Thread: Campground reviews 2014

Default Campground reviews 2014

Tell us how things went weekend 1! Plenty of showers? Did the phone charging stations work? Were the events on Thursday fun? We need details, peeps.

Default Re: Campground reviews 2014

There's so much room for improvement . First why isn't everything ready by Thursday , even in the fest certain things were being built even on Saturday . Silent disco is still crap , the activities are just not impressive enough . The snowball fight ended up being at 9 pm so I skipped it . Portapotties needed more cleaning . More signs in the campground would be useful too , mark the paths that you have on the map . People should be able to see a sign that says green trail or whatever.

Showers were good , supermarket shuttles still good. I love camping still but it just doesn't have much in entertainment besides us the campers.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Put up a big screen and project some movies or something .
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Put up a big screen and project some movies or something .
    this is an AWESOME idea!

I love that my camping spot was cover with fire ants. Great job Goldenvoice.

Lurker

Pretty much the same as last year. The biggest area I would like to see improved is how frequent the portapotties get cleaned/stocked. The shuttle service is fantastic, showers good(could still use more), trash service was good. I watched the snowball fight, it was okay. Our neighbors loved the silent disco, didn't partake ourselves so don't know.
    Really the campaigns going to be what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by dan13l View Post
    I love that my camping spot was cover with fire ants. Great job Goldenvoice.
    This! I wouldn't say ours was covered, but if we dropped ANY food on the ground or spilled a drink, there would be fire ants later. I didn't get bit, but a few in our group did. Was never a problem before

Also, did anyone else take FOREVER to get out of the camping lot on Monday around 8:30!? WTF! I've never waited more than 15-20 minutes. This year we were driving our group out and they cut us off mid-group. The rest of our group got directed to a newly opened exit (driving out straight from the end of lot 8) instead of going all the way to the back of lot 10 to exit. We then were in line for 45 minutes to get out! Traffic was being directed left/right at random, but seemed to be moving just fine. Not sure what took them so long. So by the time we finally got out of the lot, the traffic on the freeway was terrible. Saw at least 5 accidents by the time we got to LA and 4 of them included Coachellans (including one accident of a huge trailer, truck, and car). Ended up taking us about 3.5 hours to get to downtown LA area (and a total of 8.5 hours to get bakc to home to the easy bay).

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    There's so much room for improvement . First why isn't everything ready by Thursday , even in the fest certain things were being built even on Saturday . Silent disco is still crap , the activities are just not impressive enough . The snowball fight ended up being at 9 pm so I skipped it . Portapotties needed more cleaning . More signs in the campground would be useful too , mark the paths that you have on the map . People should be able to see a sign that says green trail or whatever.

Showers were good , supermarket shuttles still good. I love camping still but it just doesn't have much in entertainment besides us the campers.
    did you miss the giant fucking towers with "green path" signs and the fact that the giant balls on top of those giant towers lit up with the corresponding color?

portos were probably the cleanest they've been in years. the way they handled cleaning them was total bullshit, but they seemed to be cleaned a little more often this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

yea the paths had signs and lights, it wasnt hard to figure out. and how is anyone surprised by ants??? DONT leave the camp a mess, pick up dropped food and hang the trash bag somewhere and you wont have ants. pretty simple.

a lot of the food in camping was terrible. i feel like its getting worse every year. bathrooms and showers seems pretty normal, shower lines didnt seem as long this year.
    07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 13w2, 14w1

I found it very unfair that we showed up at 1pm (after getting up at 4am) and were sent to the very furthest corner of lot 4. Genuinely couldn't have been further away anywhere else. There were about 15 male toilets for the whole area that got cleaned out less than once a day. If we hadn't had to wait in the waiting area we'd have been in lot 8 about a 5 min walk from the entrance... anyway, that was a little annoying.

Projecting some movies is a glorious idea.
    8/24 - NIN + Soundgarden - Shoreline
    9/27 - Simian Mobile Disco - Mezzanine
    10/3-10/5 - Hardly Strictly Bluegrass - GGP
    10/4 - DJ Shadow + Cut Chemist - Mezzanine
    10/6 - Kasabian + Bo Ningen - Fox
    10/21 - Melvins + Le Butcherettes - GAMH
    11/1 - Erasure - Fox
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

they used to project movies on thursday, i wonder why they stopped that. i never watched it, so maybe it wasnt that popular?
    07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 13w2, 14w1

Quote Originally Posted by butterz View Post
    yea the paths had signs and lights, it wasnt hard to figure out. and how is anyone surprised by ants??? DONT leave the camp a mess, pick up dropped food and hang the trash bag somewhere and you wont have ants. pretty simple.

a lot of the food in camping was terrible. i feel like its getting worse every year. bathrooms and showers seems pretty normal, shower lines didnt seem as long this year.
    I'm not surprised by ants, but these were fire ants. Never had those before. Plus, we got a whole hord of them if we even spilled a tiny bit of beer/drinks. We always keep the trash away from everything, but they were over everything else. Crazy.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Lack of toilets drove me crazy in lot 4. They would fill up and we would have to walk to lost 8
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Camp seemed to be mostly the same as it's been the past couple years. Set up the same way with things pretty much in the same areas that they've been before. Bathrooms seemed to be cleaned at about the same rate as last year. I didn't really do many of the scheduled activities except the silent disco - which was fun (way better than in years past, anyway) but the line to get in it was fucking ridiculous. People climbing over other people, people shoving other people out of their way, people having no fucking clue what a "line" is ... There was NO regulation of the line at all by any employees, so it was a total free-for-all. Some stupid bro was quite surprised that I took offense to him trying to push by me and goes "it's coachella BRO, just let me by" ... riiiiight, because you're the only one here, so you deserve to get by everyone else that's been waiting in line for 30 to 45min. Fucking moron!!

Was Dodgeball a legitimate tournament this year? If not, why not? Start on Thursday and continue throughout the weekend. Preferably not while music is still happening in the venue. Or at least do it on Thursday night when we're truly bored. This isn't major. I just wanted to play some dodgeball and by the time I get back to my tent from the venue it's almost over and I'm exhausted.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

Quote Originally Posted by moxie990 View Post
    Camp seemed to be mostly the same as it's been the past couple years. Set up the same way with things pretty much in the same areas that they've been before. Bathrooms seemed to be cleaned at about the same rate as last year. I didn't really do many of the scheduled activities except the silent disco - which was fun (way better than in years past, anyway) but the line to get in it was fucking ridiculous. People climbing over other people, people shoving other people out of their way, people having no fucking clue what a "line" is ... There was NO regulation of the line at all by any employees, so it was a total free-for-all. Some stupid bro was quite surprised that I took offense to him trying to push by me and goes "it's coachella BRO, just let me by" ... riiiiight, because you're the only one here, so you deserve to get by everyone else that's been waiting in line for 30 to 45min. Fucking moron!!
    I mean HE was at Coachella.........I don't know what festival you were at, but clearly it wasn't Coachella.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    I mean HE was at Coachella.........I don't know what festival you were at, but clearly it wasn't Coachella.
    haha ... dammit, I just KNEW I had screwed something up!!!