Thread: showers

Default showers

can anyone with past experience fill me in. when are the best times to go take a shower in the camp grounds? i remember a lot of my friends complaining about massive lines last year.

Default Re: showers

Best time is 11 . Most people don't want to miss anything . There's apparently some all hours ones in lot 10 , but never tried to check it out .
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Either in the afternoon, or SUPER early.. like before 6am early.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

as early during the festival as possible, and as infrequently as possible. pretty princesses dump conditioner in those poor showers and you get to wade through an inch or two of that junk if you wait til sunday.

remembering last year is making my stomach churn. :/

Best time is at like 4am in the all night showers.... No time limit and no line. Then you go to bed nice and clean and can sleep in. Or at like 8 at night. The line is already long when they open in the morning. I have definitely done the no shower chella before and you get smelly by the end of the weekend.

They close at 2am. Go late at night. No line at all

I've never heard of there being a "time limit"…. ?

Quote Originally Posted by ELIZA83TH View Post
    I've never heard of there being a "time limit"…. ?
    Yeah last year a staff guy just popped his head in and yelled at all the people in my shower trailer for taking too long as the line outside was pretty lengthy.

Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    Best time is at like 4am in the all night showers.... No time limit and no line. Then you go to bed nice and clean and can sleep in. Or at like 8 at night. The line is already long when they open in the morning. I have definitely done the no shower chella before and you get smelly by the end of the weekend.
    I get smelly by about 3:30 PM the same day of showering........
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

When I came home Saturday night, I had dirt and sand in every orifice. I even had to toss my 2 day old contact lenses (they are supposed to last 2 weeks), because the dirt had permanently attached itself to the lenses. I could have showered several times Saturday had I had the opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Was there an all night shower open in Lot 10 this year? Last year, they closed the 24 hour shower due to fights.
    "I hate you. I hate you. I donít even know you, and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you." -Silky Johnston

Lurker

Bring no-rinse shampoo and body wipes ... shower lines aren't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by cspazzyrun View Post
    yeah i really wanted to say something and i'm glad someone else is on the right page here.

the best times to shower are before coachella and after coachella. invest in wet wipes and deodorant, and pray to the coachella gods that darude keeps his nasty single away from weekend 2 (the superior weekend). just get dirty with us for three days and enjoy the music instead of stressing about whatever you smell like.

If you are UC, please use more than body wipes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by cspazzyrun View Post
    UMMM, a shower is definitely worth the wait.
    I mean, unless you have lousy hygiene.

Lurker

Use a shower in a bag, you can fill it at the water stations by the showers. It gets plenty hot enough after an hour or so in the sun if you want to bath between 7 and 5 otherwise your looking at an hour or two wait for the showers. I walked right in with zero wait at about midnight on Friday night, caught half outcasts set and was over it.

Quote Originally Posted by cskizzy View Post
    yeah i really wanted to say something and i'm glad someone else is on the right page here.

the best times to shower are before coachella and after coachella. invest in wet wipes and deodorant, and pray to the coachella gods that darude keeps his nasty single away from weekend 2 (the superior weekend). just get dirty with us for three days and enjoy the music instead of stressing about whatever you smell like.
    STRONGLY disagree. This year it wasn't about smell, but about having dust/sand in every crack. Used a ton of baby wipes, but still had a shit ton of dust come off in the shower on Sunday morning.

My expeirence with the female showers: A few friends went at like 9am on Sunday and there was no line. We went at 11am and there were LONG lines. wtf! So we went back at 1:15 and there was only like a 15 minute line. All the other days, there wasn't a like by 1:15/1:30, so it was easy. The showers in Lot 10 (near the camping center) were 24 hours (confirmed by the crew) and my friend used them in the middle of the night. However, they do start closing some trailers to clean them around 2, but not a big deal.

Also, Friday the trailer we used was not air conditioned (or was broken). Saturday was working MUCH better and Sunday was only partially working. I appreciated that a lot as those things get STEAMY.

Oh, and there was shit in a plastic bag outside one of the stalls on Saturday. Disgusting.

Finally, there was a decent size line for the VIP showers every day we went. Looked like a waste.

Anyone else wish they would post a Shower Wait Time on the app? Would be super helpful.