Thread: Disclosure / Arcade Fire

Default Disclosure / Arcade Fire

So--the dreaded conflict of the weekend for many, I'm sure.
    Just curious, what will some of you do? I'm conflicted whether to stay for the entirety of disclosure but at the same time, missing the first 10 minutes of Arcade Fire doesn't sound ideal, considering they will most likely open with Normal Person, Reflektor, or Rebellion, which are three fantastic songs.
    So basically I have no idea what to do. Thoughts?

Default Re: Disclosure / Arcade Fire

Im going to go to Disclosure but leave after 30 minutes probably. I've seen them twice and never seen Arcade Fire so its an easy choice for me. It's too bad they can't push Disclosure back 10 or 20 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Arcade Fire wont start until Disclosure ends, leaving 30 minutes early is pointless unless you REALLY want a great spot for AF.

Remember Atoms for Peace and Gorillaz? Or PJ Harvey and Kanye or AF and Empire of the sun that same year?

I dont remember exactly what happened last year between WTC and RHCP but I don't really remember missing anything from
    neither.

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post

I dont remember exactly what happened last year between WTC and RHCP but I don't really remember missing anything from
    neither.
    Wu-Tang Clan played for a solid two hours and when they were done, RHCP was five songs in. However, Wu-Tang Clan's been around for twenty years and released several albums while Disclosure only recently got started and only has one album. I can't see it going more than an hour.

I imagine Disclosure will for sure play 50 to 55 min., not an hour. They'll probably finish at 10:25ish, and Arcade Fire may have just began, but then again, there is the crowded walk towards the main which adds another 5 minutes.

Having caught Disclosure a few times I am planning to catch all of Arcade Fire as I have never seen them before.
    The only thing that may change this is if after watching the live feed for weekend 1 the Disclosure guests includes Mary J, in which case I'll break it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    Arcade Fire wont start until Disclosure ends, leaving 30 minutes early is pointless unless you REALLY want a great spot for AF.

Remember Atoms for Peace and Gorillaz? Or PJ Harvey and Kanye or AF and Empire of the sun that same year?

neither.
    Kanye came out while PJ Harvey was still playing. The bleed was pretty bad.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Arcade Fire is a shitstain. Gotta be a real douche to enjoy that hipster-toe-tapping trash.
    THIS IS SOME REAL SHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Prelude View Post
    Arcade Fire is a shitstain. Gotta be a real douche to enjoy that hipster-toe-tapping trash.
    You're a shitstain.

Anyone know what the overlap was on this?

Lurker

Can't say what time disclosure's set ended but Arcade Fire came on about 5 minutes late (due to Beck going over). And they also went over, haven't seen the sound cut on back to back acts before. Also neither act cared and kept their shows going.

Whatever you do, don't miss the Arcade Fire set... it was phenomenal.

I don't think the overlap was too large, maybe 2-3 songs into Arcade Fire. I like Disclosure, but I was feeling so right after Beck I didn't want the fairly "eclectic" and raucous Disclosure crowd to ruin it for me, so I got a beer in the adjacent Garden and caught a few minutes before heading back to get a close spot for Arcade Fire. That would be my advice unless you are a diehard Disclosure fan.

My conflict is that I've never seen disclosure and saw af in 11. But I really want to be there for latch but I also don't want to miss reflektor or power out and rebellion

You can watch all of Disclosure from near the sound stage and still catch the majority of AF...very happy I did this as the second half of AFs setlist was absolutely unreal

Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    My conflict is that I've never seen disclosure and saw af in 11. But I really want to be there for latch but I also don't want to miss reflektor or power out and rebellion
    Disclosure went until about 10:35. Arcade Fire had already started when they ended, and they ended with Latch. so maybe keep to the back left of the Outdoor?
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

This overlap was surprisingly easy. We saw all of Disclosure and could faintly hear AF start playing Reflektor. If the setlists are identical, you'll miss all of Reflektor and half of Flashbulb Eyes. That's it.

Right when Mary J Blige jumped on with disclosure (maybe like 3rd to last song?) was when Arcade Fire opened with Reflector. If you go far back enough and stand between stages you can def catch both lol
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Passion Pit drew the biggest congregation of white people that couldn't dance that I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayleymoo View Post
    Right when Mary J Blige jumped on with disclosure (maybe like 3rd to last song?) was when Arcade Fire opened with Reflector. If you go far back enough and stand between stages you can def catch both lol
    For me I have to say that both = neither.

I feel like thats the equivalent of putting your favorite burger in a blender with your favorite ice cream and drinking it down.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Latch will be the last song, start leaving when you hear it. Mary J Blige will be prior to Sam Smith.
    That was their order for our weekend.