Thread: Everyone get ready to bitch tonight...

Default Everyone get ready to bitch tonight...

If GV really is on the verge of destroying two amazing back to back to back streaks with OutKast/Knife/Replacements and AF/Beck/NMH in order to satisfy the idiotic masses that his years lineup is CLEARLY aimed for. Then part of me will be extremely disappointed, if this all is true we might as well get it over with. Drop the damn set times

Default Re: Everyone get ready to bitch tonight...

I think Kast/Knife/Replacements was probably to satisfy the musicians demands on stage and times...not the attendees.

Could be. The only positive thing is we most likely will be able to see them all, but having shitty spots for OutKast just blows

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I think Kast/Knife/Replacements was probably to satisfy the musicians demands on stage and times...not the attendees.
    This

This

Girl Talk > Outkast has already been confirmed for Friday night...
    2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

Upcoming Shows:

10/03 Odesza @ MHOW
    10/11 American Football & Into It. Over It. @ Webster Hall
    10/15 Flying Lotus @ T5
    10/16 Chet Faker @ Webster Hall
    10/17 Minus The Bear @ Gramercy Theater
    10/29 Brother Ali @ The Knitting Factory
    10/30 togetherPangea @ Bowery Ballroom
    11/08 The Polish Ambassador @ Irving Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by RapidFireTollBooth View Post
    Girl Talk > Outkast has already been confirmed for Friday night...
    Some people have posted that Girl Talks manager said that he thought that that would be the situation. Official will be when we hear it from GV.

I for one have a hard time believing that Girl Talk will be on the Main Stage Friday night without putting a new album out since 2010.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

I'm ready for the pain. Let's do thisssssssss
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    Some people have posted that Girl Talks manager said that he thought that that would be the situation. Official will be when we hear it from GV.

I for one have a hard time believing that Girl Talk will be on the Main Stage Friday night without putting a new album out since 2010.
    Girl Talk literally dropped an EP a few hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post

Alright, whatever you say.

The only reason I want the set times to drop is so that 80% of the users on these boards are proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Alright, whatever you say.
    He did actually with Freeway. Which don't get me wrong, I LOVE me some Freeway. I listen to The Stimulus Package religiously... But thats with Jake One not Girl Talk so whatevs...
    2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

Upcoming Shows:

10/03 Odesza @ MHOW
    10/11 American Football & Into It. Over It. @ Webster Hall
    10/15 Flying Lotus @ T5
    10/16 Chet Faker @ Webster Hall
    10/17 Minus The Bear @ Gramercy Theater
    10/29 Brother Ali @ The Knitting Factory
    10/30 togetherPangea @ Bowery Ballroom
    11/08 The Polish Ambassador @ Irving Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by parkermaass View Post
    Not an album. I'm looking at the poster again and Girl Talk is on the second line so it could happen, but I'll be surprised. I guess he will bring out a bunch of southern rappers.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by fugitive View Post
    If GV really is on the verge of destroying two amazing back to back to back streaks with OutKast/Knife/Replacements and AF/Beck/NMH in order to satisfy the idiotic masses that his years lineup is CLEARLY aimed for. Then part of me will be extremely disappointed, if this all is true we might as well get it over with. Drop the damn set times
    The idealist in me says that PT has two purposes. 1) make a f*ckload of money by bringing in acts like Lana, Lorde, Pharrell, et al., and 2) curate a great festival that he would want to share with his music buds that he could be proud of and allow him to sleep at night. #1 helps feed #2 by allowing him to book these great acts and drawing the bro crowd to the "popular" acts to leave the "real" fans to the other acts. I hope (but doubt) that I'm right.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by parkermaass View Post
    no, he dropped an EP literally a few hours ago. see how that works...

Quote Originally Posted by ZacNW View Post
    no, he dropped an EP literally a few hours ago. see how that works...
    Hey, we don't know for sure whether he literally dropped an EP. He could have been carrying quite a few at one time.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Or, who gives a fuck it's Girl Talk.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Just practicing my snark. After trolling around the forums for the past few weeks I think im getting pretty good at it

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    The idealist in me says that PT has two purposes. 1) make a f*ckload of money by bringing in acts like Lana, Lorde, Pharrell, et al., and 2) curate a great festival that he would want to share with his music buds that he could be proud of and allow him to sleep at night. #1 helps feed #2 by allowing him to book these great acts and drawing the bro crowd to the "popular" acts to leave the "real" fans to the other acts. I hope (but doubt) that I'm right.
    Real talk, although the Sahara has been gross for the past few years, we need to get past the uber-elitism when it comes to this lineup (once again, sans Sahara). Lorde was an act that virtually everybody applauded, Pitchfork gave great reviews/coverage to so it wasn't just pop kids, and is an obvious choice for any music festival. Pharrell is arguably one of the most influential figures in the entire sound of hip-hop as a genre, and unless I'm missing something this is his only major US festival appearance. Lana del Ray, whatever, contrived and all that I get it, but she's actually relatively rare live and I do not think she has done a festival performance, at least one of the majors, potentially ever but certainly not in the past few years. Where is Bumblebee where you need it.

At the end of the day, I'm still seeing an American major that has OutKast's first show in over a decade, The Replacements, The Knife, Bryan Ferry, Afghan Whigs, Pharrell's only festival set, Neutral Milk Hotel, QOTSA, Disclosure, Neko Case, Pet Shop Boys, Nas performing Illmatic, and motherfucking Motorhead. Forget about Ellie and Chromeo, that shits on Lolla and OSL in terms of "music snobbery" by a mile. Governor's Ball? Some might argue it's better rounded but comes nowhere near Coachella's weight class in terms of rarity/exclusivity. I personally think it's got by far better highlights than Roo, but I'm also willing to admit that for some tastes Roo might have the edge. I also think it's on par with Glastonbury.

The point of the matter is that every year the initial lineup has been disappointing, Coachella has gone on to have the strongest lineup of any major festival. Awful is Lollapalooza. Uninspiring is Outside Lands. I think Paul is likely proud of the lineup as a whole, not just the "ones to displace the bros".

Now, Sahara is its own fucking disaster, but I tend to think that's more reflective of the state of EDM's popularity as a whole and this is nothing new.

It's not Primavera, but if Coachella was really concerned with taking the easy way out, they could do so a lot more easily.

Preach on!

More threads need clear, cogent arguments like travelfan's above. Take notes, everyone.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

lana played lollapalooza last year but it doesn't take away from your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

i already bitched when the lineup came. Everyone is pretty much a repeater except outkast. lol what conflicts then?

Real talk, although the Sahara has been gross for the past few years, we need to get past the uber-elitism when it comes to this lineup (once again, sans Sahara). Lorde was an act that virtually everybody applauded, Pitchfork gave great reviews/coverage to so it wasn't just pop kids, and is an obvious choice for any music festival. Pharrell is arguably one of the most influential figures in the entire sound of hip-hop as a genre, and unless I'm missing something this is his only major US festival appearance. Lana del Ray, whatever, contrived and all that I get it, but she's actually relatively rare live and I do not think she has done a festival performance, at least one of the majors, potentially ever but certainly not in the past few years. Where is Bumblebee where you need it.

At the end of the day, I'm still seeing an American major that has OutKast's first show in over a decade, The Replacements, The Knife, Bryan Ferry, Afghan Whigs, Pharrell's only festival set, Neutral Milk Hotel, QOTSA, Disclosure, Neko Case, Pet Shop Boys, Nas performing Illmatic, and motherfucking Motorhead. Forget about Ellie and Chromeo, that shits on Lolla and OSL in terms of "music snobbery" by a mile. Governor's Ball? Some might argue it's better rounded but comes nowhere near Coachella's weight class in terms of rarity/exclusivity. I personally think it's got by far better highlights than Roo, but I'm also willing to admit that for some tastes Roo might have the edge. I also think it's on par with Glastonbury.

The point of the matter is that every year the initial lineup has been disappointing, Coachella has gone on to have the strongest lineup of any major festival. Awful is Lollapalooza. Uninspiring is Outside Lands. I think Paul is likely proud of the lineup as a whole, not just the "ones to displace the bros".

Now, Sahara is its own fucking disaster, but I tend to think that's more reflective of the state of EDM's popularity as a whole and this is nothing new.

It's not Primavera, but if Coachella was really concerned with taking the easy way out, they could do so a lot more easily.

Sorry, you'll have to excuse me for a second. I'm not used to well balanced and thoughtful responses on this forum.