Thread: Possibility of Wristband Malfunction

Lurker

Cool Possibility of Wristband Malfunction

So this is my first time going to Coachella and I am so excited!!! Being a naturally anxious person, I came up with the thought that my wristband may not scan when I get there. I bought my pass from frontgate so I know it's legit, but I'm still nervous. Does any know of anyone's legitamate wristband that didn't scan for a reason? I need a little reassurance! Thank you all!

LA, Southern California fool-the west coast.

Default Re: Possibility of Wristband Malfunction

If you sweat too much in the car on the way it might not work. That happened to my friend last year.

Just cover your whole body in antiperspirant

if you bought from front gate there would be no worries. if there was any issue with the wristband, customer service is right there, easy to verify you and help.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Yeah, don't take a shower. The soap might get the wristband too clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

last year I scanned in and then out and then in too fast and it set off the system (thanks, record store day! had to stash my goodies).
    it took all of 3 minutes at the window directly next to the gates to get it sorted out. just make sure that if you bought the pass on someone else's credit card, that you have a photocopy of the card info (at least). don't know if it's a must, but having id or CC info that was attached to the order seems to be the fastest way of verifying.

They were suspicious of your pink hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

My wristband malfunctioned in 2011, easily fixed though (I did buy mine through Frontgate).

Just make sure you allow yourself ample time to get in. My wristband didnt scan the first day last year. Had to go to customer service for them to issue me a new one then I had to wait in line AGAIN to get through security. Fortunately I was there early and didnt miss the first act I wanted to see.
    COACHELLA '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (1), '13 (1)

So I didn't buy the tickets from frontgate, but I did register the wristband to me.
    Would I for any reason not be able to have cust service help me?

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRunner View Post
    So I didn't buy the tickets from frontgate, but I did register the wristband to me.
    Would I for any reason not be able to have cust service help me?
    I don't know the correct answer but they should be able to help considering they endorse friends giving passes to friends on the FAQ page...

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTag View Post
    Had to go to customer service for them to issue me a new one then I had to wait in line AGAIN to get through security.
    that's really lame. it would be nice if they had a way to expedite situations like this if it's not the fault of the person, but knowing how uncoordinated security can be i sort of understand why they don't.

reminds me of friday 2011 when i went to companion parking to get something from my car and when i returned they had two lines. one for people carrying nothing and one for campers hauling in their stuff. i was told i had to wait in the line with all of the campers hauling in duffelbags and coolers and tents just because i had a small backpack. cut to an hour and a half later, i'm about 5 people away from security when the same security guard who told me an hour and a half earlier that i couldn't go though the "no bag" line told me "you can just go in this line if all you have is a backpack". thanks dude, saved me a whole two minutes
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Just found this...fuck mine and a lot of people's lives if they choose to enforce this.

3RD PARTY/SCALPER WARNINGo NOT buy from a 3rd party/scalper. We will NOT authenticate or confirm validity of anything bought from a 3rd party/scalper.* You are 100% at your own risk in dealing with 3rd party/scalpers.* We will NOT respond to inquiries about buying or selling passes to/from 3rd parties/scalpers or passes not working that you bought/sold via a 3rd party/scalper. Customer order information, including scan logs, are confidential and will not be released. We can not get involved with issues arising from 3rd party sales.* We’re not getting involved with conversations about 3rd parties buying or selling passes. The original purchaser of the passes is in charge.* Activation of a 3rd party bought wristband does not guarantee entrance or customer service should any issues arise.

I bought mine 3rd party as did several friends last year and didn't have a single issue. We were camping so we were in and out all day. All the same if you did get screwed at the gate it would be a nightmare. I've heard people can cancel their wristbands anytime and have them reissued, so when purchasing I asked for the receipt and a photo of their id.