Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was up with the shuttles this weekend?

Default Re: What was up with the shuttles this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    Getting back to the hotel at 4am after Friday's set is inexcusable. It's going to take some legit guarantees in order for me to use the shuttles again.
    Sounds like blue line

White line.

Almost an hour wait yesterday for White line to pick up at Saguaro. When I called Valley Music Travel, I got a message saying all customer service reps were busy to send an email instead. Maybe Coachella is logistically too difficult for Valley Music Travel. In its fourth year, things should run more smoothly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Given the numbers of people being serviced, I think that the minor problems experienced is kind of expected...surprised there weren't more honestly. But the wait was pretty inconvenient. It took about an hour to get to/from Palm Desert with NO waiting. I think Friday night took 90 minutes to get back because of the line. I really missed camping/lake Eldorado and getting back to my tent and sleeping 10 minutes after the music ended each night. I'm also not fond of the shuttles STARTING at 11am, when that's when the festival gates open. So you spend a lot more money on a hotel package and then they can't even get you to the venue when it actually starts?

I'm glad I can say I finally tried the whole hotel thing at least once (a real bed was nice), but I can safely say I am never doing this again. I care about the festival too much and value my time there too much to waste so much time sitting in a hotel room or on a shuttle bus or standing in a line to get on a shuttle bus.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Any of you guys who experienced any problems with the shuttles, it would be greatly appreciated if you would take my friend's quick transportation survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Coachellafestival

The survey is completely anonymous, and the info will be used for her graduate degree professional project. It only takes around 10 minutes to complete the survey and would be of great assistance to my friend. Thanks.
    Last edited by RevDru; 04-19-2014 at 12:12 PM.
    I hope to someday die of spontaneous human combustion, and in my final moments, I want to give each and every one of you a hug.

If you have at least a couple people in your group and one of them doesn't mind driving, a rental car isn't that much more than shuttle passes.

A DUI is though.

Right. Guess I should've said "one of them doesn't mean being the designated driver". Maybe I just never have enough spare time in the beergardens to get tanked at Coachella.

I'm glad I left at 12:50 on Saturday night, because I was waiting quite a while for my shuttle (White Line) since they didn't even have any ready when I got to the front of the line, and the line looked far worse once I finally got on.

The only problem I had with the drivers, though, was on the Sunday night ride home when the driver took the most convoluted way back possible. Got on the 10 normally, then exited and took Bob Hope Dr. all the way down to highway 111 in Rancho Mirage, and then sort of backpedaled from there to Palm Springs. Not a huge delay but kind of annoyed me when I just wanted to get the hell to bed.

Also, for some reason only my Friday shuttles were playing any music.