View Poll Results: How do you rate this year's lineup?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Approve I love it!

64 50.79%
  • Approve It's OK

41 32.54%
  • Average

17 13.49%
  • I Disapprove

4 3.17%
  • I'm Disgusted

0 0%

Thread: ~~ Official 2014 Lineup Approval Rating ~~ April Pre Fest

Default ~~ Official 2014 Lineup Approval Rating ~~ April Pre Fest

Moving into April, how do you now rate this year's lineup?

FINAL MARCH RESULTS BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Default Re: ~~ Official 2014 Lineup Approval Rating ~~ April Pre Fest

Image isn't loading at work for some reason, can you type out the stats so far? I think it was 4.0 until March.

March increased to 4.2
    fuck.

Gotta admit the lineup looks better after seeing Lolla and Bonnaroo. They also got out in front of a couple acts like Chance the Rapper and Future Islands who have been everywhere since lineup drop, but I would expect them to. I also give them credit for booking Lorde that high, she almost seems under-billed now. Also, its started to sink in how cool the top three of OutKast, The Knife, and The Replacements are on Friday, when maybe it didn't in January because they seemed like logical rumors.

Still have to give it a 4 just before the fest, though. Second lines are just a bit too weak (Girl Talk, Broken Bells, FtP, Lana) for me to justify a 5.

It's going to be tough to beat that 2010 lineup in this annual thread. It wasn't my favorite lineup, but I can definitely see why it's ranked so highly in most people's eyes. 2011 and this year are my favorites in recent years, but both seem to be ranked towards the bottom.

I still maintain that 2012 was the weakest lineup in the history of this festival. Least amount of variety in any of the 15 installments.
    fuck.

Not enough rare/throwback acts that excite me this year.

Less intriguing discoveries in the undercard compared to the past combined with the Muse and Arcade Fire repeats. Maybe because I'm getting older but I give it a 3.9

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    It's going to be tough to beat that 2010 lineup in this annual thread. It wasn't my favorite lineup, but I can definitely see why it's ranked so highly in most people's eyes. 2011 and this year are my favorites in recent years, but both seem to be ranked towards the bottom.

I still maintain that 2012 was the weakest lineup in the history of this festival. Least amount of variety in any of the 15 installments.
    Agreed with all of this.

2012 was the first year in my 8 years of attending that I even considered not going.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    Agreed with all of this.

2012 was the first year in my 8 years of attending that I even considered not going.
    2012 killed me in the face. It was too good.
    Anything is possible...

How is the rating going up? No adds only a couple drops and its going up? Education? Anticipation? I'm holding steady at approval...
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Hey Betty, how about I take you out some time, we have a nice dinner, some drinks, make fun of some darkies, then I beat the shit out of you on the Sunset Strip and we fuck behind the Whisky. Sound like a plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Taking a wizard shit in the ocean is so Jack Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by silver06 View Post
    Gotta admit the lineup looks better after seeing Lolla and Bonnaroo. They also got out in front of a couple acts like Chance the Rapper and Future Islands who have been everywhere since lineup drop, but I would expect them to. I also give them credit for booking Lorde that high, she almost seems under-billed now. Also, its started to sink in how cool the top three of OutKast, The Knife, and The Replacements are on Friday, when maybe it didn't in January because they seemed like logical rumors.

Still have to give it a 4 just before the fest, though. Second lines are just a bit too weak (Girl Talk, Broken Bells, FtP, Lana) for me to justify a 5.
    But MISSED huge gets like st Vincent & cut/copy! Wtf....still blown away by those!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Hey Betty, how about I take you out some time, we have a nice dinner, some drinks, make fun of some darkies, then I beat the shit out of you on the Sunset Strip and we fuck behind the Whisky. Sound like a plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Taking a wizard shit in the ocean is so Jack Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Propellerpete View Post
    How is the rating going up? No adds only a couple drops and its going up? Education? Anticipation? I'm holding steady at approval...
    No adds? They added Courtney Barnett and Zoe. Also, people are discovering more on the lineup as they continue to research.
    fuck.

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

I try to think of every year as unique. Some have had headliners I wanted to see more than others. But every year I discover cool acts I usually wouldn't have seen under normal circumstances. I feel so damn lucky to experience Coachella every year and to have the memories of a great festival.
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

2010 was the drizzling shits. Crazy its so high up there
    Hello my name is Johnny Polite and they are going to kill me...
    Concert Calendar:
    Burning Hotels 1.14 | The Kills 1.23 | Adam Ant 2.7 | Girls 3.9 | Dr. Dog 3.11 | Neon Indian 3.13 | Andrew Bird 3.15| Band of Skulls 3.17

twitter.com/thechris104
    youtube.com/thechris104
    granadatheater.com

2010's lineup was fantastic. Not my personal favorite, but it was great nonetheless.
    fuck.

I am just surprised the post-fest ranking remained so high after the whole ClusterfuckChella disaster. 2010 was a great line up on paper, but my enjoyment of the festival that year was severely diminished by how over crowded it was the entire weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I am just surprised the post-fest ranking remained so high after the whole ClusterfuckChella disaster. 2010 was a great line up on paper, but my enjoyment of the festival that year was severely diminished by how over crowded it was the entire weekend.
    You have to figure the majority of people who go to Coachella don't mind massive crowds.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

2009 was definitely the best festival experience I've had. It was my first year but it seemed like the people were the best that year. The people who went seemed genuinely happy to be there. there was a video on youtube showing the culture as noone wanted to leave sunday night.

wheres the post fest poll?