Thread: Courierpoint??

Default Courierpoint??

Someone wants to sell me a Coachella Ticket from Toronto for $740.

She sent me her address and linkedin profile.

She wants me to pay via Courierpoint? Is this safe?

Please help. I really want to go but this seems like a scam.

Default Re: Courierpoint??

No input?? :/

Nope, the 8 minutes for this thread are up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Nope, the 8 minutes for this thread are up.
    lmao

b seriously though

im stressing

all seriousness though

has anyone heard of this company?
    Last edited by JayXMonsta; 04-08-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Think to yourself. What and how would you make accommodations to pay someone in a different country that would make you feel safe? What could you possibly arrange?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

So let me get this straight, you're considering sending $740 via a little known payment website to a seller you've never met that happens to be located in another country? And you want to know if this transaction can be trusted?

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    So let me get this straight, you're considering sending $740 via a little known payment website to a seller you've never met that happens to be located in another country? And you want to know if this transaction can be trusted?
    I mean.. Honestly I wasn't going to go through with this unless a few people came forward on here and said that Courierpoint is safe like Paypal..

Even if you did paypal and got your money back, it would be in 30+ days...I would at least ask for Paypal. If you were buying locally you'd still be unsure if its legitimate..

Quote Originally Posted by DFrank View Post
    Even if you did paypal and got your money back, it would be in 30+ days...I would at least ask for Paypal. If you were buying locally you'd still be unsure if its legitimate..
    Honestly 30+ days isn't the end of the world, as long as I get the money back obviously. I just sent her an email asking about Paypal, and explained I didn't feel safe with this no name company handing so much of my money.

Thanks for your input everyone.

It's extremely appreciated.

It is a delivery service that started in the UK. I suspect that all it does is make deliveries and cannot guarantee anything other than delivery.

OP - Did you end up going through with the transaction? I've found someone who is also suggesting Courierpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by petermhughes View Post
    OP - Did you end up going through with the transaction? I've found someone who is also suggesting Courierpoint.
    Nope, is her name Dana? lol

I asked about Paypal but I'm assuming she is ignoring me now.

That's her. Dana McKenzie. I asked for proof of purchase and she went silent.

Quote Originally Posted by petermhughes View Post
    That's her. Dana McKenzie. I asked for proof of purchase and she went silent.
    Lol

Well I just gave up.

Not going to coachella this year!

Going to Outside Lands instead.

$600 is to much for a ticket when Kanye is better then everyone playing Coachella imo lol.

I got the same thing...her name Dana?

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawife View Post
    I got the same thing...her name Dana?
    That's amazing that she has so many Coachella tickets haha... seriously though guys be careful she sounds like a scammer.

Hi, I am a director of Courierpoint Limited, a UK delivery company trading as courierpoint.com. It would appear that somebody is using our corporate identity to try and take money fraudulently using a version of our logo and presenting themselves as courierpoint.ca.

We have no connection with this person and I think it fairly likely that any money you pay to them will be lost.

We sell delivery services from the UK to anywhere across the world and only take payment for these services as part of the order process through our secure website. We do not sell anything else.

Robert Wiggin

I got someone from Canada named Linda Layman wanting me to send money yesterday. Definitely was a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by courierpoint View Post
    Hi, I am a director of Courierpoint Limited, a UK delivery company trading as courierpoint.com. It would appear that somebody is using our corporate identity to try and take money fraudulently using a version of our logo and presenting themselves as courierpoint.ca.

We have no connection with this person and I think it fairly likely that any money you pay to them will be lost.

We sell delivery services from the UK to anywhere across the world and only take payment for these services as part of the order process through our secure website. We do not sell anything else.

Robert Wiggin
    wow thanks for clearing this up

Quote Originally Posted by JayXMonsta View Post
    Lol

Well I just gave up.

Not going to coachella this year!

Going to Outside Lands instead.

$600 is to much for a ticket when Kanye is better then everyone playing Coachella imo lol.

On second thought- it sounds like a safe deal to me-go for it!

...Kanye? Really? You fucking pussy

Quote Originally Posted by levi760 View Post
    On second thought- it sounds like a safe deal to me-go for it!

...Kanye? Really? You fucking pussy
    YEEEZUS JUST ROSE AGAIN

****THIS IS A SCAM!!!! My girlfriend and I did a lot of research on this. Although we knew we were taking a risk it seemed to be legit. DANA MCKENZIE was out point of contact for the tickets and MAYA was our contact at courierpoint. we sent our money through western union to an agent named Sigurt Fleck. COMPLETE BULLSHIT scam and ruined our coachella weekend (weekend one, 2014). Terrible people our there!! DO NOT DO IT

And to the "Director" Robert Wiggin at Courierpoint Limited- this is something (if you really are who you say you are) that YOU need to fix. This is ruining your reputation because I am making sure to post everyplace I can to regard this company as a scam. People shouldn't have to go through what we had to. You would think this would be something a big company could be able to track and shut down if in fact you are telling the truth.

It has nothing to do with the actual company, though. Someone is abusing their logo and name. How can you be such an asshole towards so done who is being taken advantage of? That's like me calling you an asshole for falling for the western union scam. Pretty much the oldest scam when it comes to selling fake passes. The. Are uk based and this is happening in another country. Policing the internet is pretty impossible.

How much research did you actually do? There are multiple threads here about never using western union, never buying via 3rd party etc.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-13-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Hi theige101, I understand your anger and I share it. Apart from the damage that this person or people are doing to our reputation and the amount of time we are spending trying to prevent more people being caught in this scam, I feel so bad for you loosing so much money and not being able to attend Coachcella. However, the fact is that we didn't cause this problem, we couldn't do anything to prevent it in the case of people that didn't check with us first (thankfully some did and we stopped them being caught) and despite great effort we can't get the real identity of the person or people behind this scam. Hopefully we will succeed in getting the phishing site shut down but it takes time and will almost certainly pop up again in another domain within hours.

The reality is that internet provides us all with vast freedom and this has a cost. We are all responsible for checking to make sure that people we are planning to do business with are legitimate. You are sensible to cast doubt as to whether I am who I say I am. If it matters to you then please do your research and make your own mind up.

Hey guys, I got scammed to but didn't make it to the payment portion - fortunately.

My brother is something of an "information security" professional, and I turned this over to him when the Invoice PDF came in.

This is him now -->

Brother here,
    I went digging for whatever I could find on this fool, based on the information they sent over to us, and some clever skills I've picked up that help me document and trace the identities and potential locations of fraudsters like this asshole.

Since we have CourrierPoint's attention on this thread, I'd like to turn this over to you guys - At the very least, cross reference this asshole named "Gustav Kemler" with whatever info I provide here to see if you can find the guy who's scamming everybody. This would work in your favor, I've already done half the work for you.

Below, you will find the e-mail I sent our friend who is posing as "Sophia Cavalo" and asking that we transfer funds to "Gustav Kemler", the Courier Agent located in the UK.

"Let me tell you a few things about yourself, and this is just having spent about 30 minutes digging into who you are, and where you are - which, by the way, I will continue to do before I submit a full case of research and found facts for private investigation...because this kind of shit makes me horny.

So listen closely, please.

Here are the following facts I can confirm I've associated with you.
    That there is some courier in the UK registered to a Gustav Kemler who is going to cash this scam money out. I would suspect this is probably a fake identity of a friend, or your own.

I can also confirm the following associations.
    You are using the address of this organization http://www.mckinsey.com/, as your own. You are most definitely not named Sophia Cavalo, and the photograph in your LinkedIn is actually Roberta Medina. See attached photograph.

Things do, however, get worse for you. Here's why. Not only is the PDF you sent from that empty/shell domain name FAKE, but you fucked up and embedded metadata from your own personal machine onto that file. Good luck figuring out what metadata that is, and how I was able to munge that from the rubbish you sent.

You don't know who you've been fucking with.

In addition to this, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're an individual from the UK studying at Victoria University in Toronto, and you're in your late teens or early 20's.

Here's my favorite bit of info, so far: David Eckard.

And if I'm able to know this much about you, I wonder if maybe I might have been misleading you with the information and the messages I sent to you initially? Think about it.

I'll keep digging, but let me know if you receive the funds, and when you do - please, inform me so that I can instruct you on how to shove them expressly up your own ass.

Thank you for your time and your help.
    I really appreciate it! I'm so glad I get to go to Coachella now!!"
    Here's the JPG of the image they'd use on their LinkedIn that they'd stolen from Roberta Medina.
    Roberta.jpg

And here's a screenshot of the supposed "Sender's Information" and the payment instructions for the courier agent:

PDF.jpg

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...422557700.html

Can someone look at this link and tell me if this is fraud.

Thanks,