Thread: Yuma vs Sahara Lineup and Access

Default Yuma vs Sahara Lineup and Access

Hello everyone. I am planning of spending ALOT of time in the Yuma tent this year. Are the lineups and the crowds inside Yuma as impossible as those in the Sahara tent? Just want an idea as to what to expect/plan for as I cannot miss most of the DJs on Friday and Sunday night. Thanks in advance

Default Re: Yuma vs Sahara Lineup and Access

Last year there was a HUGE line for the bigger names in the Yuma
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I recommend leaving periodically for two reasons.

1. Some of the best parts about Coachella is strolling the grounds and checking out the art, acts you may never have heard of, the gorgeous scenery and the wild crowds.

2. It's lame to stay hang in any one stage for too long, because other people want to come and get spots. This was a problem with Yuma last year, but perhaps not this year as it's bigger.

Also I think worrying about anything related to Coachella is missing the point. Things always pretty much work out as long as you don't do anything too stupid.

I gave up on trying to see Four Tet because the line was ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by mlujan View Post
    I gave up on trying to see Four Tet because the line was ridiculous
    Same. And then I literally saw someone hand the security guard at the exit money ($5? $20?) and thought it was one of the least Coachella things ever. I love the acts in the Yuma but the indoorsness and lines are kind of off-putting. The size this year is encouraging.

Although it did spur me to go see Four Tet in L.A. a few weeks ago and it was excellent. First time seeing him since I don't know how long at Spaceland.

When you say the line was "ridiculous", how long do you estimate it was? And, did you show up right at the beginning of Four Tet's set, or were you early? There are a few sets that I must see as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mcurtis137 View Post
    When you say the line was "ridiculous", how long do you estimate it was? And, did you show up right at the beginning of Four Tet's set, or were you early? There are a few sets that I must see as well.
    It was at capacity, so it was pretty much like being at a club and it was "one in, one out".
    So in other words, people were only being let in as groups of like 10+ were leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

I wouldn't draw much in the way of conclusions from last year's Yuma. The lines to get in last year were terrible for any major name, but it was the first year it was there, and it was pretty small inside. It's larger this year and in a whole new shape with possibly a divided interior, so no one really knows.

You also can't really compare it to the Sahara, since the Sahara is open on all sides, and the Yuma (at least last year) was totally enclosed with a specific entrance.
    06, 08-14

it was ridiculous, really really really, disney world long. and it started prior to his set. from what I recall it was the same for Richie Hawtin as well.

I don't care if it's open tent as long as I can get to see Laurent Garnier for fuck's sake lol
    Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | MSTRKRFT After-party 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ The Mohawk Austin 11/23

You won't have any problem seeing Laurent Garnier. Most fucktards here haven't even heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    You won't have any problem seeing Laurent Garnier. Most fucktards here haven't even heard of him.
    My favorite post of the year

It was only long for weekend one. there was never a line for weekend 2

most excited artist of the year... will be there for the whole set raging my ass off

I feel like with the 2 entrances/2 separate floor spaces it's going to be much easier this year. And Laurent Garnier and Bicep are going to be really empty, I think.

11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

Weekend two had like 5-10 minute line up tops for the big acts. It wasn't bad at all. If they managed to make it that much better after a week who knows what they could do with a whole entire year!

I find it so sad that they had to like, move real dance music into a smaller tent called the Yuma and let a bunch of Cheesy acts take over the Sahara. RIP Sahara
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

lol sadly you're right
    Catz n Dogz @ It'll Do 11/1 | Death From Above 1979 @ Granada Theater 11/8 | MSTRKRFT After-party 11/8 | Eats Everything @ Kingdom Austin 11/13 | Sasha @ It'll Do Dallas 11/22 | Caribou @ The Mohawk Austin 11/23

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I feel like with the 2 entrances/2 separate floor spaces it's going to be much easier this year. And Laurent Garnier and Bicep are going to be really empty, I think.
    haha nobody will be at Dixon since Dixon's timeslot is clashing with Outkast

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    I find it so sad that they had to like, move real dance music into a smaller tent called the Yuma and let a bunch of Cheesy acts take over the Sahara. RIP Sahara
    Wonder how empty the Sahara will be when DJ Falcon is on

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Is that confirmed? I don't want to even think about it... but any chance one entrance is VIP only?

I am happy they gave him a 2 hour set
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Quote Originally Posted by zizek_cums View Post
    Weekend two had like 5-10 minute line up tops for the big acts. It wasn't bad at all. If they managed to make it that much better after a week who knows what they could do with a whole entire year!
    This had nothing to do with Goldenvoice... it had to do with the amount of people at weekend 2

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    I think putting out the Yuma tent was the most brilliant thing GV ever! With EDM at full speed ahead, Sahara tent is doing what Sahara tent does best, RAGE!! Yuma last year did an amazing job of keeping the sounds of the underground where it belongs... In a dark and vibey kind of warehouse environment! People will come and go, but the heads will rip up that wooden dance floor with phat speaker stacks, and the utmost brilliant track selectors! I'll be in the HOUSE fo' sho!

Quote Originally Posted by GooseOnTheLoose View Post
    I think putting out the Yuma tent was the most brilliant thing GV ever! With EDM at full speed ahead, Sahara tent is doing what Sahara tent does best, RAGE!! Yuma last year did an amazing job of keeping the sounds of the underground where it belongs... In a dark and vibey kind of warehouse environment! People will come and go, but the heads will rip up that wooden dance floor with phat speaker stacks, and the utmost brilliant track selectors! I'll be in the HOUSE fo' sho!
    Its not really underground now that's its at Coachella The scene will/has undoubtedly suffered. It used to be underground now your seeing more and more hipsters getting into this stuff.