Thread: Room for Improvement

Default Room for Improvement

Overall, very well done, GV. A few comments/suggestions, and these are pretty minor:

1. Maybe a 1-2 minute grace period for artists that go a bit over. Cutting off Beck and Fishbone was a bit callous, I thought.

2. Lack of paper programs at the beginning. I mean, they know how many they need by now, right? The app is nice, but batter life is valuable and a quick glance at a paper program makes life easy.

3. The "record store," chronicled elsewhere, was a joke. Bring back Zia and signings.

4. Some sound issues. With technology the way it is, it seems like this is something that can be done and with advance planning. Mojave sound on Friday afternoon was bad. Tom Odell should not have thumpy bass.

The fact that these are pretty minor is testimony to how well the festival is run nowadays.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Default Re: Room for Improvement

I love that sets start and end on time.

Only issue was Sunday security lines getting in were WAY too long. We shouldn't have to wait 45 min to get in.

Also didn't care we had different wristbands for beer on Sunday...minor inconvience.

It bugged me that the screens at the Outdoor Theater weren't raised. Couldn't see shit sometimes. I'm fairly short, I rely on those things. Otherwise, don't know what else to suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by sandra85 View Post
    It bugged me that the screens at the Outdoor Theater weren't raised. Couldn't see shit sometimes. I'm fairly short, I rely on those things. Otherwise, don't know what else to suggest.
    You know they were lowered due to the wind, right?

And I have no issues with the festival cutting off artists if they go over. Especially if its right before a headliner. Arcade fire had to start 10 mins later due to not having even a few mins earlier because Beck did his thing.

One major thing was making sure everyone went to see Outkast by ''claiming'' they went on at 11:05, when clearly there was no way it would happen since Girl Talk had a ridiculous stage set up. It wont happen this weekend, no way.
    Last edited by superfan; 04-14-2014 at 09:43 PM.

1. A 21 and over secret passage between the lockers and the cantina would be a nice shortcut to the South Terrace.
    2. Way too many camera passes in the camera pits at times. And for a couple sets, they gave them a song or two extra to shoot, which over the course of a 50 minute set, is like half of the set being bothered by cameras and their step stools blocking our views.
    3. I'm not sure who the entitled douchebags are who also get let into the camera pit, but they might have been the most annoying people in the entire festival. (not talking about the respectful family, mostly of younger kids who are clearly related to Paul or someone else at the top; they were fine). I'm talking about the tall-ass bros who high five each other and take selfies the entire set blocking the view.
    4. Beck for fucking with Arcade Fire's time allocation
    5. People who claim to have massive disdain for the crowd, yet are cold and absolutely unwelcoming themselves
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

1. Burn down the fucking Sahara and everyone in it.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    4. Beck for fucking with Arcade Fire's time allocations
    FUCK YOU you piece of shit

I seriously doubt the extra couple minutes he couldve gotten to say goodbye and let us thank him for an amazing set wouldve messed with your precious refleCtors
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    FUCK YOU you piece of shit

I seriously doubt the extra couple minutes he couldve gotten to say goodbye and let us thank him for an amazing set wouldve messed with your precious refleCtors
    Discourse! Not for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    The "record store," chronicled elsewhere, was a joke. Bring back Zia and signings.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    You know they were lowered due to the wind, right?

And I have no issues with the festival cutting off artists if they go over. Especially if its right before a headliner. Arcade fire had to start 10 mins later due to not having even a few mins earlier because Beck did his thing.

One major thing was making sure everyone went to see Outkast by ''claiming'' they went on at 11:05, when clearly there was no way it would happen since Girl Talk had a ridiculous stage set up. It wont happen this weekend, no way.
    Aaaaah, hahaha! I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. Figured there was a reason. I just got up close when I could but couldn't always. Darn the circumstances!

1 . Main stage had the worst sound of any stage . Arcade fire I could talk normal volume and be heard no problem. This pissed me off more than anything , all those speakers and only Calvin Harris was allowed to use them ? Ruined almost every mainstage act , it wasn't a concert it was like listening on your phone .
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.