Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: well, this is some bullshit

Default Re: well, this is some bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    I'm bummed for my friends. They said they got in in line around 9:30 with their whole crew (13 cars), but didn't get searched till a whole bunch of other cars who got there way later got searched before them, AND they got stuck in lot 4. Now, THAT'S some bullshit. I thought the whole "Godforsaken Lot 4" thing was figured out so this wouldn't happen to early birds? Seems incredibly unfair.
    /cringe

damn...so tell me are the god forsaken thorns at least missing from last year?
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    When we came out of group waiting area, there was a left coned lane and a right coned lane. If you went in the left one, you got directed to lot 4. We had seen this before and suspected that, so we worked our way into the right and ended up in 8. This was around 12:45.
    Duly noted. This is going to be our ETA next thurs.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Thorns look to be gone from lot 4. They were sending people to lot 4 as early as 9 am. Terrible. We arrived at 9 and are on 105 but our friends arrived at 9 and were stuck on 155th.

Has anyone else seen these drug dogs?
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    Has anyone else seen these drug dogs?
    I saw security staff walking around with German Shepherds last year. I don't know if they were actually trained drug dogs, as they weren't with police officers - or rather just a scare tactic.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

if you see dogs, very well could be for explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by imademilwaukee View Post
    if you see dogs, very well could be for explosives.
    I think they're for explosives, if they had drug dogs, nobody would be allowed in.

WAIT, ELABORATE ON THIS BLASPHEMY?

bump

I am interested in hearing what time people got in line And where theyended up. Also how the searched went
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Lot 4 as early as 9am?????? What the fucking fuck.

I will be the first car in our group and it will be all up to me to STAY RIGHT. At least that's what it sounds like.

STAY RIGHT = LOT 8

Quote Originally Posted by enginedown View Post
    I will be the first car in our group and it will be all up to me to STAY RIGHT. At least that's what it sounds like.
    Wow, all up to you...hopefully you won't crack under the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    Wow, all up to you...hopefully you won't crack under the pressure.
    I sense sarcasm, but it is really quite a bit of pressure. The whole weekend will change dramatically if I screw up and don't get us into Lot 8.

I too get the sense, get there en early, stay right,

Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    saw someone post a picture on Instagram that the staff even had drug sniffing dogs check cars. ridiculous.
    Last year, they only brought the dogs to your car if they smelled weed & couldn't find it. They would also bring them to cars where they DID find something, to make sure there wasn't more. They weren't just bringing the dogs up to every car, fwiw.
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

The group wait spot for car camping was a complete cluster. People kept blocking the exit lanes and security wouldn't tell them to move their cars. It took use an hour to get through the waiting are after out group was assembled and ready to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by enginedown View Post
    Lot 4 as early as 9am?????? What the fucking fuck.

STAY RIGHT = LOT 8
    It isn't as easy as just staying right. If you have to go to the car camping wait area (a left turn), the exit will put you into the lot 4 line. The only way into lot 8 from there is by weaving through cones and hoping the lot 8 line is spare enough to get through with you group still together.

We got out of the wait area at 2:30 and were on the way to lot 4, but I pleaded with security to help me out. We ended up being in the first spots on the northeast corner of lot 7 (next to the Eldorado entrance).

Next year I think I'll try to get my entire group in one line and see if I an hang around until everyone is done - skipping the wait area.

^ That's exactly what I was afraid of. I don't know what we did last year, but we somehow got out of the waiting area without going to the proper exit. We were shuffled back into the lot 8 line (unknowingly) by a very helpful traffic coordinator.

We are going to do everything we can to stay out of the waiting area. We only have 4 cars so I'm hoping that we'll be able to move reeeally slow on the side of the road while we wait for all cars to catch up and never leave the lot 8 line.

It's so silly that they seem to randomly start filling Lot 4 so early on Thursday. What is the logistical purpose? Are they just fucking with us or do they actually have a reason for closing the road to Lot 8 for a few hours in the morning?

i worry about lot 4 too, but just force your way into lot 8, dont take no for an answer, be Russia

FOUR HOUR WAIT IN LINE ON THURSDAY.

Other than that, I had a great weekend.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

We got in around 11pm (we all had to work Thursday), no lines, rolled in in about 15 minutes. I was beyond surprised. Ended up at the top of lot 10 (S 122) right across Main from the activities tent and next to the dodgeball court.
    Last edited by loopy; 04-14-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    We got in around 11pm (we all had to work Thursday), no lines, rolled in in about 15 minutes. I was beyond surprised. Ended up at the top of lot 10 (S 122) right across Main from the activities tent and next to the dodgeball court.
    This happened to us last year weekend one. Arrived around 11 but we waited for an hour. Were placed at the same exact spot.
    anything could happen

Our group of 5 cars arrived at 9:10 to a nearly 100% full search lot. I was worried because there were a lot more people there than we we arrived around 10:00 last year. Unlike last year though they had every potential search line open right from the start and lines moved extremely quick compared to last year.

We all made it through the search area between 10:10 - 10:20 but had a delay in leaving the waiting area because people had the exit lanes blocked (this is one area GV could improve in). Around 10:40 we left the waiting area and went into the left line and were directed to lot 8, all the way at the end of the row between 106 and 107 right next to the port o potties.

I am so glad I didn't realize we could have been sent to lot 4 because I would have been a little stressed. There was no evidence of anyone being sent to lot 4 when we left the waiting area. It seemed like the right line leaving the waiting area was just putting people on the right side of Main st. in lot 8.

It seems like a toss up. Im just getting there early and trying not to stress (which I will anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    I saw security staff walking around with German Shepherds last year. I don't know if they were actually trained drug dogs, as they weren't with police officers - or rather just a scare tactic.
    Last year during Weekend 2 they had them for explosives because it was post-Boston Marathon. We asked security about them and they confirmed. Not sure if it was the same this year. I personally didn't see any dogs.

I saw a ton of dogs, not sure what they were sniffing out (bombs or goodies). They also weren't only sniffing cars they found something in or smelled something, we saw a bunch of people having their cars randomly sniffed before even getting up to the security. A couple of retarded girls a couple cars in front of us put all their weed in the middle console and had it all taken, police with dogs then came over and sniffed out the entire car. After they didn't find anything else, they were on their way in. Saw a couple people getting arrested in line when we got up front, but I would imagine they were dealers. Side note, saw a security guy pick up a fireball handle filled with piss and smell it. That made my morning.

We're planning on getting there around 11am, will we be in Lot 8 do you think? Stay right, yeah?