Thread: Are you allowed to bring your own Signs/posters into the festival?

Default Are you allowed to bring your own Signs/posters into the festival?

Does any one know if you are able to bring signs/posters into the festival? I haven't read anything that says you can't but I just want to make sure. It would be a foam board picture of my brother in law who can't make it.

Thanks for your help!

Default Re: Are you allowed to bring your own Signs/posters into the festival?

As long as they aren't annoying or obnoxious as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

No, you're only allowed to bring someone else's signs or posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

You can bring it in, but if it's blocking my view, you can bet your ass I'm going to knock it down.

you can try but most likely no
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Passion Pit drew the biggest congregation of white people that couldn't dance that I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by kikusam15 View Post
    Does any one know if you are able to bring signs/posters into the festival? I haven't read anything that says you can't but I just want to make sure. It would be a foam board picture of my brother in law who can't make it.

Thanks for your help!
    Briefly consider that everyone going to the festival knows someone who couldn't make it. Then briefly consider every one of those people bringing a sign for said person.

Do you see the problem?
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

They are NOT going to let you past the security check with a sign

Think about it...there are thousands of people and the people behind you shouldn't have their view blocked because you have a sign you want to show the world.

No way they let it through.

In the unlikely event you sneak it through...expect a ton of fans pissed off at you.

Think about it...if you are at your favorite show and some dude has a big sign in front of you they keep holding up ....blocking YOUR view...Don't be a douche ...don't make the sign...don't bring a sign to make....let this one go.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by kikusam15 View Post

Thanks for your help!
    if you hold that up during a set you will not be making any friends
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

I will be an asshole and I will tell you to put the sign down. That shit's even worse than taking pictures with an iPad.

don't be that guy
    "I hate you. I hate you. I don’t even know you, and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you." -Silky Johnston

How about no.

Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    I will be an asshole and I will tell you to put the sign down. That shit's even worse than taking pictures with an iPad.
    Bingo....I'll add...that's not being an asshole...it's calling someone out who's acting like an idiot and everyone around you and behind you are happy you did...they were just too chicken to say anything.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

You'll only be allowed to bring it in if you spend hundreds of dollars and > 10 hours making it. Also you will have to convince security of the time and money you spent while you hold up the line. If you can do those things then yes you can bring in your foam friend.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Honestly cannot understand why anyone would think this is a good idea. Spoiler alert: your brother in law will not be able to see or hear anything that's going on even if you hold up a picture of him.

I did not pay this amount to see your sign instead of the artist.

If your brother in law is horribly disabled, like Steven Hawking level, I could definitely see bringing in a gopro on a pole and a backpack so you could stream the festival or him and make him feel included in his friends' fun. If you decorated that gopro with a small picture of him, or a cool tiny sign with his name and how awesome he is, you would make lots of friends at Coachella. I would be stoked to meet you and be inspired by your dedication to your brother-in-law.

If he's just a dude who can't go for any normal reason, and you bring a giant sign with his name/image with no way for him to even see it, he may be a megalomaniac who is dominating your family in a strange way. Or you may be in love with him and not know it.

Either way, don't block people's views unless it's for something really, really important.

Huge posters are pointless and annoying as fuck