Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2014 Edition!!

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2014 Edition!!

I feel like you've all forgotten that he has "quit" the board like 3 or 4 times already and keeps coming back.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Default Re: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2014 Edition!!

Can't wait to see you skids. I will definitely be there.

I look forward to the greetings and salutations...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    conservative "entitled" little folk
    Are we talking about the children who we foolishly think are "entitled" to not have to be forced into the sex trade as minors? Or are we talking about the black women who we foolishly think are "entitiled" to be respected as musicians equivalent to their white male peers? Silly us and our conservative ideals.

Potential locations:

The Rainbow Pretzel looking thing that looks to be where the house was last year.

The Robot thing in front of the beer garden between the Main and the Outdoor

In front of the Do Lab in it's new terrace location

Not sure what anything is, but the green things by the Outdoor could be something similar to Sidewalk's End last year. If it is elevated, a few rows of us up the ramp could be interesting.

The Astronaut is out as a location because he moves. i will ask them to show up. Hopefully they can.

ROBOT THING!
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

In front of the H&M dome
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I vote Rainbow Pretzel. I think it accurately reflects the board's sunny disposition.
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Checking out the app and getting a little info on the art:

The rainbow thing is called Light Weaver and is made by the same people who did the arch a couple of years ago with the projections, It should be a blank white canvas during the day.

The robot thing is called Becoming Human and is made by the same people who did the Hand of Man

The green thing by the Outdoor is called the Giant Green Catipillar and i can't determine anything from the artist's website about it except the artist is a welder.

Just don't do it friday morning please. There are records to be sifted through.

Friday morning is out.

If the leaked set times are legit....maybe 3:40-50 or 2:20-30 on Saturday.

I vote 2:20-2:30 Saturday. I don't wanna have to bail Ty Segall early to run across the field for this shot. Well I would, but I don't want to.

Ty's on the Outdoor. 2 of the favorites for location (Becoming Human and the Giant Green Catipillar) are close.

What about 2:30-2:40 at the giant Green Catipillar? So we don't have to leave Foxygen early for the picture?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Just as long as this isn't during Aeroplane, I'll be happy with an early time on saturday.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    What about 2:30-2:40 at the giant Green Catipillar? So we don't have to leave Foxygen early for the picture?
    This. But given the option I would rather leave Foxygen than Ty

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

BD i'll give you $20 if you knock cr dead.
    You might find that illicit type behavior for that price down below the border, but this little senorita won't lift a finger for less than $841.68... and that's just to flip you off ombre!
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Are you able to put your lips up to the tip of yours to blow?

We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

The 220 or 230 time works best for me. I will miss half of Graveyard, but they tour all the time anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Sunday early seems better to me.

But yeah, not missing any of Ty Segall for anything.

Saturday after Temples.....3:30 ish?

We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
    To show my appreciation for your stoic actions, I'm ordering you and your soldiers cockhead helmets with your names engraved below the piss slit.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Kum-ba-yah...

Came in to suggest 2pm ish on Saturday, concur with those who have already recommended it.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

And by 2PM ish, you mean either side of the Foxygen set, I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Right, exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

anytime from 2-240 on Sat is great

I do not like the idea of Leaving Foxygen Early At all! 2:40 is sounds good to me
    Last edited by getbetter; 04-08-2014 at 10:47 PM.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Saturday before like, 4, works.

7/1 - Deafheaven @ The Casbah
    7/11 - Cloud Nothings @ Soda Bar
    7/19 - Wolves In The Throne Room @ Che Cafe
    8/5 - Arcade Fire, Spoon, Dan Deacon @ Sleeptrain Amphitheater
    8/21 - NIN, Soundgarden, Death Grips @ Sleeptrain Amphitheater
    8/22 - Future Islands @ Irenic
    8/23~24 - FYF

i can miss the early part of Temples Week 1 for the shot. 2:30-2:45 seems like it might be the good time. Shot will probably go off at 2:40. This is the leading time at this point. Compelling arguments by a group will be considered in the next day to change the course. Location will be between the Becoming Human Robot and the Green Caterpillar.

Remember what i said about us becoming more famous? we are in the new CAMP! Some of our finest are quoted and a couple of group shot pictures are used. You can see it here or wait until Thursday for the hard copy. And yes, the cover shot is mine. Yay!