Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 436

Thread: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

  1. #31
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,675

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    After I saw how cheap tickets were for weekend 2 last year I knew to get used to Skrilly Dilly's face. And I understand why you are mad but don't you understand you don't get Kast, Knife, Beck, Replacement, Ferry, NMH, Woodkid without Skrillex, Calvin, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

  2. #32

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    The lineup last year wasn't this heavy on the cheese and they still sold out both weekends extremely fast.
    but the Sahara was still there (and full of the edm cheese OP is talking about). when I say "primavera-type" lineup I'm envisioning a coachella w/out the Sahara as currently curated

  3. #33
    Member Sensuality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ross1492 View Post
    move to 2 weekends dictated the booking strategy imo. I know some on here will say that gv could move 180,000 tickets irrespective of the lineup but I don't believe that. the Sahara acts and radio-friendly pop acts ensure a sellout. Does anyone really think they'd continue to enjoy the financial success they currently do by offering up, say, a primavera type lineup over the course of the 2 weekends?
    Ticket sales would absolutely be down if this were to happen, but there are also no available numbers on how many people would have gone if not for the lightning-fast sellouts for BOTH weekends in the last few years. Demand is through the roof, and if the undesirables that frequent the Sahara were out of the picture, there would be others to pick up the slack... The question is, would there be enough to ensure sellouts both weekends?
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

  4. #34
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,119

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    The sad thing about it is, really, that they don't put any interesting acts in the Sahara any more, so none of these young kids who are just getting into it have an opportunity to accidentally stumble on something that will make them dig deeper. Have 2 or 3 real DJs that know how to work a big room (not asking for Voices From The Lake, but maybe Kevin Saunderson or Francois K or someone) sprinkled in with the filth. I mean, I guess that runs the risk of ruining good sets with shitty crowds, or a half empty tent or whatever, but I'm sure in the past someone who was there for Hardwell accidentally saw something new to them and started exploring. That's just not going to happen. Maybe the Yuma makes all of that irrelevant now, I don't know. They just could strike a better balance is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

  5. #35

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    I think a lot of us have nothing against EDM itself. It's the people it attracts. People who are there just to do drugs, rave with glow paint, not wear deodorant, and raise their arms and yell "SUP!" every time they bump into you while drunkenly waddling back over to the Sahara. Those people already have EDC, Ultra, HARD, Electric Zoo, etc., so it's a shame to see the larger music festivals turning into those. For rock and punk, events like FYF and Fun Fun Fun look more and more appealing each year, so it's hardly a dying festival medium. But unless Coachella and similar festivals decide to put all the EDM on a separate weekend (and I'm totally not opposed to that at all), people might just have to find something new.

  6. #36
    Member efrain44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    202

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    The lineup last year wasn't this heavy on the cheese and they still sold out both weekends extremely fast.
    I don't know why people keep saying that the lineup wasn't as EDM heavy last year. If anything it was way more so.

    Hardwell, Nicky Romero, Knife Party, Baauer, Bingo Players, Benny Benassi, Richie Hawtin, and tons more. I don't think it's the lineups that have anything to do with the size of the crowds. It's just that people want to be able to say they were at Coachella because that's what's "in" these days.

  7. #37
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,241

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Well who used to book the Sahara? It wasn't all bad so what signified this significant shift in quality?
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

  8. #38
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,241

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    I don't know why people keep saying that the lineup wasn't as EDM heavy last year. If anything it was way more so.

    Hardwell, Nicky Romero, Knife Party, Baauer, Bingo Players, Benny Benassi, Richie Hawtin, and tons more. I don't think it's the lineups that have anything to do with the size of the crowds. It's just that people want to be able to say they were at Coachella because that's what's "in" these days.
    "Cheese heavy" and "EDM heavy" are two very different things.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Place Where Breaking Bad Is Set
    Posts
    222

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by thepiratepenguin View Post
    I think a lot of us have nothing against EDM itself. It's the people it attracts. People who are there just to do drugs, rave with glow paint, not wear deodorant, and raise their arms and yell "SUP!" every time they bump into you while drunkenly waddling back over to the Sahara. Those people already have EDC, Ultra, HARD, Electric Zoo, etc., so it's a shame to see the larger music festivals turning into those. For rock and punk, events like FYF and Fun Fun Fun look more and more appealing each year, so it's hardly a dying festival medium. But unless Coachella and similar festivals decide to put all the EDM on a separate weekend (and I'm totally not opposed to that at all), people might just have to find something new.
    I think that's kind of my biggest problem with Coachella crowds. It's not their taste in music, it's the fact that they act like douchebags. I was sitting on the grass last year and a girl walked right into me, kicking me right in the face and then she and her boyfriend had the gall to blame me for it. I understand if you want to see Bastille and Skrillex instead of the Replacements and Neutral Milk Hotel. That I get. What I don't want is you getting fucked up and acting like you're the most important person in the world.

  10. #40
    Member Sensuality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by thepiratepenguin View Post
    I think a lot of us have nothing against EDM itself. It's the people it attracts.
    This. All of this. They're disrespectful, ignorant, and irresponsible.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    The sad thing about it is, really, that they don't put any interesting acts in the Sahara any more, so none of these young kids who are just getting into it have an opportunity to accidentally stumble on something that will make them dig deeper. Have 2 or 3 real DJs that know how to work a big room (not asking for Voices From The Lake, but maybe Kevin Saunderson or Francois K or someone) sprinkled in with the filth.
    I think you're giving the Sahara kids a little too much credit if you think they'd appreciate a master like Saunderson haha. I do see where you're coming from though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

  11. #41
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,119

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Not all of them. Not even a majority of them. And not right away. But it sets a couple of them down a path to becoming a grown up dance music fan instead of just dropping out of music altogether when they get exhausted by endless drops and thinking that that time they saw Calvin Harris at Coachella was the most fun they had in their lives.


    True fact: even though I liked IDM since I was like 14, it was until I was in my early 20s and caught Justice in the Sahara 2007 that I was able to let go enough to dance, which led me to be a better dance music fan in the long run since it no longer had to be all about the head but could be about the hips as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

  12. #42
    Member philabuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    I think it is correct to identify EDM cheese (but certainly not all EDM) as a "shallow trend." For that reason I have a "this too shall pass" attitude. One reason I can easily tolerate the cheese is that my son loves it and it has allowed him to be open to more interesting electronic music as well. He is still pissed however at having to listen to Aphex Twin in the Sahara in 2008 when he was 5.

  13. #43
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,241

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by thepiratepenguin View Post
    I think a lot of us have nothing against EDM itself. It's the people it attracts. People who are there just to do drugs, rave with glow paint, not wear deodorant, and raise their arms and yell "SUP!" every time they bump into you while drunkenly waddling back over to the Sahara. Those people already have EDC, Ultra, HARD, Electric Zoo, etc., so it's a shame to see the larger music festivals turning into those. For rock and punk, events like FYF and Fun Fun Fun look more and more appealing each year, so it's hardly a dying festival medium. But unless Coachella and similar festivals decide to put all the EDM on a separate weekend (and I'm totally not opposed to that at all), people might just have to find something new.
    As much as I hate the current ravetard crowd, I don't like the idea of keeping it separate. One of the things that originally attracted me to Coachella was how diverse the lineup was. To have all the EDM on a separate weekend would be a real shitty thing to do.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

  14. #44
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,119

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    I'd be pissed if I was 5 at that set too. My 22 year old self could only stare in disbelief and exhaustion by the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

  15. #45
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,829

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    brilliant

  16. #46
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,897

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by disch0rd View Post
    Let's cry about having mainstream artists of ANY genre play at one of the most mainstream festivals of our generation.
    that doesn't make any fucking sense. You're a fucking idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  17. #47
    Member Sensuality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    As much as I hate the current ravetard crowd, I don't like the idea of keeping it separate. One of the things that originally attracted me to Coachella was how diverse the lineup was. To have all the EDM on a separate weekend would be a real shitty thing to do.
    Great solution would be to make an all-mainstream "EDM" spin-off completely separate from the original Coachella, keep the smaller underground dance acts in the Yuma, and move all the other electronic acts into the Sahara. Think Disclosure, Simian Mobile Disco, DJ Shadow, Richie Hawtin, Chemical Brothers, etc. etc.

    I'm not stupid enough to think something this great would happen, but it would be a VAST improvement over the current model.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

  18. #48

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Great solution would be to make an all-mainstream "EDM" spin-off completely separate from the original Coachella, keep the smaller underground dance acts in the Yuma, and move all the other electronic acts into the Sahara. Think Disclosure, Simian Mobile Disco, DJ Shadow, Richie Hawtin, Chemical Brothers, etc. etc.

    I'm not stupid enough to think something this great would happen, but it would be a VAST improvement over the current model.
    We should get rid of the psych garbage too. Those smelly hippy weirdos ruin the rest of the fest. Give them a festival with the art so we can get that trash out of the way as well. Also top 40 should get its own fest. And the heavier punk stuff. And the 80s throwbacks. Honestly lets just get rid of anything that I'm uncomfortable with.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

  19. #49
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,564

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    you don't get Kast, Knife, Beck, Replacement, Ferry, NMH, Woodkid without Skrillex, Calvin, etc
    Coachella lineups 99-09 would care to disagree with you. There was always a little cheese sprinkled in to hold shit together, but it was never the focus of the Sahara.

    While we are on the subject of Sahara dolts. It is pronounced sa-hair-uh, not sa-har-uh. These kids can't even pronounce the tent they stay in all weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

  20. #50
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,119

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    We should get rid of the psych garbage too. Those smelly hippy weirdos ruin the rest of the fest. Give them a festival with the art so we can get that trash out of the way as well. Also top 40 should get its own fest. And the heavier punk stuff. And the 80s throwbacks. Honestly lets just get rid of anything that I'm uncomfortable with.
    The difference is, that stuff is part of Coachella's history. They always booked those kinds of bands. For ten years, they booked that stuff. And they booked dance music acts, but they weren't this shit. Some of us are huge electronic music fans. This stuff got shoehorned in a couple of years ago and seems to be taking over after 10 years of completely different styles of artists being booked. And the huge problem with it is that this mainstream EDM shit is so prevalent, you can see any of these acts about five times a year in any part of the country, year after year. It's like if you watched Mad Men for five seasons for its subtle drama and complexity and then all of the sudden they added Charlie Sheen in season 6 because Sheen sells man! I get why they do it, but it's a style of music that is overexposed so allow it to hold an increasingly larger sway over something that's unique and provides something that's hard to get. You can take the radio EDM out of Coachella and those kids will still have about 100 options to get a very similar experience. That's not really true the other way around. I think this stuff really dilutes the diversity of Coachella instead of emboldening it.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

  21. #51
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,881

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    move all the other electronic acts into the Sahara. Think Disclosure, Simian Mobile Disco, DJ Shadow, Richie Hawtin, Chemical Brothers, etc. etc.

    I'm not stupid enough to think something this great would happen, but it would be a VAST improvement over the current model.
    For the record, this is EXACTLY how it used to be.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  22. #52

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    I loved the Yuma tent. Fuck ya for the underground. Keep it real.

    The Sahara tent has sounded exactly the same for the last 4 years. Every time I go by it, I swear that the same fucking record is playing....for the last 4 years. I totally agree with Sensuality. Fill that tent full of awesome acts like Justice and The Chemical Brothers, or Orbital and The Prodigy. Have Plastikman fuck it up. Why not? Empire of the Sun seemed to do well there....and they are not even really electronic music (IMO). Stop bringing lame ass cheese DJs that really don't do anything creative. Bring on the heavy fucking hitters to the Yuma tent. Carl Cox. Kenny Larkin. Even David Guetta. Is anybody shocked that the best DJs of the weekend were not even at Coachella? They were at the fucking Hard Rock Hotel.

    So much crappy EDM shit has turned this old school raver away, and I refuse to set foot in the Sahara - especially with the pushy ass crowds. I wandered and fully enjoyed all of the rock acts that I saw. Muse, Arcade Fire, The Cult, MGMT, Jagwar Ma....great stuff.
    They heard me singing and they told me to STOP.

  23. #53
    Member chbludevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    765

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Has the "EDM Cheese scene" reached its apex yet? or are we still skyrocketing towards it? Once it reaches its apex at least we will know that the inevitable downswing is coming with it.

  24. #54
    Member Sensuality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    For the record, this is EXACTLY how it used to be.
    I mean, there was always SOME trash in there, it just wasn't ALL trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

  25. #55
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,429

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    I guess that runs the risk of ruining good sets with shitty crowds
    This would suck more than having to deal with the element outside of The Sahara.

  26. #56

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    The difference is, that stuff is part of Coachella's history. They always booked those kinds of bands. For ten years, they booked that stuff. And they booked dance music acts, but they weren't this shit. Some of us are huge electronic music fans. This stuff got shoehorned in a couple of years ago and seems to be taking over after 10 years of completely different styles of artists being booked. And the huge problem with it is that this mainstream EDM shit is so prevalent, you can see any of these acts about five times a year in any part of the country, year after year. It's like if you watched Mad Men for five seasons for its subtle drama and complexity and then all of the sudden they added Charlie Sheen in season 6 because Sheen sells man! I get why they do it, but it's a style of music that is overexposed so allow it to hold an increasingly larger sway over something that's unique and provides something that's hard to get. You can take the radio EDM out of Coachella and those kids will still have about 100 options to get a very similar experience. That's not really true the other way around. I think this stuff really dilutes the diversity of Coachella instead of emboldening it.
    The first Coachella had The Chemical Brothers, Underworld, Moby, Roni Size, Plastikman, Amon Tobin, Kid Koala, Mr Scruff, Nightmares on Wax, The Wiseguys, Bassbin Twins, Christopher Lawrence, BT, DJ Shadow, Carl Craig.

    BT, The Wiseguys, Bassbin Twins, Underworld, Carl Craig, and The Chemical Brothers were all mainstream "radio EDM" at the time. The others have gone on to be respected "alt" musicians, but they would have been playing the same raves as the guys in the Sahara tent this year. Breakbeat has become alternative, but it was definitely in the mainstream in 1999.

    By the way, who exactly are you complaining about? I would say Calvin Harris, Zedd, Alesso, and Garrix are the only EDM you'd ever hear on the radio. The rest may not be to your taste, but its not "cheese radio trash"

    EDIT:
    Other "EDM Trash" from '00-'06: Paul Oakenfold, Fatboy Slim, Christopher Lawrence, Doc Martin, Photek, Adam Freeland, AK1200, Paul Oakenfold(again), Tiesto, BT(again), Pete Tong, DJ Dan, Mixmaster Mike, Bad Boy Bill, Christopher Lawrence(again), DJ Irene, Sander Kleinenberg, Basement Jaxx, Paul van Dyk, the Crystal Method, Ferry Corsten, Adam Freeland, Donald Glaude, Armin van Buuren, Junkie XL, Miss Kittin, Diplo, Paul Oakenfold (again), Kaskade, Benny Benassi.
    Last edited by thagorillaz; 04-15-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

  27. #57
    Member efrain44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    202

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    I'm starting to realize that putting two totally opposite generations in the same music festival is a terrible idea.

  28. #58
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,429

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    That transition started to happen about 4 years ago.

  29. #59
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,119

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    The first Coachella had The Chemical Brothers, Underworld, Moby, Roni Size, Plastikman, Amon Tobin, Kid Koala, Mr Scruff, Nightmares on Wax, The Wiseguys, Bassbin Twins, Christopher Lawrence, BT, DJ Shadow, Carl Craig.

    BT, The Wiseguys, Bassbin Twins, Underworld, Carl Craig, and The Chemical Brothers were all mainstream "radio EDM" at the time. The others have gone on to be respected "alt" musicians, but they would have been playing the same raves as the guys in the Sahara tent this year. Breakbeat has become alternative, but it was definitely in the mainstream in 1999.

    By the way, who exactly are you complaining about? I would say Calvin Harris, Zedd, Alesso, and Garrix are the only EDM you'd ever hear on the radio. The rest may not be to your taste, but its not "cheese radio trash"
    Those acts may have been fairly popular for electronic music, but most of them drew from a rich tradition of electronic and dance music, had distinctive sounds, and strove to push the artform forward in a way that was still appealing to a large audience. I can't say that about just about anything in the Sahara this year. That's who I'm talking about. Nearly every act, if not every act, in the Sahara. There are more electronic acts than ever before, and they keep drawing from the same small pool. And yeah, the Yuma makes up for it a bit, but it's still kind of a shame that those kinds of acts can't have a chance at the big stage with the ridiculous production because the people who have 100 festivals a year marketed towards them need that stage all to themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

  30. #60

    Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    It's gotten worse, there's no way you can look at the electronic lineup of say, 2008, and then the electronic lineup of 2014 and not say that there are FAR more terrible acts there. They've balanced things with the Yuma, but every single thing in the Sahara is full on terrible. Yeah, they had Calvin Harris, Fatboy Slim, and Does It Offend You Yeah? on there, but there weren't 20 mainstream cheesedick DJs who don't really DJ. It's not your wheelhouse, but just because Coachella had some bad dance music in the past doesn't mean it had this level.
    Don't forget that Calvin Harris was a nerdy live act at that time. RIP

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-22-2014, 08:29 PM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 10:23 PM
  3. "Its Hammer Time" Coachella Official Email
    By Monko in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 06:23 PM
  4. The "I Saw Jack Johnson and Had a Good Time" Thread
    By alpharuin in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 11:54 PM
  5. Ratio of "new" vs "old" and "exclusive" vs "mainstream"
    By Madigon in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •