Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

Default Re: It's time to get rid of the "EDM" cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    Outside lands managed to sell out........without a whole bunch of the cheese?
    Wrong.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    headlining festivals around the world. being "irrelevant"

Posting a pic of a music festival that took place LAST YEAR in June which features a lot of artists doesn't necessarily make you RELEVANT my dear friend.

Playing at a music festival doesn't make you relevant either. Creating a movement in dance music and breaking CURRENT records, does.

Look at OutKast - irrelevant as fuck and still headlined Coachella. TRAINWRECK CITY.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Tollet need to book that 9 year old kid. He has to pander to the audience at those events but when I saw him at Turbo Tax he brought the house down with his future tech bhangherz.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Calvin Harris TECHNICALLY HAD THE LARGEST CROWD EVER AT COACHELLA.

Dr. Dre & Snoop do NOT count since they are two separate artists.

Yet you guys argue that he is irrelevant and is no way an innovator in music while he breaks records at Coachella. You know... the reason of this forum.

FACTS > OPINIONS

Coachella Junkie

i should've known that was a useless effort.

impossible troll is impossible.

IT'S OFFICIAL

Calvin Harris is the biggest artist to perform at Coachella. When someone breaks this record, please let me know. I will PERSONALLY raise a glass filled with an ICE COLD IPA beer, letting the words "Ya got me there" come out of my mouth as my goblet sweats from the icey cold beverage.

Salute!

Wait til Nickelback headlines next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post

I'll take calvin harris over macklemore though
    Just cause you don't like Thrift Shop I'm betting. If you actually listen to his music before The Heist, he has some really good stuff. Yeah his cheesy shit like Thrift Shop and And We Dance, but then has some amazing songs like Otherside, The Town, Wings, White Privilege and a lot more. Also I rather have had Macklemore this year than Flatbush Zombies or 2 Chainz last year...
    2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

Upcoming Shows:

10/03 Odesza @ MHOW
    10/11 American Football & Into It. Over It. @ Webster Hall
    10/15 Flying Lotus @ T5
    10/16 Chet Faker @ Webster Hall
    10/17 Minus The Bear @ Gramercy Theater
    10/29 Brother Ali @ The Knitting Factory
    10/30 togetherPangea @ Bowery Ballroom
    11/08 The Polish Ambassador @ Irving Plaza
    11/13 CunninLynguists @ Webster Hall
    11/22 St. Lucia @ T5

Quote Originally Posted by RapidFireTollBooth View Post
    Just cause you don't like Thrift Shop I'm betting. If you actually listen to his music before The Heist, he has some really good stuff. Yeah his cheesy shit like Thrift Shop and And We Dance, but then has some amazing songs like Otherside, The Town, Wings, White Privilege and a lot more. Also I rather have had Macklemore this year than Flatbush Zombies or 2 Chainz last year...
    Nah, I just don't like him. Flatbush zombies are great, so was 2 chains.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

God. I never thought about it until now that parents would have to go raving to support their children instead of watching them play baseball or whatever. Brave new world.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    God. I never thought about it until now that parents would have to go raving to support their children instead of watching them play baseball or whatever. Brave new world.
    If my son became Calvin Harris, I'd be okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Calvin Harris TECHNICALLY HAD THE LARGEST CROWD EVER AT COACHELLA.

Dr. Dre & Snoop do NOT count since they are two separate artists.

Yet you guys argue that he is irrelevant and is no way an innovator in music while he breaks records at Coachella. You know... the reason of this forum.

FACTS > OPINIONS
    There are innovators that sell a shitload of records (Beatles, Sinatra, Jay-Z) and innovators that are just as brilliant that don't (VU, Patti Smith). There are vapid, talentless pukes that sell tons of records as well (Bieber, One Direction). That does not make them innovators. Point is record sales and innovators are not corrleative. Never have been.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

If my son became Calvin Harris, I'd be okay with that.
    Well, yeah, because Calvin Harris is talented and handsome. I mean, who else could draw such a large crowd? A real mensch, that one.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Does Calvin Harris even play any music from his I Created Disco album? I saw him in this weeks stream and live, partially in 2012, but don't remember him playing anything...

I saw Calvin Harris in 2007 in a vegas club for that album. That was fun. But he has been and will always be producing music for himself and many artists because he's really talented at it. Regardless of the noise it makes for some, radio is his destination now.
    Last edited by vogina; 04-17-2014 at 10:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Are you guys referring to Adam Richard Wiles?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Are you guys referring to Adam Richard Wiles?
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Did anyone else catch during Arcade Fire's set when Win Butler said "Shout out to all the artists that are playing instruments"? That really made me happy!

Although EDM isn't complete shit I still do believe it doesn't belong at Coachella. EDM just gets repetitive and it's unoriginal. And there are way to many bro's out there now.

Book Calvin Harris every year. Have him play all day on a dedicated stage. Anything to keep those fucking people away from me please.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

I spent no time at the Sahara, and very little time at the Coachella main stage. I think there is a pattern.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    There are innovators that sell a shitload of records (Beatles, Sinatra, Jay-Z) and innovators that are just as brilliant that don't (VU, Patti Smith). There are vapid, talentless pukes that sell tons of records as well (Bieber, One Direction). That does not make them innovators. Point is record sales and innovators are not corrleative. Never have been.
    According to who? That's your opinion my friend. Calvin drawing the largest crowd at Coachella proves your statement otherwise. Other DJs have played at the main stage and did not have the largest crowds. Mr. Harris draws people due to his good music which HE personally writes, produces, and sometimes sings on.

He also has produced and written songs for the likes of Kyle Minogue, Mary J Blige, Example, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Chris Brown and other strong names in the music industry. He's received awards for his song writing as well.

Calvin has also mentioned he knows how to play the drums, guitar, bass, piano as all of the sounds on his '18 Months' album are all real instrumentation rather than using shitty synths.

You comparing him to Bieber and One Direction is stupid to say the least as both of those acts are just popular for their image. Do some research before judging an artist you don't know SHIT about.
    Last edited by sonicc; 04-18-2014 at 12:10 AM.

According to who? That's your opinion my friend. Calvin drawing the largest crowd at Coachella proves your statement otherwise. Other DJs have played at the main stage and did not have the largest crowds. Mr. Harris draws people due to his good music which HE personally writes, produces, and sometimes sings on.

He also has produced and written songs for the likes of Kyle Minogue, Mary J Blige, Example, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Chris Brown and other strong names in the music industry. He's received awards for his song writing as well.

Calvin has also mentioned he knows how to play the drums, guitar, bass, piano as all of the sounds on his '18 Months' album are all real instrumentation rather than using shitty synths.

You comparing him to Bieber and One Direction is stupid to say the least as both of those acts are just popular for their image. Do some research before judging an artist you don't know SHIT about.
    I suggest you re-read my post. Nowhere in my post did I attack your beloved Calvin directly. And you're right, I haven't listened to his stuff (although I probably have been unknowingly inundated with it at various food, drink and retail places). My only point was that sales/popularity does not correlate with talent and influence. Not saying he does or doesn't have talent one way or the other. Don't know. Don't want to find out, really. But I must admit, you zinged me with the fact that he writes songs for Katy Perry and knows how to play instruments.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Calvin Harris did play live with a backing band back in 08.
    Tycho @ Granada Theatre 9/22 | Hercules & Love Affair live @ Club Dada 9/22 | Sam Smith @ House of Blues Dallas 10/9 | Hardkiss @ Dallas 10/10 | SBTRKT @ House of Blues Dallas 10/12 | Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ Austin 11/23

IT'S OFFICIAL

Calvin Harris is the biggest artist to perform at Coachella. When someone breaks this record, please let me know. I will PERSONALLY raise a glass filled with an ICE COLD IPA beer, letting the words "Ya got me there" come out of my mouth as my goblet sweats from the icey cold beverage.

Salute!
    Sonicc, you lost all credibility here. Everyone knows IPAs should not be ice cold but around45-50 degrees. You completely sap the flavor if its ice cold. Just another thing you are wrong about
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen702 View Post
    Did anyone else catch during Arcade Fire's set when Win Butler said "Shout out to all the artists that are playing instruments"? That really made me happy!

Although EDM isn't complete shit I still do believe it doesn't belong at Coachella. EDM just gets repetitive and it's unoriginal. And there are way to many bro's out there now.
    The most damning aspect of bro culture is that it's somehow convinced everyone that the plural of bro has a fucking apostrophe.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Lets all keep arguing with a trolling alias
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Yes, let's, it makes my time at work much more entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Trolling would be me making shit up. Everything I've said so far is backed up with solid facts.

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Verification with data is taking place.