View Poll Results: Would you dish out the cash to see Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin if they toured?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd spend as much money as possible in order to see either reunion tour

13 23.21%
  • I wouldn't spend more than $250 on a ticket, but a decent amount

37 66.07%
  • I wouldn't go unless it was for free or I won tickets, there are many other bands i could see for less

5 8.93%
  • I have no interested in seeing Pink Floyd or a Led Zeppelin reunion.

1 1.79%

Thread: If Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin actually toured, would you spend the $$$ to see them?

Default If Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin actually toured, would you spend the $$$ to see them?

We all know that a decent seat for one of these bands (if they went back on tour) would be atleast $250 if they did tour, or much higher.
    That being said, would you actually spend that much money for it?

Default Re: If Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin actually toured, would you spend the $$$ to see the

This is for a single concert and not being at a festival...

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Default Re: If Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin actually toured, would you spend the $$$ to see the

I would pay $100 for either.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Pink Floyd I'd pay close to $200 (for an average seat)
    Led Zeppelin I'd pay about $100

I would sell my worldly belongings to afford to see Zepp. Floyd not so much. Maybe up to $100 if they played The Wall in its entirety.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I'd pay just about anything to see Pink Floyd. They're still my number one bucket list act I'm holding out for.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

JOHN BONHAM IS DEAD.

RICK WRIGHT IS DEAD.

LED ZEPPELIN AND PINK FLOYD ARE DEAD.

Let it go, people.

Enjoy the bootlegs.

Pretty much what santasutt said.

Christ I’m fucking old anymore, but an “advantage” of that (about the only thing) is that I was around in the long ago time to catch bands like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd live. Led Zeppelin was actually my very first live concert (Cleveland Public Hall in the fall of ’69). I didn’t realize it then – though I sure did in the next couple years – just how special that was.

And I saw Floyd in ’71, ’73, and ’77 (Case Western Reserve University, Blossom Music Center, Cleveland Stadium). Probably my all-time favorite band, and those were awesome concerts, especially ‘73’s Dark Side tour performance in the woods on a summer night. Epic, really.

But Led Zeppelin’s tried to re-unite a few times in the recent past, and it hasn’t worked out so well. Plus, Robert Plant just can not sing like the Robert Plant of the 70s anymore, which isn’t at all surprising. Without that it couldn’t possibly be the same.

And Waters has been such a dick for so long to his original bandmates that any more Floyd reunions (even with a replacement keyboardist) are highly unlikely.

I don’t know that there are any contemporary bands of the stature (popularity and musical accomplishment) of Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd in their heyday, but the overall depth and breadth of music acts today far outstrips the 70s. A lineup along the lines of Coachella’s would have been a flat impossibility in those days, and even a relative backwater like Phoenix has more good contemporary live music shows in a month now than my old hometown of Cleveland (which used to be a top destination) did in a year back then.

Sure there’s a lot of crap music out there today, just like the 70s. But in my opinion, as far as music is concerned, these are the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    JOHN BONHAM IS DEAD.

RICK WRIGHT IS DEAD.

LED ZEPPELIN AND PINK FLOYD ARE DEAD.

Let it go, people.

Enjoy the bootlegs.
    Bob Stinson is also dead, and Slim Dunlap damn near. You gonna skip the Replacements on Friday?

anyway to answer the question:

- You'd have to pay me to see Pink Floyd

- I would spend good $ to see Zeppelin.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Not for nothing, but the greatest plausible reunion would be Talking Heads.

I paid $250 + for good seats to see the Police. I would do the same for Talking Heads.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I would pay good money for Led Zeppelin.

I owe it to my 14-year-old self.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post

I paid $250 + for good seats to see the Police. I would do the same for Talking Heads.
    The Police phoned in that tour, imo.

I would fork over a paycheck for the Zep. 3-5 hunge for Floyd, assuming Waters and Gilmour are together and they don't kill each other.
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

I'd give my heart to see Zeppelin, and my soul to see Pink Floyd... Money would be no object and I owe it to them both for getting me through the most misguided stages of my life.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post

I would pay pretty much anything to see a TH reunion.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Talking heads would be epic.....of course Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin probably won't reunite these days with the members they have left unless it was for a big charity event (live 8/earth) because of egos, but this is just a what if question if they ever did do an actual tour.
    I love both Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.
    Have anyone seen the reunion dvd in London where people had to win lottery tickets to go? I think it was 2009..i heard they were actually pretty good.

they=led zep

Zeppelin was my favorite in High School but I never got to see them. I would definitely go out of my way.