Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why the fuck are you needle dick hipstes excited to see OutKast! THEY WILL SUCK COCK!

Default Re: Why the fuck are you needle dick hipstes excited to see OutKast! THEY WILL SUCK C

OutKast still has 39 more festivals to play lolololololol.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Default Re: Why the fuck are you needle dick hipstes excited to see OutKast! THEY WILL SUCK C

I'm holding out hope that they will fix their setlist to make sure those other 39 festival shows don't degrade the same way this one did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

This might be a global train wreck phenomenon. I'm excited, might catch a part of the set to laugh at the awkwardness and scream hey ya a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    People on Twitter are blaming the crowd for being weak. Rrrright...
    To be fair, I can't imagine the thousands of hype chasers that spend over 2x face for tix helping. This isn't their natural scene. That said Andre did mail it in IMO.

Well dumbos the stuff they performed was definitely rehearsed and fine it was just slow song after slow song . Drained out the energy .
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Blaming Twitter for the crowd not being more active?

There were many acts taking the high energy out of the crowd, most notably, Girl Talk prior to OutKast.

I am not at Coachella, but saw things unfold on the live stream. Holy. Fucking. Shit. What the fuck was Andre doing? I swear the entire time it almost appeared like he could not care less. Not singing his lyrics, not on cue, nothing - zip, nada. Also, in the 12 straight years (2 not being on-site) of Coachella, this was the first time I really noticed background tracks being played by performers - Ellie Goulding and OutKast.

And it almost appeared that Big and Andre went behind that screened cube almost to cover up the lip syncing. Bad. BAd. BAD!
    Last edited by vogina; 04-12-2014 at 04:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

I'll be waiting for guyintucson to tell us that the show was amazing! What was up with the crowd...

ps I'm sure weekend 2 will be much better. When will people realize weekend 2 > weekend 1

8/19 Run the Jewels @ Sir Stage 37
    8/21 The Clean @ Rough Trade
    8/23 Bad Brains/Trash Talk @ Afropunk
    8/23 Kevin Saunderson @ TBA
    8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Lurker

I'm not too upset about the reports of their set being a bit "off" ..they're clearly going to be working kinks out for a while. I remember Andre saying he didn't like performing live because he was suffering from stage fright (that was about 10 years ago) ..maybe he's not fully over that? Should they have booked a tour if that's the case? Maybe not, but maybe he'll get over it as the tour progresses.

Just watched the video. Wow, after the first few tracks it was real bad.
    When an artist needs the crowd to give to them in order to perform it shows that they didnt bring much to the equation.

The crowd should respond organically to seeing and / or feeling something inspiring. Hyping the crowd up and depending on their energy to fuel you just shows that you are out of gas. Big Boi was 10x better than Andre but its always been really clearly that Big Boi just doesnt work on his own. Its just not unique enough, it a dime a dozen. Unfortunately Andre is too bipolar to count on and he really showed from about 25 - 30 minutes in that he just doesnt have the chops to perform live. Ms Jackson and Hey Ya were fucking jokes. If they are going to to SB/LB tracks they really need to do something to highlight that portion, maybe explain it, i dont know, but just breaking down into the solo pieces just doesnt work, AT ALL.

Well... after the first two or three songs, crosses it is.

Coachella Junkie

I can't stop laughing at the fact that this has been one of the most anticipated & in-demand headliners that people have been begging for the past 7+ years...

... and it apparently was meh.

These are the worst reviews I've seen of a headliner. We went to Anti Flag...good ser

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I remember Andre saying he didn't like performing live because he was suffering from stage fright (that was about 10 years ago) ..maybe he's not fully over that?
    Brilliant ...I'm sure 6 more days will fix it
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

Andre used to be the only good thing about the Outkast live show. Now there is nothing good about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

So wait, what happened at the end of their set?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    He really said this on stage? wow if so.
    It was a very awkward close out indeed. As far as the set goes it was nice that Janelle Monae was there but the crowd didn't seem that into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

My first twinge of disappointment came when they opened with BOB, I thought for sure that would be the closer. Then it appeared that Andre3000 looked really intimidated to be performing in front of that many people and behaved really strangely for the entire set. (I do the same thing when public speaking, I get intimidated, start rambling, crack stupid jokes, act awkward, etc.). I thought he might have been a little drunk. Whatever was going on with him he did not seem ready to be performing in that capacity or even capable of doing so. Second to that Andre3000 and Big Boi don't have much chemistry. A rapping duo needs to be on point and have their verses flow seamlessly into one another, not the case last night.

I actually thought the track selection during the first 35-40 minutes was great when they were doing hit after hit nonstop. It was enough for me to overlook any weaknesses, but it all flew off the rails as soon as they split up for SB/LB songs (not surprising considering this album also coincided with Outkast splitting up and ending their brilliant run atop the hip hop world). I could not believe they spent so much time in the middle of their set doing tracks off this album, it totally killed the vibe (3000 also did a great job killing the vibe the entire set). Janelle Monae came out and I could care less. Future came out for three horrible songs as they hyped his album release date and the whole time he was up there was the low point of the entire set. By they time they dipped back into their classics with Hootie Hoo I was totally over it. In addition it was clear that there was quite a bit of lipsynching and backing tracks being used (there were times when 3000 had his mic at his side and didn't even bother trying to sing along with the backing tracks).

Overall I am really sad that this performance was so awful. As many have speculated this 40-tour festival extravaganza is a money grab and it was totally apparent last night. I will stay for the first 8 songs and leave after Spottieottie to go see Dixon. I am so glad I am going weekend 2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    So do they money invested in Future?
    Yes. P-Diddy combing hair is probably a huge investor.
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Girl Talk killed it, AND the crowd. Hahahaha. That was an hour of cardio for everyone. OF COURSE THE CROWED WAS FUCKING SUBTLE. However, I bet everyone slept like babies this morning with Carnage, Chromeo, and Girl Talk driving home the party bus. Fuck, a day in the sun+all of that, and then OutKast. Albeit, if the performance was amazing, no doubt about it energy levels would have spiked. But, OutKast was a snooze fest.

I've seen Big Boi put on great sets. Surprised he wasn't any good either.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Marlon Brando needs to reply to this thread with:

"Monday Breaking News- OutKast Cancels, Daft Punk to perform, clusterfuck chella to ensue"

what's up with Andre? Is he in a cult? Is he on drugs? Is he gay? When are they gonna break up? When are they gonna make up? I'm feeling better than ever what's wrong with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    what's up with Andre? Is he in a cult? Is he on drugs? Is he gay? When are they gonna break up? When are they gonna make up? I'm feeling better than ever what's wrong with you?
    Hahahahahahaha. He was star struck by Prince. "Skins versus blouses"

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Marlon Brando needs to reply to this thread with:

"Monday Breaking News- OutKast Cancels, Daft Punk to perform, clusterfuck chella to ensue"
    Please make sense of this post.
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Please make sense of this post.
    No.

It's on YouTube again right now, right in the middle of the set on Channel 1. Andre is such a bore and clearly not giving a shit. Just said, "y'all here? Everybody still here? Y'all tired, I know." Nah dude you're just boring as shit tonight.

OutKast at Coachella has become the Phantom Menace. People left and were like "that was pretty good," and then came home and got on the Internet and decided it was a trainwreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

One can hope they'll be better next week?

I know Blur turned in a more energetic performance last year during weekend 2.

I'm watching the YouTube feed and it's pretty woeful

Huh... I went in to this show knowing next to nothing about Outkast and had a really great time... no complaints here other than starting late and cutting off right after Hey Ya.

It was absolute fire until Andre 3000 started his solo set. I was closer to the front and the crowd around me was going absolutely crazy for the whole thing, including Big Boi's solo songs, but Andre 3000's songs sucked all the energy out of it. I've always maintained that the Love Below was wildly overrated and the crowd reaction to those songs was awful. And then when we wanted OutKast songs, they bring out Future? He was absolutely terrible. That 30 minute stretch killed any momentum, and left me actually bored during the finale of hits. I'm so disappointed, especially because the first 30-40 minutes or so was one of the best crowds and most fun I've had at a show...just hit after hit after hit.
    Last edited by travelfan; 04-12-2014 at 09:38 AM.