Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WARNING - UBER RIP OFF

Angry WARNING - UBER RIP OFF

Beware of price gouging -

People are getting ripped off by certain drivers ((it's actually company policy)) - they are quoted a minimal amount when they request a ride and when they arrive they are slammed by (((hundreds))) more in charges. They call it "surge pricing" so when you need a ride the most the rate goes up 3.5x to as much as 8x the normal rate.

shame on some uber for their surge pricing.

post here if you have been ripped off
    Doubt? just google: "uber price surge"

There are a lot more options out there.
    Last edited by LQlocalsgetaride; 04-15-2014 at 07:32 AM.

Default Re: WARNING - UBER RIP OFF

#lqlocalsgetaride have a professional bus driver and a courtesy crew on board for your safety and comfort. local rides are only ten bucks

call or text lq locals shuttle 7606410920

ALWAYS agree to a price BEFORE you get in.

If they change the price call the cops...do not pay a penny more than agreed

1st off know that it's illegal in Indio for anyone other than an official cab to charge you for rides. Reason being is they are making money that is not taxed...the cops will always side with you and more than likely ticket the driver.

Hope it never gets to that, but I would NEVER cave in to some idiot demanding more money.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

don't we all have 2 feet?

It's a long walk for some....
    ten bucks or walk five miles?

Quote Originally Posted by djh650 View Post
    don't we all have 2 feet?
    by the way, not everyone has two feet
    Last edited by LQlocalsgetaride; 04-16-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LQlocalsgetaride View Post
    by the way, not everyone has two feet
    oscar_pistorius_blade_runner_london_2012.jpg
    If you don't like it, we got two words for ya...

#lqlocalsgetaride have a professional bus driver and a courtesy crew on board for your safety and comfort. local rides are only ten bucks

call or text lq locals shuttle 7606410920
    because coming in and trying to sell your services by spreading misinformation about your competition SCREAMS "professional"

I would have given the driver the amount allegedly agreed upon before arrival and a giant F U. But I can say, I know people who would fork up the $$ in fear. Parenting, done wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

There is absolutely no way to confirm from these posts that you are not totally full of shit.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Well, uber may rip off people, but you not posting your price is just as sketchy

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/...hella/7642559/

Last edited by mmsk123; 04-13-2014 at 01:06 PM.

palm springs is >> 100 bucks << - even if you fill up to 12 passengers - per trip
    local rides around indio and pga run about >>10 bucks<< per person trip
    palm desert >>20 << per person per trip
    rancho mirage >>30<< per person per trip

most waits only 15-30 minutes - but we are filling up repeat clients and advance reservations.

planned stops include but are not limited to: Lake Cahuilla, Sloan's and PGA

Last edited by LQlocalsgetaride; 04-16-2014 at 11:24 AM.

This smells like bullshit big time. LQlocalgetaride is just running a fear based campaign to increase business. Do you think people are that stupid? (Well, maybe some are).

First of all Uber is an app, and before getting in the car the map quotes you the FINAL price which the driver already agreed to. You have a cc on file and Uber charges it. Uber pays the driver minus a % fee.

Claiming that they "get slammed with hundreds in charges" when they get to the destination clearly shows that:

A) you haven't used uber

B) you don't know your competition

C) you live in fear that an app like uber will destroy your business

D) you're full of bullshit

E) you don't have good business ethics because it's easier for you to bash out a business instead of highlighting the benefits of yours. That says a lot about you.

Good luck getting your passengers.
    Last edited by ialvarado2; 04-13-2014 at 02:03 PM.

read the headlines dude!!
    The Desert Sun --- "Uber at Coachella: Long lines, surge pricing"

"As to be expected, there were long lines to hitch a ride from Uber at Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on Friday night.

Last night, people who grew tired of waiting in long lines for Uber cars in the shuttle and taxi area apparently hopped a fence to walk instead..."

"There were other hiccups besides the long lines. Others complained about the exorbitant price during peak hours, and that some drivers were unfamiliar with the Indio area. The company adjusts its pricing according to the demand, as part of its business model. The greater the demand, the higher the price. Some Twitter users said the price surged three to four times higher."
    Last edited by LQlocalsgetaride; 04-13-2014 at 02:10 PM.

I heard terrible things about your service. Don't bother calling unless you want to pay these people $200!

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    Well, uber may rip off people, but you not posting your price is just as sketchy

IN all fairness this is a 30 minute uber easy. its 26 miles from coachella to downtown palm springs

we investigated signing up with uber - we declined due to their practices. everyone deserves a fair ride. no matter what time it is.
    Last edited by LQlocalsgetaride; 04-16-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Seriously people don't call, they aren't being honest. It's a huge rip-off!

read the headlines dude!
    Maybe you should read something other than the headline, the body of the article might be a good place to start, dude.

You said in your first post:

they are quoted a minimal amount and when they arrive they are slammed by (((hundreds))) more in charges
    The article doesn't say that, and the app doesn't allow the drivers to do that because the price is set in advance.

So I still call bullshit, dude.

Lurker

Why isn't there some sort of rule against spamming these boards?

Here is the funny thing. California has the most aggressive anti-spam laws in the country and believe it or not, the laws are so broadly written that the activity of this particular person are undoubtedly in violation of California's Version of CAN SPAM aka the Trancos act. So mr transport guy, I imagine I speak on behalf of all of us when I saw "cease and desist posting this unwanted mass digital communication". You can feel free to disagree with me but I'm sure Dan Balsam would love another California case to prosecute.

Holy shit, relax, it's a message board. The worst that happens is banning here, no one is calling a fucking lawyer.

Hey we have to pay for tickets somehow. Each message is worth $1500 and the guy is taking the spamming a little far. 3 threads, over a dozen messages, deceptive subject lines, pretty textbook case.

It's called surge pricing, the price can go up without warning because of high demand, the driver has nothing to do with it.

Why is the price per person and not just per destination if they are going to the same location? How much fuel do you use per added body?
    Last edited by jones4765; 04-13-2014 at 06:36 PM.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    It's called surge pricing, the price can go up without warning because of high demand.
    So thats the euphemism for price gouging these days "surge pricing"? Gotta love marketing and devious people who take advantage of people and situations.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Uber's model is well documented. Surge pricing for transport in the case of Uber is at least transparent. The option otherwise is regulated price, traditional taxi services. The issue there is lack of supply. uber gives you the option of availability for a premium price. You have an option, you can wait for a regulated price or pay a premium for access.

old school

Its price gouging plain and fucking simple. People plan their night around Uber's offer only to get to the vehicle and find they're going to be gouged 4x the price quoted. They could have and would have made other arrangements had they known they were going to be fucked hard by "surge pricing" offered by uber. Fuck uber and fuck your return customers that like getting fucked hard in the ass with no lube.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

uber surge price.jpg
    gouging - price surge - rip off - call it what you will.
    to those who doubted:::: they are even being sued by their own drivers according to the New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/27/te...axis.html?_r=0
    The New York Times
    “Uber is being sued by its drivers, who say it is stealing their tips. Competitors are pressing it from all sides. Celebrity riders like Salman Rushdie and Jessica Seinfeld have had gripes too, usually about pricing.”
    New York times - http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/12/ma...h-gouging.html
    “The same service. The same amount of time. The same trip, if in reverse. And a price differential of three and a half times. That kind of arithmetic has, of late, enraged many of Uber’s users, who accuse the company of ripping off consumers when they need a ride the most: during holidays, deluges and snowstorms. The reaction from Uber has been equally strong. In short: Don’t want to pay the fare? Fantastic. Don’t use the service.”

just saying.

Before you request a car the Uber app says surge pricing is in effect and prices can be 5x higher. I use Uber all of the time in Los Angeles and it is great. I have also made the mistake of agreeing to the ridiculous surge prices when I was drunk. I didn't wake up the next day and blame Uber. The driver has no way of changing the prices so if anyone gives an Uber driver cash that is their own fault.

Ban LQlocalsgetaride
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.