Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The dreaded wife / girlfriend conflict

Default Re: The dreaded wife / girlfriend conflict

my boyfriend and i were basically separated the entire weekend last year. We would just have a set time/place to meet up in case we wanted to eat, hang out in between sets, or meet up to watch a set together. You're spending too much money to no see who you like

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Yes. Why don't you decide when and for what your wife gets to leave the house. Why make her think she has the autonomy to want to experience something at all?
    How many testicles do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

My wife is attending her first Coachella this year. She understands we can't watch everything together. Her brother and sister are also going, as are a group of our friends. It really helps having other people you both know there. Her sister is going to watch Muse with her while I go to watch Nas.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Me and you, yo mamma and yo small Latina big titty wife, toooo
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Is it so unreasonable to assume that somebody who is asserting that her boyfriend not go off on separate sets is because she wants to experience what she loves together? Even if my gf wanted to see something else, I'd be super bummed if she left me to see something else during 66 or Crown of Love, songs that remind me of her and that I'd like to share together. I think it's more misogynistic to assume that it's because she's needy and insecure. Not seeing how assuming someone in a relationship wants to experience things together is anti-woman. But I get it, we're all blind to our prejudices so I'm open to correction.
    Then why should he have to compromise? If she's so set on "experiencing it together" then she can "experience it" and sets he wants to see. Or the ones they both want to see? Why do they have to see every set together? They're paying $350+, now is not the time to compromise.

There are many options for cool live music!
    Last edited by GirlTalk; 04-09-2014 at 12:11 PM.

We need pictures to assess the situation better.

Excellent point sonic. I feel that his wife's curvaceous nature is a crucial factor in all of this and without being able to ascertain the extent of that curvaceousness all of us are just blindly shooting in the dark.

Hey now, just because she's Latina, that doesn't necessarily mean she's "dark".

9/21 - Arsis @ New Royal Dive
    10/28 - Tycho @ North Park Theatre
    10/30 - The Rural Alberta Advantage @ Soda Bar
    11/4 - United Nations @ Los Globos
    11/12 - DFA 1979 @ House Of Blues
    11/14 - The Presets @ North Park Theatre
    11/29 - Cake @ Del Mar

My fiance is on the Bastille train as well. We agreed that we would split up and it would be no big deal come festival time. But then the set times came out and there is absolutely nothing that I'm even remotely interested in during Bastille. And she knows it. "Come on, they'll be fun". Sends me some stupid YouTube video "Don't they seem fun?". "They're British...you know I love British acts." Yea...all of them except for Radiohead. I mean what the fuck.

My plan is to sneak away back to camp and grab a drink. Shit is looking real bleak though.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    If she doesn't want attention, maybe she should have thought twice about being small, Latina, and curvy.
    I think that Curvy in Latin means mondo fupa y mushroom top... not sure though...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    Hey now, just because she's Latina, that doesn't necessarily mean she's "dark".
    *slow clap*

Quote Originally Posted by craigoneil View Post
    im in bed sick, after having put our dog down, and was sick right before that, so these responses are making my day.

p.s. all girls have a jewelry pout, even the coolest of you knows how to book a classy guilt trip. its ok, seriously.

btw, juggling a wife and girlfriend during coachella shouldnt be a problem. if you wife was cool you could share your love of music and your girlfriend over the weekend.
    You win
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Another guy that will probably be at Bastille because of the GF. I prefer spending the weekend with her than running around by myself. I drag her to enough stuff that she doesn't care about, if there is something that she really wants to see, I can suck it up for an hour.

I have gone with my girlfriend four years in a row now. We see quite a bit of the shows together but pretty much separate for a set or two each day, sometimes more. Like someone else said, you're spending a lot of money to see these bands and you should see who you want to see. That being said, there are probably 10-12 bands this year that I would not miss for anyone. As long as I'm not missing those shows I don't mind checking out a couple shows I don't care about if my girlfriend wants to see them with me.

I am forcing my boyfriend to go to Neutral Milk Hotel. I think he was really hoping there would be someone else he wanted to see then, but there is not. But I love them and they mean a lot to me and I will be happy he is there so he is coming. It will be the same as when I went to Death From Above a few years ago with him. It's all give and take.

I'm sure she will be fine by herself. Make some friends around you that she can tag along with, I've done that. People at Coachella can be so friendly!

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Why don't you just each see the shows you want to see? Do you not trust her to be alone without you?
    This.
    My girlfriend and I don't agree on everything. We plan on splitting up and finding each other later. Coachella happens once a year.

ITT: people circle jerk about how awesome and independent they are from their SO.
    You know, it's like, not unheard of people in loving relationships prefer to spend time together when they're on vacation. But I guess Coachella is different. Because if you're not at the artist who makes your dick the hardest or your pussy the soggiest, then you ain't doin it right.

Quote Originally Posted by emoboiler View Post
    This.
    My girlfriend and I don't agree on everything. We plan on splitting up and finding each other later. Coachella happens once a year.
    Exactly
    My wife and I go see whoever we feel like seeing..... Sometimes we are together sometimes we are not. Coachella is about going to see bands we want to see.
    09-10-11-12-13-14

Quote Originally Posted by Blaker View Post
    ...you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like.
    "No, No, you're not thinking - You're just being Logical" - Neils Bohr

Last year my girlfriend and I spent about 98% of Coachella seeing the same acts and then a few weeks later we broke up. The break up was completely unrelated to having to compromise over which bands to see. I found out she had been cheating on me for several months.

Quote Originally Posted by kneuller View Post
    Last year my girlfriend and I spent about 98% of Coachella seeing the same acts and then a few weeks later we broke up. The break up was completely unrelated to having to compromise over which bands to see. I found out she had been cheating on me for several months.
    Action = Reaction.

See, this is why I go to Coachella with family, they don't care if I abandon them at the gate and run into them near the end. My dad's probably going to see Bastille while I fight to get a good spot for Neko Case.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Fuck this misogynist patronizing bullshit.
    This is perfect

Guys, I said a few posts back that its not about separation anxiety or trust issues. She is small, latina and cruvy and when she gets left alone at festivals she often gets a lot of unwanted attention, which makes her uncomfortable, so she prefer to not be left alone. On top of that, we actually really like each other, music (other than Bastile and Skrillex) is a significant part of our mutual love and respect for each other, we like going to events together because we can talk about music and share a similar passion. I was being cheeky with the jewelry comment, though as I stated later I believe all girlfriends and wives know exactly how to lay on a guilt trip if they would prefer their mate do something they want.
    Dude this festival is in fucking Southern California; if some cat out here wanted to be pussy bullying some short chubby latina senorita he's already doing it. You don't have to worry about some douche with a latina fetish trying to stick his shaft in your wife's enchilada; if some guy wants some of that chipotle vag he's already getting that shit whenever he wants it because we got 3 mexican bitches for every 1 dude we have in so-cal. I could understand your concern if you were going to the Firefly festival; lord knows those Phish loving Delaware stoners only see latina women when they watch Pitbull videos. Who knows what those olfactory rapist wooks might do if they ever saw a real life latina girl. At Coachella you don't have to worry bro; your miniature Sofia Vergara will be safe out here.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjadams90 View Post
    Lolzz, I hate that being buff is now, at least on the message board, is synonymous with being a bro.

You guys do know the working out it good for you? Helps you keep in shape and promotes good health.

Anyways Cool Story Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal Snail View Post
    See, this is why I go to Coachella with family, they don't care if I abandon them at the gate and run into them near the end. My dad's probably going to see Bastille while I fight to get a good spot for Neko Case.
    yer family has great taste in music
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

Bastile vs Kate Nash (or frankly anything else, including getting locked in a bathroom with a badger)

Bastile literally makes me want to cut my eye balls out with a grapefruit spoon. They are a boy band wrapped in an indie wrapped and girls each this shit up... if i hear that "but when you close your eyes..." shit one more time...

she wants to see Cage the Elephant and I would rather light my ball hair on fire and have a troop of flamenco dancers stamp it out.

She wants to see muse and catch some skrillex and I want to see Nas and file for divorce for her wanting to see skrillex

How soon after you divorce her would you like to "hook up"
    fucking hilarious! Bravo....

my suggestion... "pretend" to get lost and do your own damn thing... fuck her! she'll get over it.. she's not going to divorce you over Coachella or how else will she be able to drain another man dry of his funds, manhood, and what little is left of his dignity...

OR suggestion 2... you can do most of what she wants but, she has to give in to anal sex for every band that you don't want to see!!

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Me and you, yo mamma and yo small Latina big titty wife, toooo
    I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Corinnei View Post
    How soon after you divorce her would you like to "hook up"
    fucking hilarious! Bravo....

my suggestion... "pretend" to get lost and do your own damn thing... fuck her! she'll get over it.. she's not going to divorce you over Coachella or how else will she be able to drain another man dry of his funds, manhood, and what little is left of his dignity...

OR suggestion 2... you can do most of what she wants but, she has to give in to anal sex for every band that you don't want to see!!
    Still have the flu and this morning comments were golden. I'm going to pitch the anal sex suggestion. However don't you think Bastille and Skrillex together are worth ass to mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    Get in a fight with her on thursday and make up on Sunday night. Works every time.
    this..BAHAHAHA!
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    We need pictures to assess the situation better.

Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.