Thread: Will Call Question (comments on previous experiences greatly appreciated!)

Default Will Call Question (comments on previous experiences greatly appreciated!)

Hi guys, Coachella n00b here flying from overseas and driving to the Festival...

We're driving from SD Thursday as early as possible to queue for Car Camping, but a member of our party needs to pick up his wristband from Will Call. I see they open at 9am on Thurs, but IDK how long does the whole delivery process takes? (I'm hoping since it's early on thursday it'll be quick?). We were thinking of dropping him off and have him make his way to our car but there are no shuttles (and he doesn't have a shuttle pass, anyways) on Thursday, and IDK if paying a taxi would be worth it (it'd be about $30ish from what I've read in other posts). So I guess we're stuck with waiting for him to get his wristband before heading for the Car Camping queue?

For you vets that have picked up wristbands in the past, how fast was the entire process, especially if you're there before 9am? Is there a way for him to find his way to us that is not overly complicated?

I don't mind waiting for him, if it's a short wait, I just dont want to lose over an hour of car camping queuing time. So, advice? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Will Call Question (comments on previous experiences greatly appreciated!)

I think someone said it was like a 30 minute process last year. Not sure if it will take longer this year because of activation.

Even if you get there at 10am, you will still get a good spot at camping. I would wait for him, but it's up to you.

Default Re: Will Call Question (comments on previous experiences greatly appreciated!)

Quote Originally Posted by thevenomousone View Post
    For you vets that have picked up wristbands in the past, how fast was the entire process, especially if you're there before 9am? Is there a way for him to find his way to us that is not overly complicated?
    I've gone to Will-Call a couple times and both times it was really fast. That early I think you'll be fine, 15-20 minute detour tops. This is assuming they still have it at the tennis gardens.

It's really fast, the last two years i've just jumped out of the car, handed my ID over, and got my pass, no lining up. This was around 11am in 2012 and 1pm in 2011. Just wait around for your buddy!

+ the will call location (Indian Wells) is on the way in from San Diego anyway map: http://goo.gl/QVg9ct

If you decide you don't want to wait for him, I think there's a pretty decent chance your friend could chat someone else up in line and get a ride to the venue.

Are those wait times pretty similar no matter what time? I will be arriving at will call around 2ish on thursday and would love to get an idea on how much time to set aside. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by markstern90 View Post
    Are those wait times pretty similar no matter what time? I will be arriving at will call around 2ish on thursday and would love to get an idea on how much time to set aside. Thanks!
    I went there at 4 or 5ish on a Thursday once and it took all of 10 minutes.

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

I used will call twice over the years. Both times quick & painless...