Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IMPORTANT PLEASE READ - PICK POCKETS

Default Re: IMPORTANT PLEASE READ - PICK POCKETS

Ron cut the linings out of his pockets when he heard reports of little girls pickpocketing
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

yeah if you could get this sticky posted that would be great

i always try to use backpacks with not just a zipper closure but a drawstring as well. i feel like id be able to feel it more if someone was fucking with my drawstring. had no problems this year!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Passion Pit drew the biggest congregation of white people that couldn't dance that I've ever seen.

If someone bumps you or otherwise engages you in a bit of distraction, always immediately check your pack or pocket. Distraction is a prequel to pickpocketing, even if it's pleasant...

After reading this, read the worst crowds forum. Moving from Calvin Harris to Disclosure was the worst I have ever been in, don't even think about going to the beer tent or bathrooms at this time. (I was going to Beck.)And since people are holding hands up by their shoulders when you're smushed in, it leaves a lot of pockets exposed.

When I think of Coachella I still think of happy friendly classy people that would go out of their way to give someone back something that dropped on the ground..There may be some rare instances but I refuse to believe it's turned into a 3rd world shitfest like this thread may suggest.

I'm going stick my dick in my back pocket. Surprise!
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Probably the same small Asian chicks working the frozen lemonade stand-saying their tips were going to charity.

I only had one instance when I thought someone was messing with my backpack zippers but with a gang of people all behind you it seems like the pickpocket would get called out immediately.

at night during day 1 my friend was passed out asleep in VIP and I left my bag with him while I talked to some other people I had just met.
    once we parted ways I walked back over to my asleep friend and picked my bag up to go get food and some dude stopped me demanding that I wake my friend up and confirm that the bag was in fact mine and I wasn't just stealing from a dude dead asleep in the grass. I felt a little disrespected that he thought I'd be stealing from someone but he didn't know me, or the situation. He said he'd do the same if I was asleep too. It's all love.

I put my phone in one front pocket and my wallet in the other. Then, I tie a bandana through the front and side belt loops and let it drape over the pocket holding my wallet. Just one more small obstacle that would help catch someone in the act, or something that would hopefully act as a stronger deterrent.

I use the power of jesus as my deterrent.

I don't know what can be done but someone needs to do something about these Asians, Mexicans and Blacks.
    I'd do suprefan.

And those crazy Australians, Germans, and Frenchies.

Don't forget Desis and Persians either. lol
    Dusky @ Kingdom Austin 8/1
    Doc Scott @ It'll Do 8/6
    Roy Davis Jr. @ It'll Do 8/7
    Marcus Intalex @ Green Elephant 8/15
    DJ Red Eye's Birthday Bash with Kevin Saunderson @ It'll Do 8/16
    Hernan Cattaneo b2b Nick Warren and Guy J @ Kingdom Austin 8/31
    Tycho @ Granada Theatre 9/22
    Sam Smith @ House of Blues Dallas 10/9
    SBTRKT @ House of Blues Dallas 10/12
    Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1
    Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8
    Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13

Quote Originally Posted by notafuccboi View Post
    Be wary of the trash management people, I've seen numerous shady workers during the night. Thankfully they have numbers this year so they can be identified and reported to whoever is in charge.
    me & my girl went back to our campsite on saturday night around the time skrillex was playing, and we were laying down on our mattress behind our car (kinda hiden away), and some trash management/blue shirt person comes walking into our campsite (it was dark, we has a huge site, 3 cars wide.) with her flashlight looking around at all our shit. My girl goes "can i help you?" and the lady gets startled and says "oh don't worry hun, just looking for glass & cans" or some shit, and just leaves on her bike, short mexican lady. She knew everyone would be out watching the acts & was going site to site looking for easy pickings. If we weren't there, i'm sure she would have taken something. pretty shady.
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

Fanny packs are good to prevent this.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Ugh, sucks this happened. I kept being paranoid and checking the zippers of my backpack like 5 times per set. Now I feel more warranted for doing so but It's still a bummer.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

First year getting a locker and other than the horrendous line on Friday to get the locker, it was probably the best choice I made.
    2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

Upcoming Shows:

07/22 RX Bandits & The Dear Hunter @ Best Buy Theater
    07/23 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    07/25 Dave Hause @ BK Night Bazaar
    07/26 Braid & A Great Big Pile of Leaves @ MHOW
    08/02 Jurassic 5 & Dilated Peoples @ Best Buy Theater
    08/09 Modest Mouse & Brand New @ Forest Hills Tennis Stadium
    08/17 Dirty Bird BBQ @ Verboten

Lockers and fanny packs are key. The first year I went, I brought a small backpack, and was constantly paranoid about people touching it. Now, I put my backpack into the locker immediately and just revisit it as needed when I want to change, put my hat away, etc. I keep my fanny pack in the front when walking through big crowds and usually keep my hand on top of it while walking just to be sure. I've never had any problem with losing stuff or getting it stolen so I highly recommend this method, plus you don't have to lug around a bag full of stuff all day.

I agree a Google Wallet hookup to the wristband would be awesome!! It would be kinda complicated to set up it seems like, but would be really really useful.
    Coachella 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2)...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Flowers are born to die, bro

1. Don't take your whole purse/wallet into the Festival with you. Just take one credit card (if that), your ID to get a beer garden bracelet, and only the cash needed for that day. $80-$100 per day usually covers it. There is no reason to bring in hundreds of dollars with you, especially if you flash that wad each time you pay for something.

2. Put your phone/camera in your front pockets.

3. Don't bring in a backpack. It opens you up to theft, it's cumbersome, and it pisses off the people behind you in a crowd anyway. If you absolutely need access to personal effects, get a locker.

4. If you see somebody getting ripped off, do something about it. Karma is a beautiful thing.
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

but fanny packs are lame
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Quote Originally Posted by blazin View Post
    I was commenting to my boyfriend this weekend while cruising around the grounds that I think it would be extremely wise for GV to set up some sort of Google Wallet type of system embedded into the wristband RFD chip. Best case scenario would be for us to not have to carry any cash or cards around, and since we each already have a unique electronic id that is attached to our body, there would be little to no chance of fraud occuring. At least, it would be exponentially more difficult to steal someone's wristband than to steal their wallet.
    I think this is a great idea, just load your wristband up with cash for the day and then scan for beers / merch / food etc