondering.

Fun fact:

Lana Del Rey has a song called: Diet Mountain Dew, ain't that something!

Here's the song:

I wonder if she had Diet Mountain Dew on her artist rider for Coachella.

Lulz

She probably didn't.

Let's be honest. sonicc sucks.

Sonic ran , it was cirby that sucked ?

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    You guys know there are Bros in the grocery store and at the gas station and everywhere in the world. there is shit music on the radio and everywhere you turn. so theres gonna be some of that at Coachella. there always is. This is coming from an 11 year veteran. People need to get the fuck over this whole, Everyone that goes to coachella now isnt like me and doesnt share my exact taste in music. Who gives a fuck if there are people at coachella that dress in neon tank tops and kanye glasses and have abs? There was SOOO much amazing music and so much awesome art and SOOO many cool people this year. My camping neighbors were awesome and i rocked out with a ton of strangers to some great music.

People love to complain about Coachella. Especially the ones that have never been. I am over trying to convert people. This year really was a testament of faith being kept in Coachella. I wanted to sell my tickets this year when I saw the lineup. Definitely one of the weaker lineups I have initially seen on the poster in the past 11 years. But oh my god, I had one of the best times ever this year and saw SOO much Amazing music. If you didnt have a good time this year, you were clearly in the wrong places at the wrong times hanging with the wrong crowd.
    well said.

even with all the assholes that go to coachella (and every other event) there are always great people that I run into and have a good time with. some years there are more than others, but if like begets like, then normal, decent people beget normal, decent people. I was really disappointed in this line up too, and like you, I wound up having one of the best weekends in the desert in my 10 years.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Let's be honest. sonicc sucks.
    I'm realistic. This guy says Coachella should be 40 people with acts that once charged shit money. They are now asking for half a million a show (Radiohead, The Prodigy, etc..).

Unless you want GoldenVoice to go bankrupt and Coachella will be non-existent, they need to add "commercial" acts that attract younger crowds that seem "stupid" for you old folks.

Time to grab another Diet Mountain Dew.

I would like photo proof of your marketing degree, please.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I would like photo proof of your marketing degree, please.
    No, you said I suck. You blew it.

Damn. So close.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    You guys know there are Bros in the grocery store and at the gas station and everywhere in the world. there is shit music on the radio and everywhere you turn. so theres gonna be some of that at Coachella. there always is. This is coming from an 11 year veteran. People need to get the fuck over this whole, Everyone that goes to coachella now isnt like me and doesnt share my exact taste in music. Who gives a fuck if there are people at coachella that dress in neon tank tops and kanye glasses and have abs? There was SOOO much amazing music and so much awesome art and SOOO many cool people this year. My camping neighbors were awesome and i rocked out with a ton of strangers to some great music.

People love to complain about Coachella. Especially the ones that have never been. I am over trying to convert people. This year really was a testament of faith being kept in Coachella. I wanted to sell my tickets this year when I saw the lineup. Definitely one of the weaker lineups I have initially seen on the poster in the past 11 years. But oh my god, I had one of the best times ever this year and saw SOO much Amazing music. If you didnt have a good time this year, you were clearly in the wrong places at the wrong times hanging with the wrong crowd.
    preach

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    I may notice but don't let it bother me when I notice total douchebaggary at the festival. There are 80K + people there. It is an entire city. There are going to be a-holes. The enjoyment of the festival really has a lot to do with how you are choosing to react to outside stimuli. Nobody "makes" you mad. You choose to be mad.
    exactly
    Last edited by GolfWang; 04-16-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Lurker

So you "supported" the festival in the inaugural years by sneaking in and not paying for a ticket?

Sweet.