Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 42

Thread: Weekend 2. Never again.

  1. #1

    Default Weekend 2. Never again.


  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,948

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    this is my first time doing weekend 2 and it's killing me.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  3. #3

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    I wanted to go weekend 1 too but hey, at least we're going

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    139

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    idk I've always preferred going weekend 2 b/c you have the first weekend as the test to figure out your conflicts better and I could care less about the "glory" of experiencing something first. Plus it's had 4/20 fall on it the last couple times I've gone lol.

  5. #5
    Member djbionik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    737

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    Quote Originally Posted by zuma1986 View Post
    idk I've always preferred going weekend 2 b/c you have the first weekend as the test to figure out your conflicts better and I could care less about the "glory" of experiencing something first. Plus it's had 4/20 fall on it the last couple times I've gone lol.
    Yes. I like all the things you say here. Ive been enough times to feel that glory. Now I desire fewer conflicts and a more fun, music-dedicated crowd. I was skeptical of wk 2 last year, but it really was the best year I've had yet, and I owe it to watching the first week.
    02,06,07,08,10,11,13,

  6. #6
    Member SEEDYMIG420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    425

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    Weekend #1= glitchchella/rehearsalchella

    Weekend #2= glitchfreechella/REALchella

    Weekend #1- people who go just cause its "cool" to be at Coachella
    Celebrities go because they get paid to attend.
    Weekend #2- the REAL music fans attend.
    Very little to no celebrities attend.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    Quote Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420 View Post
    Weekend #1= glitchchella/rehearsalchella

    Weekend #2= glitchfreechella/REALchella

    Weekend #1- people who go just cause its "cool" to be at Coachella
    Celebrities go because they get paid to attend.
    Weekend #2- the REAL music fans attend.
    Very little to no celebrities attend.
    Idk I'm pretty fine with celebrities

  8. #8
    Member meyouseek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    LAX
    Posts
    1,226

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    This is also my first year going weekend 2. I chose weekend 1 the previous years solely because I figured the grass would be literally greener and possibly less dust/allergens in the air. Yeah, and I wanted to see it all first.

    I like Seedy's take on it. I don't need any celebrities, and not that any glitches have soured previous shows at Coachella, but allowing for a dress rehearsal sounds good. I just hope uppity, know-it-all fans don't kill my vibe... because it's still Coachella and we're fixing to turn it up while we enjoy the music.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    yeah going w2 for the first time as well. the thought of doing that bugged me years back but not so much anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveChoi View Post
    One thing I do need to get off my chest

    Apologies to Freddy Prinze Jr for Cursing him out in 2012 when all that chaos unfolded.. I was a total prick to you and I was wrong

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,403

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    Quote Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420 View Post
    Weekend #1= glitchchella/rehearsalchella

    Weekend #2= glitchfreechella/REALchella

    Weekend #1- people who go just cause its "cool" to be at Coachella
    Celebrities go because they get paid to attend.
    Weekend #2- the REAL music fans attend.
    Very little to no celebrities attend.

    So the first 10 years of Coachella were not "real?"
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  11. #11
    Member Highly Refined Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    441

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    Oh right, because professional touring musicians don't know how to put on a good show the first time they play somewhere.. In Coachella's case most of the musicians have played many times before.

    Mess ups and "glitches" and bad sound can happen any time, either weekend.

    Stop rationalizing why its better, because it's not. Just go to weekend 2 and enjoy yourself with hopefully a few less conflicts.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    if he is scared of your noodle you may not get in with it.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    This is also my first year going weekend 2. I chose weekend 1 the previous years solely because I figured the grass would be literally greener and possibly less dust/allergens in the air. Yeah, and I wanted to see it all first.
    Same here. I had that attitude in 2012. Realized I was wrong as hell, and weekend 1 had the dust storm last year. This year, weekend 2 just happens to fit in my schedule better.

    I'm sure artists treat weekend 1 the same as they did any pre-2012 year of Coachella. For many of them, they've been on the road for a while and aren't kicking off their tour with the fest either.

    Gonna be hard to go in blind with a lot of friends going weekend 1, but I'm past that "seeing it first" phase. When a non-Coachella attendee learns you went to Coachella, they're not gonna say "WHAT WEEKEND? IF YOU DIDN'T SEE OUTKAST FIRST, YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL." or something stupid like that. And if they do, punch them.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    So hard to wait another week might take a day off school monday just to ease off the bullshit leading to friday

  14. #14
    Member amma_sol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    594

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    i love weekend two cause there is always wayyy less people.

  15. #15
    Member zamuelwashington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    83

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    Weekend 2 keeps the party going!! Its the very last hurrah!
    *would you like to be creeped slowly or fast?*

  16. #16

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    i love weekend two cause there is always wayyy less people.
    does this mean more chances of being close to the front for smaller acts?

  17. #17
    Member Sleeping Lion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    224

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    Quote Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420 View Post
    Weekend #1= glitchchella/rehearsalchella

    Weekend #2= glitchfreechella/REALchella

    Weekend #1- people who go just cause its "cool" to be at Coachella
    Celebrities go because they get paid to attend.
    Weekend #2- the REAL music fans attend.
    Very little to no celebrities attend.
    Deep fried sarcasm.
    Yum.
    Saved two girls at DFA. Come at me karma.
    COACHELLACOLLECTIVE

  18. #18
    Member imademilwaukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    echo park
    Posts
    212

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    I'm going weekend 2.. and I can't decide whether to watch any of this weekend on youtube or not. I'll probably watch some of the meh bands. I don't want to ruin the excitement for the big ones.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    Quote Originally Posted by imademilwaukee View Post
    I'm going weekend 2.. and I can't decide whether to watch any of this weekend on youtube or not. I'll probably watch some of the meh bands. I don't want to ruin the excitement for the big ones.
    same, im glad they arent streaming the knife, the replacements, NMH

  20. #20
    Lurker tonytone87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, California
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    Weekend 2 all day
    Watching bits of the webcast from weekend 1 along with an extra 7 days to juggle set times always makes conflictchella a non issue!
    except for the part when you enter the fest and the whole plan turns to mush
    Either way, just have fun

  21. #21
    Member billtino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,386

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    2012 did W2. Hottest chella ever! Swore I'd never camp again. (yeah right!)
    2013 did W1. Anticipated the heat of W2, didn't anticipate Duststormchella!
    2014 doing W2. Why? Because you know nothing Jon Snow.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

  22. #22

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    i love weekend two cause there is always wayyy less people.
    How? if both weekends are sold out...

  23. #23
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,948

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    i believe in 2012 they claimed the sales were 83k weekend 1 and 78k weekend 2. both were supposedly sold out. technically goldenvoice can cap sales at whatever they want, as long as that number is below capacity according to their contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  24. #24
    Member ELIZA83TH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,127

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    I'm a fan of weekend 2 for most previous reasons stated, but also I LIKE the anticipation of Coachella; its almost half the fun.
    I enjoy seeing/hearing about happenings at weekend 1 and getting even more excited to be there the following week.
    After Coachella its like a come-down, so I spend a day recovering and try to get back & focus on my work.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

  25. #25
    Member PDXdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    It's my first weekend 2 as well. I guess I have always worried that the second weekend feels a little less special. I used to feel that way much more than I do now but it still looms over me. However, the event having a few thousand less people at it is exciting. I don't have a problem with big crowds but damn, last year really felt packed in. The grounds being slightly thinner would add to the experience.

    Cannot wait for next weekend.

  26. #26
    Member Fig Neutron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    Quote Originally Posted by ELIZA83TH View Post
    I'm a fan of weekend 2 for most previous reasons stated, but also I LIKE the anticipation of Coachella; its almost half the fun.
    This. Plus another week with the set times.

  27. #27
    Member amma_sol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    594

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    Quote Originally Posted by fugitive View Post
    does this mean more chances of being close to the front for smaller acts?
    Last year I was able to walk right up to a lot of shows, even on the main stage. We went to RHCP for a little bit Nd were babble to walk up to the rail.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clemente25 View Post
    How? if both weekends are sold out...
    Not only as heart cooks brain says but go on craigslist right now and try and get a weekend one pass vs a weekend 2 one. A lot of people by weekend 2 in hopes of trading or selling and are never able to. The week of the 2nd weekend tickets are usually under face value because the supply is way higher than the demand. Basically a lot of people bite the cost of the ticket and don't go. The campgrounds last year weren't even full. Lot 10 and 7 were mostly empty.

  28. #28
    Member philabuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    I went to weekend 1 in 2012 and weekend 2 last year. Because none of the shows I saw had "surprise" guests, I did not notice any difference whatsoever. This year weekend 2 is more convenient.

  29. #29
    Member luis4barce94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    First time going Weekeend 2 as well. All the coverage and hype that the media and friends are giving Coachella just makes me even more pumped up to hit the Polo fields this year. Will definitely catch the live stream to see some of the bands I'm on the fence about seeing.
    Coachella '13 W1, '14 W2
    That is pretty delicious right there.


    DEP Gustavo Cerati, 1959-2014.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    My jimmies are slowly rustling...

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,948

    Default Re: Weekend 2. Never again.

    the woman from wye oak just said'...we'll be here again next week. new time same place'.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •