Thread: how thorough?

Hybrid View

Default how thorough?

How well do the guards check you at the front entrance? I just wanted to see if it was safe to bring some "herbal supllements" in with me.

Default Re: how thorough?

it's pretty chill. A real quick search. You'll have no problem, so long as you dont put it on your hat or directly in bag

2007 will be my third year at Coachella. My advice is...be careful.

You can easily bring almost anything you want in with you. Last year, my brother and I had a backpack full of gatorade and water with us. After the initial pat-down, the Security guy noticed my brother's backpack and directed us over to a screening table where there was another Security guy checking backpacks.

We simply just kept walking into the venue. We did that on both Saturday and Sunday. There are about 25-30 Security personnel attempting to check in 50,000+ people as quickly as possible, so do the math on that one. The pat-down is very brief and amateurish.

On a side note about "herbal supplements", we saw a fair number of people getting busted. I even saved one poor bastard that was standing next to me smoking up on Saturday afternoon. I saw what appeared to be a Narc looking at him and talking into a radio. I told him what was up and within about a minute there were 2 plainclothes agents with tactical vests on that said "ABC" and "POLICE" on them. They took him out a side gate near the main stage which was manned by the Narc guy that I saw with the radio. Numerous undercover police in the venue along with uniformed cops, uniformed ABC agents, and K9 police units. So...yes you can easily bring your herbal supplements in...but beyond that, your mileage may vary, friend.
    Last edited by Mystagogue; 01-23-2007 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystagogue View Post
    I even saved one poor bastard that was standing next to me smoking up on Saturday afternoon. I saw what appeared to be a Narc looking at him and talking into a radio. I told him what was up and within about a minute there were 2 plainclothes agents with tactical vests on that said "ABC" and "POLICE" on them. They took him out a side gate near the main stage which was manned by the Narc guy that I saw with the radio. Numerous undercover police in the venue along with uniformed cops, uniformed ABC agents, and K9 police units.
    Maybe im not understanding your story properly, but how did you "save" him if he ended up getting busted anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut727 View Post
    Maybe im not understanding your story properly, but how did you "save" him if he ended up getting busted anyways?
    Sorry....the guy told me he wasn't holding anything.

I don't know what ultimately happened to him.

Use a sneakatoke and position yourself between large sweaty fat people deep in the crowd.