Thread: Car Camping Weekend 2 - Neighbors/Rides/Campin' Buddies Welcome!

Default Car Camping Weekend 2 - Neighbors/Rides/Campin' Buddies Welcome!

Hey everybody! Last year I came on here looking for other people who wanted to meet up and share car camping space to make one big camp that we could all party at. It was a huge success, had 13 car camping spots all together and about 50 people. It was a lot of fun, meeting people from all over the country and world, and we're looking to do it again. We call it Camp Strangeland (and we have a big banner to go with it). If you're going solo or with a small group and want to party with a bunch of really cool people just let me know! Both noobs and veterans welcome. We're organizing it all through a Facebook group, so just respond to this post and I'll give you my Facebook ID so I can add you. Have fun and good luck!

Joe

Edit: We're meeting up at the Indio Ralph's at 12 noon Thursday 4/17. We'll leave the Ralph's to head into security at 1:30pm. Yes, we are strictly adhering to it because of the amount of time it takes getting through security. Last year we left the store at 2:30 and didn't get through to our camping spot until after the sun went down. We'd like to avoid that this year.
    Last edited by joespain; 03-29-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Lurker

Default Re: Car Camping Weekend 2 - Neighbors/Rides/Campin' Buddies Welcome!

8th Year Coachella Vet here, g/f bowed out, so now I'm going solo. I agree, camping with a chill group is a great way to add to the experience, I'm 30+ male from so cal, would be interested in joining group.

~Chris

Im going with one car with just two of us, would be cool to group up. What time do u guys plan on entering the campgrounds?

Last year we met up in town around noon and headed in around 1:30pm Thursday. It wasn't bad, but the security lines took so long we didn't get settled until after sundown. I'd like to go earlier this year, but not sure if that'd work out.

Hey joespain! Is your offer only available to those w/ camping passes already?

Hey Joe,

As of now, I am going solo. I have a car camping pass and would love to join your camping group!

Hey I'm interested and 420 friendly pls contact me if you still need more ppl

Hi joe, there are 4 in our group with a camping pass, would love to joking your group if possible, let me know

Thanks

Efrain

https://m.facebook.com/efrain.sarabia.3

Lurker

Hi Joe
    were a group of 3, we have companion parking and looking for a place to call home away from home, check pm box please

Hi Joe we are a group of 3. We have a companion parking pass. We have been going to Coachella for a few years now and really enjoy

-Rob https://www.facebook.com/rob.m.hansen

Hey there! Me and my brother are coming over from London for our first ever Coachella experience, ages 20 and 18. We don't have any camping spots but you're group sounds like a lot of fun. If you know of any camping space for two chill English guys we'd love to join in! Will happily share camping costs and bring supplies etc. Let me know!
    Stan

We would love to join too- Aussies! We have a campervan does anyone have a spare car camping pass? We bought tent camping by mistake we r keen to join a good bunch of peopel

So down! See you guys there!

Hi Joe,

My first Coachella and I am going alone! Defenitly interested in camping in the group! Please add me!

Thanks,

Sarah

Hey, we have three spots but there are only four us... A lot of our friends decided to miss out on the fun. Camping/meeting new people/collaborating music opinions etc is a huge part of the experience, at least for us. In conclusion... Can we be apart of the solo camper club?

Mara

Hey I got a car camping pass and would love to be part of a group! first time here.

Holy shit, this really blew up in the last day. Ok, as of now we're pretty full. I'm only letting new people that already have camping passes in. I'll either add you if you left your facebook link or send you a pm with mine. Read the first post in the group, it has the plan for meeting up. Also find the spreadsheet and put yourself and your info on it. Read everything and introduce yourself to everybody!

Good luck everybody else! Try the reddit coachella group on facebook and this forum.

Can you add me again, I accidentally denied you on Facebook, sorry

https://www.facebook.com/efrain.sarabia.3

Hi, Im solo, 420 friendly. willing to pitch on everything! coming from SD. Please let me join your group!

Strangeland sounds like a blast!!! Me + boyfriend. Chill folks from the valley! 25/26 years old and HellaCoachella veterans!! Definitely don't want to miss out on the fun!!!

*** festival pass and car camping are a go for us!

Hi solo camper with a car camping pass heading out from LA. Totally down to join and contribute to the goodtimes!
    https://www.facebook.com/kingslayer23

I have a group of three that might be interested.. Will meet at Ralph's if it's a go

Lurker

Hi, I'm a 12 yr coachella vet and I need space for my girl n me. I'm in OC. I can contribute anything and experience to have a great time