Thread: Did ANYBODY get a local pass online?

Default Did ANYBODY get a local pass online?

As a local striking out online, and now asking around, it seems like nobody around Indio was able to buy a local pass. Nobody I know. Nobody my friends know. Nobody was able to buy a local pass. Seems strange?

I bought at will call for the last two years. There was never a line for the passes. No big rush or urgency. But they go online and poof! All gone. Many never had a chance to finish the purchase process. Almost like somebody ran a computer program and bought them all in 2 seconds.

Now me and all my friends have struck out. These is not right. Especially when they were so easily available the last two years and this years process appears to be a spoof. Many of us that have gone for years are either going to miss out or going to face risking all the risks associated with scammers and price gougers on CraigsRisk.

Please post if anybody had success with buying a local pass or not!

Goldenvoice, please take a look at the process. Something might have gone wrong and/or help out this "super fan" buy a pass! I have been going since the 1st show in 1999 and am sickend while sitting here considering my options looking at CraigsRisk (CraigsList).

Regretfully,
    Super Bummed Super Fan (Chris)

Lurker

Default Re: Did ANYBODY get a local pass online?

The site was very misleading asking for a code. People didn't realize that they were supposed to enter their zip code there. It will be interesting to see how many they end up with after these a-holes that bought them and wont be able to show proof of residency. The site said that if you cant show proof, they will credit the card used to make the purchase. What are they going to do with the passes?

Hopefully sell them at the door. That would be interesting.

Lurker

Makes me wonder if they will have a stand by list to purchase the tickets. Might be worth going to the tennis gardens to find out..

Lurker

Well weekend two for locals go on sale tomorrow.

Yea the online thing was a fuck up for local sale. GV failed trying to make it easier...for them.

Before u had to have ID there and match upon arrival.

Hope they don't do it again next year.

A big thank you to everyone for your replies.

So its not just me and everyone else that I know that has tried. The real few hundred. Not the 1000's of those "locals" online. And like said above, how many don't go through because of non-valid ID's, unfulfilled payment plans, or no shows. Maybe if enough post and or complain, Goldenvoice will see the problem and bad local press they are getting from us locals that relied on this system.

Hopefully they will see the problem and sell local passes like they always have... walk up, show your ID, pay and get a bracelet. Clean and simple. No Online BS. Super bummer for us locals relying on local passes. Super bummer! Do the right thing Goldenvoice. You always have. Please don't let us locals down now!

Signed,
    Always Relied on Local Sales & Now Let Down!

Entitled much?

Thanks for the support Steve!

I did pre-sale. Hiya Steve!
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

We were able to purchase tickets no problem. It was fast and very easy. We were on line right at 10 and within seconds have my confirmation. And yes I'm a Coachella local !!!

Well there is one success story. Have fun! I am still searching.

Lurker

I bought mine in the presale as well. It's the only way to do it. I just drove by Monroe ave. People are lined up on the street with signs looking for tickets.