Thread: DID EARLY ARRIVAL (9AM THURS.) ENSURE LOT 8 CAMPSITE 2014?

Wink DID EARLY ARRIVAL (9AM THURS.) ENSURE LOT 8 CAMPSITE 2014?

ANY WEEKEND 1 PPL HAVE ANY INSIGHT?

Last year we arrived around 1pm thursday and had prime camping in lot 8, planning on arriving at 9am this year.

Any info would be great, peace people!

Default Re: DID EARLY ARRIVAL (9AM THURS.) ENSURE LOT 8 CAMPSITE 2014?

Unfortunately this thread will probably be lost in this forum.

Replying to keep it on top as I am very concerned about this as well.

Yeah I got in lot 8 , but arriving from 8 to 930 there is no advantage . You should be in lot 8 but it's luck of the draw how close you get , it's not first come first serve , it's fill up one row of car then start a new line , so you could be first in a row or last if you arrived 30 seconds later . Really stupid system.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Yeah I got in lot 8 , but arriving from 8 to 930 there is no advantage . You should be in lot 8 but it's luck of the draw how close you get , it's not first come first serve , it's fill up one row of car then start a new line , so you could be first in a row or last if you arrived 30 seconds later . Really stupid system.
    Did you happen to notice a fork in the road after the security check? Apparently there is a line of cones that starts at some point, and if you pick the left lane you will end up in Lot 4. I will keep my eye out for this but really hope that I will be able to keep right.

No I didn't see that I was there at 8 , was in the third line . So I guess there's that advantage .
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

How many lines this year roboto?

Stay to the right after the waiting line if you want to get lot 8. We got there early thinking we would get a primo spot and got stuck in the left lane. Ended up at lot 4.

Quote Originally Posted by eatsugardienow View Post
    Stay to the right after the waiting line if you want to get lot 8. We got there early thinking we would get a primo spot and got stuck in the left lane. Ended up at lot 4.
    I don't know what time you were there, but a ton of cars that got there early ended up being sent over to lot 4, and a few security guards told people in my camp group that this was because there was a backlog of cars waiting to get into the line and the fire marshall told them they needed to just open every lot and start rushing cars into spots to clear things up.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Quote Originally Posted by enginedown View Post
    Did you happen to notice a fork in the road after the security check? Apparently there is a line of cones that starts at some point, and if you pick the left lane you will end up in Lot 4. I will keep my eye out for this but really hope that I will be able to keep right.
    Arrived in line around 11:20am. Got through security by 12. Had our group all together in the group waiting area by 12:15, but took another 30 minutes to get out of that god forsaken area (if you go, be in the lanes further left as they went MUCH faster).

After the group waiting area, you either went into the left or right lanes, seperated by cones. Left lane got directed to Lot 4. Luckily, we guessed this, drove between the cones and got in the right lane. Ended up on 109/110th and main (one car from main street). Center of Lot 8, close to venue entrance, bathrooms, camping center, etc. Could not have asked for a better spot.

We got there around 7:30 and I don't think anyone who go through the gates around our time got redirected to Lot 4. I strongly recommend arriving WELL BEFORE 9 am if you want to make sure you get Lot 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

after the security checkpoint cars were being routed into two lanes. it seemed like most of the cars in the right lane went to Lot 8, and most in the left lane went to Lot 4. however while they were filing us into Lot 8, both lanes were going to Lot 8, they were just filling different rows (as opposed to sending all cars down one row like they usually do).

tl;dr - there is zero guarantee on getting into Lot 8 unless you ignore the staff directing you.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    Arrived in line around 11:20am. Got through security by 12. Had our group all together in the group waiting area by 12:15, but took another 30 minutes to get out of that god forsaken area (if you go, be in the lanes further left as they went MUCH faster).

After the group waiting area, you either went into the left or right lanes, seperated by cones. Left lane got directed to Lot 4. Luckily, we guessed this, drove between the cones and got in the right lane. Ended up on 109/110th and main (one car from main street). Center of Lot 8, close to venue entrance, bathrooms, camping center, etc. Could not have asked for a better spot.
    this is pretty much how our group went down also. ended up in lot 8 row 110. best spot we could have asked for.

Honestly though if you get there early (before noon) and are put into lot 4 make up an excuse to get back into the waiting area and try again.
    07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 13w2, 14w1

If you get there early enough--I mean like before 8 am--I'm pretty positive you will get Lot 8. Failing that, there are no guarantees.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop